Brickdoctor

MOC T-47 Snowspeeder, 2016 Edition

My modded LL version:

[snip]

In perfect scale with cavegod's AT-AT btw ;)

Yeah, that won't work as well with my design because of the SNOT wings. It also looks like the wings on that speeder slope downwards at closer to 45 degrees, and that gives a little more vertical space. (Which is not necessarily a bad thing; I know mine don't slope quite enough, but I stuck with the angle of the 1x2x2 slope on the inner side of the gun mount so that it'd line up nicely.)

I like the overall smoothness and that studded wedges at the front... reminding me that it is LEGO. Good job with the vignette as well!

On 8/24/2016 at 0:51 AM, Brickdoctor said:

Indeed, and make sure to use the four-toothed 'a' variant, not the two-toothed 'b'; the two-toothed one will be almost impossible to center around the flex tubing. jb_sspdr2.jpg

Would you happen to have a parts list for this? Thinking of brick linking this. 

1 hour ago, Green Rey said:

Love how you got the colors just right. I don't understand when people make lego snowspeeders with white. 

But they aren't grey either, they are a dirty mix that's hard to equate with lego colours :)

On 27/12/2016 at 9:29 AM, All in the Reflexes said:

But they aren't grey either, they are a dirty mix that's hard to equate with lego colours :)

Maybe that's why they're made white. After a while they'll yellow and become a dirty white color :wink:

I built a version of this over the last two days...

33901391144_b30584f3cb_z.jpg
T-47 Snowspeeder by James Shields, on Flickr

34581623092_4415119848_z.jpg
T-47 snowspeeder by James Shields, on Flickr

33934668753_00e9ffcc14_z.jpg
T-47 snowspeeder (rear) by James Shields, on Flickr

I wanted it for a show this weekend, so I had to make do with parts I had to hand, so there's a few changes. In particular, I have no pneumatic tubing, so I had to improvise the guns with regular bars. I may revise it later.

It's gone a little wrong, and I get a bit of a gap in front of the canopy. I hope I can figure out what's causing it and fix later.

It's currently on display with a pair of Roskilnikov AT-ATs in Naas Library, Kildare, Ireland, and has received a lot of praise.

34626044191_c6db8a6342_z.jpg
T-47 Snowspeeder and Plus Size AT-ATs by James Shields, on Flickr

I prefer my snowspeeders in white, but I don't think either white or grey is completely correct.

Thanks again for sharing.

James

This thing is incredible. I built LL's version and I love it (despite it's fragility), but yours just takes it to another level. Bravo!

Stumbled onto this build/post a few months back. Firstly, absolutely awesome. All the lines and angles are perfect.

Does anyone have any pics of the undercarriage or have any LXF files been posted somewhere? I’ve been mashing bricks together for the past few months but just can’t work it out. Need this build on a shelf in my life! ?

On ‎8‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 1:08 AM, Brickdoctor said:

Just for you, mortesv! This is as close as it's going to get, I think:

post-11254-0-69823800-1472079587_thumb.png

Parts in red need to be substituted with parts that aren't in LDD. You'll need at least:

• Two of the 8L pneumatic tubing. I just bought one 17L piece and cut it down to size.
  • Two of those tabless, removable hose bases.
  • Two of the old Technic bushing-pulley combo pieces.
  • Four of the metal train axles.
  • Roughly 10L flex tubing.
  • Two of the toothed half bushings; make sure to get the ones with four inner teeth instead of two.
  • Two red rubber bands, either Technic or the ones off of the flanged drivers.
  • One string that's wedged between the ¾ pin and the 3L flex tubing of the harpoon gun and run through the radiator to somewhere in the cockpit

There are also some part and color variations that are probably ignorable. For example, I've used two styles of the 1x1 tiles with clips, depending on how much friction I wanted for the particular connection. Also note that some of the dark bley inserts for the repulsorlift housing are just 'floating', held in by friction. If you buy new pneumatic tubing, you might need some lubrication to get the train axles in; I just used canola oil and washed the assembly off with a bit of soap afterwards.

T-47.lxf

I know its been quite a while but I love your version of the snowspeeder and i'd really like to rebuild it . Would you consider uploading it again?:)

Just now, 27Wilson93 said:

Does probably any of the others still have the file? I would love to build i! :)

The file still works perfectly. What do you mean?

Just now, Reaper said:

The file still works perfectly. What do you mean?

True! The last tfew imes i checked it didn't and i thought without any new comment here it wouldn't silently work again. I'm so glad! :D Thanks for the headsup and thanks a lot to brickdoctor for reuploading it :)

On 8/22/2016 at 10:29 PM, Brickdoctor said:

The front portion of the guns are pneumatic tubing stiffened by two train axles apiece. (You can just barely see the divot in the middle where the two axles meet.) The exposed ends of the axles are fed into flex tubing to be clipped or inserted into a Technic pin.

Quoted from the first post

Dunno if that helps or if it refers to the very tips of the guns at all

Edited by icm