I wanted to save up and get a metal version, but I think it's better that I buy a plastic one first. It's that rough surface most of the options have that bugs me: I'd like the Mask to be as smooth as possible.

Black Strong & Flexible seems like a decent choice for a paint job (at least, a smooth finish), but since I'm not used to do this type of stuff I fear I would just ruin it all. Is Black Acrylic worth the extra price (it's over 2 times and half the price of BS&F!)? I'm talking about the Titan Scale in all cases.

Edited by Shakar

it probably won't unfortunately. Between the metal being slightly thicker and the lack of flexibility, it just wont attach (safely) to pretty much anything a standard mask fits on. try 2 of these (http://www.bricklink...lor=11#T=C&C=11), with one of these (http://www.bricklink...lor=11#T=C&C=11)

in the middle. Basically, the mask of creation stand without the technic part on top. its flexible enough that you can fit it around the masks connectors. then, just slide a technic piece of your choosing through the top and put an axle through it. you'll have to take it apart a little to remove the mask but I just tried it and it works well

yFDxE5ib.jpg(Image from bzpower 70795 reveiw)

Edit:Not enough room to slide an axle through the top. dang Maybe use the longer beams instead (https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=32449&name=Technic,%20Liftarm%201%20x%204%20Thin&category=%5BTechnic,%20Liftarm%5D#T=C) so you have enough room.

Edited by Antak

Behold! :excited:

moup1.jpg

Whoopsie :blush:

I mean Behold!

moup2.jpg

So Glad I got this today. Has a nice weight to it. And surprisingly fit the connecter on my mask stand perfectly. :wub:

Here are two bonus pictures. One of it closeup

moup3.jpg

And one with the Mask of Creation and Mask of Control

moup4.jpg

Edited by Takanuinuva

Oh, nice. You got the updated design, too. mines the older pre-villager design. does that version fit the head? Also, your stand is glorious.

Edited by Antak

I do have a spare g2 head but I don't really want to risk it getting stuck as I don't think I could get it off the stand anyways.

Edit: It was easy to get off the mask stand. But it did get stuck on the head. I did manage to get it off the head without damaging the head but I'm not going to put it on the head again. I'l probably get a black plastic titan version sometime in the future though.

Edited by Takanuinuva

I think the earlier version was tighter, I had to use pliers to the head off of mine. And it won't slide over axle connections like on the part you used

they have acryllic, but its softer so I don't know how good it would be. The clear ultra detail generally looks smoother. the matte is a result of the printing process though, so there will always be a texture unless you buy the hideously expensive cast metal masks. I'd go with the black strong and flexible with 2 or three coats of whatever color you want it to be, spraypaint starts to smooth the design out a little.

Edited by Antak

Cyberhand has updated the mask slightly and has made it available in the new Black Hi-Def Acrylate

http://www.shapeways.com/product/E884RRWG7/mask-of-ultimate-power-titan-scale?optionId=60789236

I will get a black plastic titan scale version. But I'm going to wait a bit to see if anyone review the  Black Hi-Def Acrylate version first. I already spent 60 dollars on the metal villager sized. I'm not sure I want to again for the titan version.

My villager sized one should be coming in soon; I heard somewhere that it's better scaled than the titan one, so even though my Titan Makuta is waiting for it, it will still be a bit small...

Nice that he added Black Hi-Def Acrylate, too bad it's available for the Titan Scale version only. Honestly I was kind of more interested in Village Scale (and not just for budget reasons). Still, I shall wait to see someone review the new material, while hoping BHDA somehow becomes available for Village Scale.

Edited by Shakar

So my villager scale mask arrived today, and I loved it except for one thing - it was soul-crushingly loose. Here's a video:

Ultimate Power Villager Scale - Very Loose! :(

I came up with a cheap and easy fix, but a bit disappointed because I didn't hear anything about this prior to my purchase and figured the seller would have fixed a glaring issue like that... Oh well. If anyone got it and it wasn't loose, I'll submit a complaint. However, if everyone's were loose, I guess it's the model's fault...

MOUP Villager Scale Clutch Power fixMOUP Villager Scale Clutch Power fixUltimate Power

12 hours ago, PrimoUltimo said:

So I bought Villiger MoUP in White Strong & Flexible Polished, and painted it in gold.
But I couldn't find gold like lego, so I just used normal gold paint in spray.

Gallery: http://imgur.com/a/uQNzj

How's the clutch power on yours?

14 hours ago, legozebra said:

How's the clutch power on yours?

It's tight enough to stay stable on head, and there is no problem taking it off.

4 hours ago, PrimoUltimo said:

It's tight enough to stay stable on head, and there is no problem taking it off.

Huh, I must have gotten a bad print job then, because I got the same thing as you (albeit in black) and it falls off very, very, very easily (see video up above)

On 10/6/2016 at 11:44 AM, PrimoUltimo said:

So I bought Villiger MoUP in White Strong & Flexible Polished, and painted it in gold.
But I couldn't find gold like lego, so I just used normal gold paint in spray.

Gallery: http://imgur.com/a/uQNzj

wgqJR6g.jpg

TkCBMWd.jpg

Use Citadel's Auric Gold paint. You can find it at most game stores, and its a perfect match. Its a layer paint, so it'll look great if you apply it over the gold you just did

titan_mask_by_antak3000-dai9nia.jpg

16 hours ago, Antak said:

Use Citadel's Auric Gold paint. You can find it at most game stores, and its a perfect match. Its a layer paint, so it'll look great if you apply it over the gold you just did

titan_mask_by_antak3000-dai9nia.jpg

I never earlier painted so small objects with not spray paint, you have some advices? which brush to use?

Edited by PrimoUltimo

2 hours ago, PrimoUltimo said:

I never earlier painted so small objects with not spray paint, you have some advices? which brush to use?

I just used one of the larger brushes from citadel. They're around 8 bucks and decent, if overpriced. If you have a craft store around you, look in their paint brush section, you want a small to medium sized brush with soft bristles, I have some vienna Artists Loft brushes too, think it was like, 4$. I like the ones that come to a point  myself. The Paint is water soluble, so just rinse the brush off in water. test on an expendable surface first to get the hang of it.

Like I said, its a layer paint, so you may need more than one coat. The gold paint you already applied will help a lot, so you wont get black showing through. Avoid painting contact points between the mask and head too much, since it'll rub off if its too thick.

I used a krylon Matte coat on mine as well, just to protect it. Its doesn't change the paint color though, but it keeps paint on the sharp edges better

I wonder if anyone has tried to buy Black Hi-Def Acrylate Titan Scale? I really want to see how it looks, that train on the presentation article looked fantastic. It's a bit pricy, but if you're aiming for a pure black MoUP (like I do, I guess) it could be the best choice.

On 8/10/2016 at 6:55 AM, Antak said:

titan_mask_by_antak3000-dai9nia.jpghttp://img05.deviantart.net/27dd/i/2016/263/b/0/titan_mask_by_antak3000-dai9nia.jpg

Wow, that gold is impressive! Really looks like an official Lego part this way. Which material is that?