Looks good! Glad the paint worked out for you!

@Shakar. Its just the standard black strong and flexible.

I too am curious about the hi-def achryllic, I'd love a smooth mask, but not sure if its worth that much to me... I need money for food and rahkshi parts

On 11/10/2016 at 5:30 PM, PrimoUltimo said:

So I painted mask in Citadel's Auric Gold, and now looks perfect.

Big gallery: http://imgur.com/a/pw3iZ

http://i.imgur.com/w4FF6U6.jpg

How did you pull that trans orange head trick? Did you cut a Glatorian head?

@Antak Thanks, looks like ____ Strong and Flexible is the best and most cost effective solution if you want a mask to paint.

@ shakar; no problem, glad you like it.

The glatorian head can actually fit the new masks, its tighter than the bionicle head, but it would probably work for the shapways masks. Its just a matter off making sure it can go on and off safely

On 22.10.2016 at 3:00 PM, Shakar said:

How did you pull that trans orange head trick? Did you cut a Glatorian head?

I needed to grind sides of glatorian head, so mask could fit, but mask was a little floppy, so I put someting on top of head to block mask from moving.

sMcEcGD.jpg

Edited by PrimoUltimo

I've decided to wait till 2017 to purchase the hi def black acrylic version of the titan MOUP. Cyberhand is still updating the design and I want to buy it once he's truly satisfied with it.

On 24/10/2016 at 7:00 AM, Antak said:

@ shakar; no problem, glad you like it.

The glatorian head can actually fit the new masks, its tighter than the bionicle head, but it would probably work for the shapways masks. Its just a matter off making sure it can go on and off safely

On 24/10/2016 at 6:30 PM, PrimoUltimo said:

I needed to grind sides of glatorian head, so mask could fit, but mask was a little floppy, so I put someting on top of head to block mask from moving.

sMcEcGD.jpg

Thanks! I keep forgetting Glatorian heads work on G2 Masks. Quite the clever trick there. I have to try it sometime.

I've decided to wait till 2017 to purchase the hi def black acrylic version of the titan MOUP. Cyberhand is still updating the design and I want to buy it once he's truly satisfied with it.

Yeah, I'm doing the same. I was thinking of getting it for Christmas, so I have one more reason to wait now.

Edited by Shakar

I'll probably grab one too. The hi-def stuff looks sweet. One mask to rule them all...

It looks to me like the villager scale one might be closer to the dimensions of the one from the Flickr images of the different titans.  I might just get a couple of that size, once it's closer to the one from those images, and forget about the titan scale one altogether.

7 minutes ago, Silent Nomad said:

It looks to me like the villager scale one might be closer to the dimensions of the one from the Flickr images of the different titans.  I might just get a couple of that size, once it's closer to the one from those images, and forget about the titan scale one altogether.

I believe the Titan Scale is more accurate. Owning both myself, I can tell you that the Titan Scale mask looks far superior on the actual JTO Makuta Model. That being said, if you want to use it on MoCs and stuff, you'd be better off with Villager scale since it will work better on, well, smaller scale creations.

On 10/22/2016 at 6:00 AM, Shakar said:

@Antak Thanks, looks like ____ Strong and Flexible is the best and most cost effective solution if you want a mask to paint.

Is S&F Polished not a good idea, or were you just being general?

26 minutes ago, Silent Nomad said:

Is S&F Polished not a good idea, or were you just being general?

http://img00.deviantart.net/4f35/i/2016/263/e/5/makuta_the_mask_maker_by_antak3000-dai9ld3.jpg

No, its fine. This is a purple smooth and polished, but no point in getting polished colors if your going to paint over it. The texture isn't very different, its not actually much smoother

Well it seems that Cyberhand will be finishing the final version of the mask soon now that the art book has come out

I agree. now that I know there aren't any more images that will help me I will be going over what Ixrollout has noticed and making a final version of the mask.

Which is good to hear. He has updated the titan scale MOUP before this but I'm still going to wait for him to upload the definitive version before I order the Titan Scale Hi Def Acrylic MOUP.

I noticed Cyber Hand has the "Hi Def Acrylate" option available for the villager scale MOUP. I went ahead and ordered one (despite already owning the strong and flexible one). I'll post some pieces and compare the two once I received it.

I'm still waiting for him to say that its the final version before I order a Black Hi Def Acrylic Titan Scale MOUP.

Plus the Villager one isn't updated like the Titan one.

Still, good to know he didn't forget about Villager Scale. I had asked him about that material coming to Villager Scale a while ago but he didn't reply, so glad that got cleared up.

N9qWc56l.jpg

(Hi-def on the left and SaF on the right)

The mask came in today, and it looks pretty nice in the Hi-def material. It's quite smooth (not as smooth as Lego pieces), feels like plastic, and has a nice shine to it, unlike the grainy feel of the Strong and Flexible. It doesn't quite match Lego black (it's a couple of shades lighter) as well as SaF. Also I'm not sure if it's just my copy or not, but the mask came out very slightly smaller than the SaF one (not sure if you can tell in the above image), which, as a result, is making the mask fit with a tighter fit to the head. The mask can still come on and off just fine, it just doesn't flop around as the SaF one did.

Also, word of caution: The pointy bits of the mask right under the eye ports are quite sharp on the Hi-def mask (nearly punctured myself on the thumb).

Nothing much else I could think of the say, if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

1 hour ago, DOTM Shockwave said:

Also, word of caution: The pointy bits of the mask right under the eye ports are quite sharp on the Hi-def mask (nearly punctured myself on the thumb).

Might want to let Cyberhand know about that before he does the final adjustments to the mask. 

Ouch. Yeah, he should be informed about that. I'm sure that making the spike tips a bit round won't ruin the mask's looks.

As for the colour, it reminds me of titanium metallic. How close is to that shade? That wouldn't be so bad since all Makuta models use it, especially Overlord. It would fit.

1 hour ago, Shakar said:

Ouch. Yeah, he should be informed about that. I'm sure that making the spike tips a bit round won't ruin the mask's looks.

Well, the official Bionicle masks never had such sharp shapes, so it will make the MOUP more consistent with the likes of MoCr or MoCo.

21 hours ago, Takanuinuva said:

Might want to let Cyberhand know about that before he does the final adjustments to the mask. 

I would, but I don't have a account on Shapeways to do so.

17 hours ago, Shakar said:

As for the colour, it reminds me of titanium metallic. How close is to that shade? That wouldn't be so bad since all Makuta models use it, especially Overlord. It would fit.

Looking at it some more, the best way I can describe the color is it looks like mixture of black and titanium metallic (little too light to be black, and a little too dark to be titanium).

18 hours ago, Onepu the Protector said:

Well, the official Bionicle masks never had such sharp shapes, so it will make the MOUP more consistent with the likes of MoCr or MoCo.

Good point, I was about to say that as well. Making the tips less sharp would also make it feel more like an official Lego piece.

EDIT

1 hour ago, DOTM Shockwave said:

I would, but I don't have a account on Shapeways to do so.

Looking at it some more, the best way I can describe the color is it looks like mixture of black and titanium metallic (little too light to be black, and a little too dark to be titanium)

I do. I can do it if you guys are ok with it. Are Titan Scale's spikes fine or are those too sharp as well?

Thanks, that's pretty good I think. Could you post a figure wearing the Black Hi-Def mask? Preferably a black one.

Edited by Shakar

1 hour ago, Shakar said:

Good point, I was about to say that as well. Making the tips less sharp would also make it feel more like an official Lego piece.

EDIT

I do. I can do it if you guys are ok with it. Are Titan Scale's spikes fine or are those too sharp as well?

Thanks, that's pretty good I think. Could you post a figure wearing the Black Hi-Def mask? Preferably a black one.

XiPc1ggl.jpg

Here's a shot of Uniter Onua with the mask on.

Also, I'm alright with you messaging Cyberhand if you could. I can't say if the Titan scale mask is the same or not (don't own one), but I'm assuming it's the same.

6 hours ago, DOTM Shockwave said:

XiPc1ggl.jpg

Here's a shot of Uniter Onua with the mask on.

Also, I'm alright with you messaging Cyberhand if you could. I can't say if the Titan scale mask is the same or not (don't own one), but I'm assuming it's the same.

Thanks! Looks pretty good. I can live with it, reminds me of the difference between the regular Kraahkan and the Movie Edtion Kraahkan, one was glossy/matte finish and looked a bit lighter, but the difference wasn't overbearing to me.

Sent him a PM over Shapeways, will let you know.

I figure I should bump this (even though I'm not sure if I'm allowed), if anyone's still interested. Cyberhand replied to me a few days ago and confirmed that he's planning on redoing the Villager Scale to round out the sharp edges.