It's nice that you are giving us a peek at the inside. Is there no bottom to the hull?

For now the bottom is open, because it's a waterline model, but it's build so that i can make a underwater hull on it.

The six lifeboats closer to the stern are not only use as a lifeboat, also be used for bring quest to the shore.

Yup! You probably know, but for the others; they are called Tenders.

Okay this is my bad...I try to limit sort of the topics I follow, to manage my time basically... Since this is a little outside my scoop I skipped this topic. Not realizing it was started by my friend Edwin and not realizing it covers such a great build!!!

So from now on I'll follow this for sure...!!!

Excellent build so far and looks really promising! Like the lighting very much... :thumbup::wub:

Thanks Clive,

The six lifeboats closer to the stern are not only use as a lifeboat, also be used for bring quest to the shore.

The other 16 lifeboats are only for using for rescue.

With nearly 4yrs in the UK Merchant Navy you'd have thought I'd have noticed the difference.

Note to self. Put your glasses on!

Hey, to be fair I have never been a big fan of ships made from lego, I say lego because my future job is related with ships, but this build definitely started to change my attitude in a positive way hence I should be grateful to you now :laugh:. Anyways, good luck finishing this project :thumbup:

Hey, to be fair I have never been a big fan of ships made from lego, I say lego because my future job is related with ships, but this build definitely started to change my attitude in a positive way hence I should be grateful to you now :laugh:. Anyways, good luck finishing this project :thumbup:

Thanks Brickis38542f :thumbup:

Note to self. Put your glasses on!

I have the same problem with that. :laugh: :laugh:

So the first 10 k of bricks are now in the ship and i am not even half way.

Today's progress

29058798430_22f1f64537_c.jpg

29267361221_b29e6e1610_c.jpg

You should have put fishing not finishing :wink:

She's looking great Edwin. You're making really good progress.

I love those tenders and lifeboats :laugh:

She's looking great Edwin. You're making really good progress.

I love those tenders and lifeboats :laugh:

Thanks buddy,

I make it not easy for myself this time to choose a difficult small scale and the tenders are 5,5 studs long and 2 wide and the lifeboats are 4,5 studs long.

There is (maybe) a chance to rebuild it in minifig scale :wink::grin:

...I'm guessing you built a digital version first? How long did that take?

I was wondering the same.

It's growing big now! I'm guessing you built a digital version first? How long did that take?

I was wondering the same.

Sorry guys, there is no digital building first.

I am building at the old fashion way and only use real drawings, renders and photo's and than calculate it to Lego. :wink:

Sorry guys, there is no digital building first.

I am building at the old fashion way and only use real drawings, renders and photo's and than calculate it to Lego. :wink:

I believe your method is called admirable masochism. :laugh:

In all honesty, I'm not sure if building a digital copy would be any faster than what you are currently doing. Your method obviously works and gives great results.

I believe your method is called admirable masochism. :laugh:

In all honesty, I'm not sure if building a digital copy would be any faster than what you are currently doing. Your method obviously works and gives great results.

Thanks Bart and with this method i like to torture myself. :laugh:

I never build digital first, also not for the complete kits i deliver and works for me the best and fastest way(maybe not the cheapest) :wink:

Edited by Edwin Korstanje

Thanks Bart and with this method i like to torture myself. :laugh:

I never build digital first, also not for the complete kits is deliver and works for me the best and fastest way(maybe not the cheapest) :wink:

You have my admiration. I wouldn't know where to start, digital or otherwise.

Because Lego model building is part of my profession and must make first a digital model and than a real one it cost me twice the time and ours.

Also i don't like digital building and with this crazy big one of a kind builds i do, your computer hates you to.

My great friend JunckstyleGio have all the credits for digitalis my designs for making instructions and renders.

Excellent model, can't wait to see it finished. And yes, LDD would probably crash on 20.000+ parts.

How are you going to transport the monster?

Excellent model, can't wait to see it finished. And yes, LDD would probably crash on 20.000+ parts.

How are you going to transport the monster?

Thanks Gabi_BC,

I think the most computers will crash with more of 10 K+ parts :laugh: and than you will make a render of it with so many glass it will be crash a lot earlier.

All my buildings are strong enough to lift in one peace, but for this one i will make a special wooden box. :wink:

...for this one i will make a special wooden box. :wink:

Jack of all trades :classic:

Edited by grum64

That's the problem when you have handy hands.

My wife misuse it also for every job inside our house. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

My wife too, it also calls Edwin... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: . Testing jokes on english :cry_happy: .

Your Wife can call me anytime Jorge, but than see must first fighting there self out how she split me with my wife. :grin: :grin: .

In the time they fighting we will drinking beer together. :laugh:

Every day she growing and today also made one of the swimming pools with hidden lights in the sidewalls.

29121098230_62d338e8c2_c.jpg

28787815543_831d96bd5e_c.jpg