Before I get to the matter at hand I'd like to say that I have no idea where to post this thread.

So if any of you mods think it's appropriate to move it,feel free to do so.

And just to classify this me venting my frustrasion with how is the state of the site.

So I've been visiting this forum for almost every day since 2012.And through the years I noticed that quality of the comments has been decreased.

What do I mean by that??

The amount of wish-list and speculation lists,the off-topic comments,the shit posting,the attempts to be funny posts.....

I could go on and on but I'm gonna stop here.Maybe I'm the only one who noticed all this or maybe I'm the one with the problem here but honestly that kind of posting makes me concider whenever or not to continue visit this site altogether.

I already stopped visiting the lincened threads because that is where things get out of hand.Especially the super hero threads.....don't get me started on those.

Any way that's my rant.If you have something to add in the conversation please do so,I'd like to hear your opinion.

I'm going to comment, which is rare for me here.

I've been here for nearly a year, but I've been on other forums as long as 6 years. I'm on the admin team on another forum. I have nearly 10,000 posts on that one. One of the things I've noticed over the years is that quite a few internet forums are far too heavy handed with moderating and rules. This is where we all come as part of our recreation. I, for one, spend enough time being told what to do at work. I don't need to be told how to act when I'm enjoying my hobby. I'm all for staying on topic, but sometimes some real good commentary happens when people are allowed to stray a bit. It also builds a family environment if members are allowed to joke with one another. I've left a couple forums because of keyboard ninjas feeling all powerful because they have a moderator badge and feel like they have to tell everyone what's what all the time. So far I haven't seen too much here that would put me off, but if your rant is any indication of the way the members of this site feel then I might be wrong. I think you need to relax and remember we are all here because we are TOY ENTHUSIASTS. I got into this partly to be closer to my 8 year old son, and between him and his 4 year old sister we can't stay on topic for more than 60 seconds, so it's not a huge deal for me if a thread is derailed.

Take a chill pill dude.

Oh I'm pretty calm I assure you.

The thing is the majority of the users here are adults and so naturally I expect them to possess atleast the necessary amount of maturity so we can contain a civil and a steady discussion.And I don't mind if we do get off-topic once in while,after all it's unavoidable.The thing is sometimes the thread gets so out of hand that the discussion will end being off-topic for several pages.That's something I don't approve and I believe this kind of behavior hurts this forum.

Edited by LOTR34

I agree with Mercury. I think a good rule of thumb is if you're not enjoying the forums then leave those forums alone. Don't scold people for not following what you think they should be posting about. I came here to have fun and talk about legos and this forum does a wonderful job of doing that.

If you can't handle someone cracking a joke between leaks and press releases then maybe a forum isn't what you're looking for. We're all here to have a discussion, not wallow in our thinly veiled bitterness that anyone else might dare to have fun.

Oh I'm pretty calm I assure you.

The thing is the majority of the users here are adults and so naturally I expect them to possess atleast the necessary amount of maturity so we can contain a civil and a steady discussion.And I don't mind if we do get off-topic once in while,after all it's unavoidable.The thing is sometimes the thread gets so out of hand that the discussion will end being off-topic for several pages.That's something I don't approve and I believe this kind of behavior hurts this forum.

That is frustrating, I agree. That's when the Mods step in and kick it back. I personally haven't seen any significant thread derailment that the Mods haven't hopped right on here, but I'm not on every board every day; I spend most of my time in the Historic themes and Superhero threads.

I agree with Mercury. I think a good rule of thumb is if you're not enjoying the forums then leave those forums alone. Don't scold people for not following what you think they should be posting about. I came here to have fun and talk about legos and this forum does a wonderful job of doing that.

If you can't handle someone cracking a joke between leaks and press releases then maybe a forum isn't what you're looking for. We're all here to have a discussion, not wallow in our thinly veiled bitterness that anyone else might dare to have fun.

Did you even read any of my posts before commenting yourself??Apparently not.

So let me clarify yet again.

I'm not saying that people shouldn't have fun.

I'm not saying people shouldn't get off-topic once in a while,after all as I said previously it's unavoidable.

What I'm saying is that there should be a line between having fun once in a while and getting completely out line and derailing the thread to the point of frick all and starting discussing about the illuminati in thread about lego toys.

Edited by LOTR34

I think this thread probably belongs in "Forum Information and Help."

I do agree that there are some cases of what I'd call "bad boarding," where people are not necessarily being rude or spamming but just don't do a good job of supporting a useful discussion. Going OT is one example, although whether its a big deal is very situational to me. Other cases that bother me are when people ask a question that was answered a page or two back in a long thread, but they pop into a thread and make it all about them instead of following along. Similarly when someone posts some sort of news like its a big deal even though it was posted and discussed a few pages back. At the same time I know it can be hard to correct people on these matters without the moderation seeming overly harsh or unwelcoming.

Edited by Vorkosigan

...when members ask a question that was answered a page or two back...

That, and misinterpreting information, are the worst offenses.

The thing with posting riddles and hints is that they can be interpreted in different ways by different members. So everyone begins to speculate and make theories

And that's when the thread goes to the dumps

The thing with posting riddles and hints is that they can be interpreted in different ways by different members. So everyone begins to speculate and make theories

Exactly,the poor state of a thread could be easily be a product of a hint or a riddle.Members immediatly start to theorize,make predictions and that pretty much can keep going on and on for countless pages.Maybe hinting was fun back then but now it's a problem and you people with the inside info need to realise that.

I said it in the past and I'll say it again: if you're confident enough to share the info share it,if not then don't share it at all.No riddles,hints or what not.

I mean we're talking about toys for Gods sake not top secret military plans.

Personally I really enjoy the hints and riddles and appreciate those who provide them. Perhaps a good compromise would be to allow hints and riddles in a speculation thread where people are free to guess and make predictions while the rumours thread be for actual sets whether released or unreleased.

On 8/28/2016 at 6:29 AM, Robert8 said:

cough cough CMF rumors thread?

On 8/28/2016 at 1:29 AM, LOTR34 said:

The amount of wish-list and speculation lists,the off-topic comments,the shit posting,the attempts to be funny posts.....

I could go on and on but I'm gonna stop here.Maybe I'm the only one who noticed all this or maybe I'm the one with the problem here but honestly that kind of posting makes me concider whenever or not to continue visit this site altogether.

I already stopped visiting the lincened threads because that is where things get out of hand.Especially the super hero threads.....don't get me started on those.

Any way that's my rant.If you have something to add in the conversation please do so,I'd like to hear your opinion.

So then the mods start intervening more... and then more people post BS posts... it's a downwards spiral. I'm not blaming any mods, because it's unavoidable. The question is how to save the threads from now on...

For starter we could improve our posting behavior by not bumping old topics :laugh:

This topic is half a year old. Let's not bump an old topic to start about BS posts. 

I know the rumor topics can be hard to maintain, but this is not the place or the time the discuss this. I will close this topic.