The Harpy's Embrace

Harpies do not appreciate archers, for they can send stinging sticks into the air, the harpies dominion. Archers, on the other hand, have no love for harpies, simply because - despite a somewhat female appearance - honestly speaking they are flying monsters with claws and teeth.

29227523025_3aba0dc0c1_c.jpgThe Harpy's Embrace by MWardancer, auf Flickr

28604961654_e4b6ce3908_c.jpgThe Harpy's Embrace (2) by MWardancer, auf Flickr

29194067446_5c6a057e4c_c.jpgHarpy by MWardancer, auf Flickr

29149696711_6da35c898b_c.jpgHarpy (2) by MWardancer, auf Flickr

List of customization techniques:

- Brickwarriors' wings painted

- Brickwarriors tail cut

- leg piece painted

- custom claws made from skeleton arms

- drilling holes into the hair to attach the wings - that was very difficult and I ruined a few hairpieces in the process

She’s cool. I like the use of a Chima face. Would you show as less artistic image of how you attached the wings? It’s a clever idea but I can't really see the execution in the images above. I like the claws but don't know how i feel about the method. Not that you cut pieces, mind, just which pieces you cut (I have a special place in my heart for the dangly armed skeletons of old). Are they still making those arms?

Thanks for your comments!

I think they do not make the skeleton arms any more. Maybe other arms hace the same hands, I did not check all kinds. The hands I discovered more or less by coincidence.

I can post a picture of the back later.

I have already ordered parts for making more harpies as I want a regiment of them. I want to try different hairpieces.

Very cool! I agree with kurigan that the use of the Chima face for the harpy is brilliant. I don't know why but I imagine she has a lovely face most of the time that turns feral when she attacks.