Sign in to follow this  
Kodan Black

[O - H04] The Lab - Pt3

Oops, sorry this is part 3 not part 2. I forgot about the first episode.

Tags: Civil Building

Previously...

// PERSONAL DIARY //

As we moved into the lower levels it was clear that no one was there. Given how clean everything was you couldn't guess at how long ago it had been since someone had been there either. Air filtration would keep the dust out, so it could have been quite some time or earlier in the day that anyone had set eyes on this lab.

When we reached the end we came to a large storage area. There were crates and tanks for liquids that would be used in other parts of the lab. I was surprised by how much they had of some of the chemicals. Many of them were commonly used ones, but the amount present could keep a lab running for years. And apart from the chemicals being highly volatile I couldn't come up with what the combination of the specific choices would be used for. Nothing here made sense and so little of the equipment we found was anything I recognized. I told the team that we clearly needed to get a whole scientific team here as quickly as possible.

29155878851_33f216c224_c.jpg

29126189982_de24f49315_c.jpg

The Major, however, said that we needed to ex-filtrate and use Penta-Thermite on the whole place. I was shocked, we had a lab with an unknown purpose and no one here, but they wanted to blow it up! I said that we couldn't, but he said his orders were to do just that. Asking who had ordered such a thing only got the response: "I was ordered not to tell you." Since he was technically a contractor and not an Octan employee I had no real leverage over him. He also said that it only made sense to "burn the place white hot" in case there was anything dangerous here. He sarcastically offered I could stay behind as he and the others set the charges.

Despite my feelings I had little choice and we left the lab behind. I asked if we would observe from above to see that the charges went off but he insisted his stuff always works. Oddly, I noted later that no seismic activity was detected and no abnormal temperature readings were noticed on planet either. I suspect either our sensors aren't properly calibrated or a data problem. The Major said that "a team" had verified the destruction. This whole episode has left me with nothing but questions but due to security around the mission I can't even discuss anything about it with anyone, including the team I went with.

The Major and his team left for another assignment and so here I am alone with my thoughts. I'll have to be careful that I don't compromise security, but I do want to find out whether our data is flawed or the sensors on planet aren't working. I wish I had been able to spend a bit more time in the lab to have a chance to look around more. Even going back to the site would be a security protocol breach though, according to the team.

Extra Pics:

28611706624_9822ffe81d_c.jpg

28613807873_90c4200133_c.jpg

Edited by Kodan Black

Neat build and great story! Kodan does seem a bit clueless though.

Edited by LordDan

Kodan is too paranoid. If the team say the base is destroyed it sure is destroyed. They just manipulated the data so the enemies won't find out about the destruction. :wink:

Also, I changed the title for you.

Kodan is too paranoid. If the team say the base is destroyed it sure is destroyed. They just manipulated the data so the enemies won't find out about the destruction. :wink:

I agree with Epsilon. What the team says is the truth. It is always easier to simply accept statements you are given. Why question anything? Trust in corporate.

Great work here Kodan! I love the lab, and I love this story! Kodan's stories are perfect in every way! :laugh:

~Insectoid Aristocrat