Sry for that stupid question but how? ;)

If on computer, press the image icon and paste the url.

Also you can use bbcode tags on both computer and phone ; see here

Edited by LXF

This is the other way around... :laugh: ...you start building something and now I have to be creative... :sceptic::blush::laugh: :laugh: Okay, I will try to help you...

Most 6x6 trucks are used for heavy applications, because they are more off-road - ish then other trucks.

- I don't like campers that much, but 6x6 trucks are used for that for sure! :thumbup:

- A dump truck would work as well, you can give it a large tipper! :wub:

- You can install a crane at the back

- What also would be very cool is a hook lift system!

Does this help? :sweet:

Yes :blush::wink:

Maybe ill try the Hook lift System :)

I agree with Dafgek81! :thumbup: That log 6x6 log truck is very cool. Especially in this scale you can build a functional and detailed crane!!! Coo... :wub:

Also do I agree on the dualies for the rear axles, would be very cool!

Is it getting double tires on the rear axles?

Or are they staying like this?

I ain't a big fan of single rear tires, you rarely see them.

http://www.truck-exp...0-6x6-159350980

Something like this would be nice.

A truck with timbercrane and trailer.

Wow! I am in love with this crane.

I´ll build it. :wub:

I would also like doubletires on the rear... :laugh:

But i dont have them :hmpf_bad: IF i have good idea for the back axle with double tires i´ll buy them. :wink:

Wow! I am in love with this crane.

I´ll build it. :wub:

I would also like doubletires on the rear... :laugh:

But i dont have them :hmpf_bad: IF i have good idea for the back axle with double tires i´ll buy them. :wink:

Well start building it ready for double tires, maybe you will have to narrow the width off the back drive train.

And when you get extra wheels, you can put them on.

Love to see what you make off the crane.

Love to see what you make off the crane.

First question here. This will be one of my first build cranes. Since i wan´t to have a lot of power i Need some tipps from you guys.

What is more effective? Linear Actuators or Pneumatic?

LAs have more range of motion, and are more controllable. I would go with LAs, you won't need to install a compressor

LAs have more range of motion, and are more controllable. I would go with LAs, you won't need to install a compressor

I agree with this, but I find pneumatic cylinders more realistic.

I have used them on my crane to, but you will have to find tubes to connect the hoses to, I hate those flimsy hoses hanging all over the place.

And yes, you will have to find a place for a compressor.

I have a "little" Problem...

The truck has with the crane above 5 Kilos. If i only put something in front of the axle and try to drive over it, the U-Joints break at the back and in front...

Some tips to prevent this?

P.s: Pictures to Crane coming soon!

I have a "little" Problem...

The truck has with the crane above 5 Kilos. If i only put something in front of the axle and try to drive over it, the U-Joints break at the back and in front...

Some tips to prevent this?

Maybe ask Lucio Switch or Efferman, they have build large heavy trucks that need a lot off torque to drive.

Maybe ask Lucio Switch or Efferman, they have build large heavy trucks that need a lot off torque to drive.

Okay. I could contact Efferman through a german forum and i also got a few other tips.

Solution: Front Independen Suspension cause i think the front is the biggest problem.

at back i will see what i can do. Since i want that double tires on there, Ind. Suspension is no option.

Some tipps for the back axle?

Okay. I could contact Efferman through a german forum and i also got a few other tips.

Solution: Front Independen Suspension cause i think the front is the biggest problem.

at back i will see what i can do. Since i want that double tires on there, Ind. Suspension is no option.

Some tipps for the back axle?

Suspention is possible, the big Iveco 8x8 dumptruck by Lucio Switch has full suspention all around, maybe ask him, his trucks ate very heavy to.

Suspention is possible, the big Iveco 8x8 dumptruck by Lucio Switch has full suspention all around, maybe ask him, his trucks ate very heavy to.

You understood me wrong. Maybe its my fault. :)

With Ind. Suspension i mean Independent

You understood me wrong. Maybe its my fault. :)

With Ind. Suspension i mean Independent

Okay, my bad, sorry.

I would like you to stick with 6x6 with crane on the truck.

But it's your build, so you are free to do what you want.

so many words not even a single photos....how sad!

Hey :)

I already posted a few pictures of the 6x6 on the first topic side. (brickshelf link)

It is hard to post many photos due to my Illness. Many times in Hospital... I hope you will be satisfied if i post today the photos ! ;)

what I mean is a lot of asking for tips and suggestuion on how to make things...but probably would make more sense if you first build then show pics and ask suggestions on how to improve it?!

Anyway looking at the pics I don't like the suspensions set up at all...with suck a big scale it's so easy to make what's going on in real life...so why not? I do have leafspring suspensions and all axle driven in a smaller scale....

what I mean is a lot of asking for tips and suggestuion on how to make things...but probably would make more sense if you first build then show pics and ask suggestions on how to improve it?!

Anyway looking at the pics I don't like the suspensions set up at all...with suck a big scale it's so easy to make what's going on in real life...so why not? I do have leafspring suspensions and all axle driven in a smaller scale....

The new plan is a 4x4 with a trailer. Since i have just 6 of the unimog tires but want doubles tires at back. The suspension Problem is also solved. The new chassis has Independent front suspension and at the back im still thinking...

Pictures coming when home again

well to have independent suspensions at the front (not real at all) and "the rear I'm still thinking" doesn't sound like "solved".... but is your truck so I'm ok with it!

well to have independent suspensions at the front (not real at all) and "the rear I'm still thinking" doesn't sound like "solved".... but is your truck so I'm ok with it!

Let yourself be surprised! :)