mccoyed

[Challenge 5][Cat C] Chūrippu 502

28944031140_a6548fdb6d_b.jpg

The Chūrippu 502 is the hottest rod of the whole Kawashita GARC fleet. It is sponsored by Zumbi Media, Stark Industries, and a range of other Kawashita-affiliated corporations, laboratories, and organizations.

The Chūrippu 502 was designed by Dr. Asuka Ross and her husband Malachi Ross, both based on Mars. The design was perfected in Mars orbit, put through its paces in every major GARC qualification track in Sol System.

Though it may seem weird that a GARC cruiser be named after a flower as common as the red tulip, the Hanakotoba associates this flower with fame and charity, representing the values of its designers and all of us here at Kawashita. Any proceeds from sponsorship deals or GARC prize monies will be donated to Andromedan amputees to cover the costs of both rehabilitation and top-of-the-line Kawashita prostheses.

Some additional views of the craft:

28944021330_79d7ac1c36_b.jpg

29123853252_25d8237abb_b.jpg

29123855072_c967c73c3f_b.jpg

29123857552_84034a8b1b_b.jpg

And of course, the proofing shots required by Andromeda GARC authorities to make sure craft like the Chūrippu 502 are regulation sized ans spec:

29198272926_847f89b0d0_b.jpg

29124108652_9cc5367645_b.jpg

Builder's Notes:

-This is my first ever GARC and it was tons of fun to make. The platform that the build is set on is 12x12 studs, which should be easily apparent from the top-down view.

-If you look carefully, you'll notice that the "SF" racing sticker on the right side of the ship is cut up into 3 pieces. I did that on purpose and really like the effect. It was fun to play with stickers, which is usually something I don't mess around with. I'd really like to get some custom stickers!

-Thanks for looking!

Edited by mccoyed

Nice design. It has an oriental dragon feel to it too; very appropriate for a Kawashita racer.

This is excellent! I love the design with the 4 wings in the back and the stickering looks great! This is a top notch racer for sure!

Nice design. It has an oriental dragon feel to it too; very appropriate for a Kawashita racer.

Thanks. Really liked yours too.

This is excellent! I love the design with the 4 wings in the back and the stickering looks great! This is a top notch racer for sure!

Thanks LD!

Awesome design! (Is it red or dark red? I can't tell)

Dark red. Lighting is a bit weird.

The build is top-notch, but the stickering really makes it stand out. Nice!

Thanks. I thought the stickering would be frustrating but it was tons of fun. Would love to do it again sometime because I have more stickers but I ran out of space.

Really nice! I love the mixels parts! You've masterfully created a smooth and well shaped car-like GARC, and the back "wings" finish the aesthetic perfectly.

Oddly enough, I think it may look better without the stickers, allowing the smooth and simpler colours to speak for themselves... but this is a GARC race, after all!

~Insectoid Aristocrat