-zenn

Vehicle Width Preference

Vehicle Width Choice  

100 members have voted

1. 1. What width in building vehicles do you prefer?

I'm now switching to 1 stud to 1 foot - 1:38 scale.  It's a new, unofficial but supported by some, concept for trains called the L-Gauge Prototype.  It allows amazing accuracy.  Only problem is I need R120 curves.  I'm going to make future MOC vehicles at this scale.

Oops didn't realise that the previous comment was the first in five years on this thread - apologies to all.

Edited by Vilhelm22

I was heartbroken when Speed Champions switched to 8 wide. The 6 wides gave us some great classic cars for our cities. That tiny Mini Cooper may be the best City scale vehicle Lego has ever made. 

I think 6 wide is better, but for me, who likes to build accurate cars that can fit two minifigures, 8 wide is definitely the scale for me. It allows for more detail that the 6 wides just can't incorporate sometimes.

If we consider Speed Champions as part of City,the proper wide should be 8 or even more in bigger vehicles, so 2minifigs can sit side by side.

I'm in the 6-wide crowd. City has fully transitioned over to it and the new road plates are built for it. I understand the roads are now scalable to any size, but as I still build 6-wide trains and use modular buildings, having the cars in 6-wide works perfectly. 8-wide gets too large and looks wrong in front of modular buildings.

For a City / Creator 3-in-1 type of setting, I think 4-6 wide cars at most, and trucks can be a little bit wider.

I do have some 3-in-1 8 wides, but some exceptions can be made for Campers/Caravans, as long as they aren't like next to City/3-in-1 buildings it still looks fine, since those are Outdoor vehicles with more detailed interior like bed/kitchen etc.

Of course for actual car modeling 8+ wide is much nicer/realistic.

Edited by TeriXeri