Best friends,

I started this weekend a new project and hope it will be ready for Legoworld 2016 Netherlands.

This model is build in the scale at 1/200 and measures (l)1.5 m x (w) 19 cm.

Because i can't give you the real name of the ship right now, that you figure it out when follow this project.

This ship gets a waterline S.N.O.T hull and from deck 4 it's stud up, also i wanted to make it with many led's lights.

Yesterday i make some moc ups for the bow and know how i must make it and started today the start of the stern.

Here is the first picture of it.

29134527405_6f3c6cc8c8_c.jpg

Looks like you've gotten yourself something a little different from your usual to build.

I'll be following this with great interest.

Because i can't give you the real name of the ship right now, that you figure it out when follow this project.

At first I thought it was one of the Azamara Cruise Ships, but that makes no sense. It will most likely be one of the Holland America Line Ships.

So it will either be the Koningsdam, which is 296 meter (200 * 1.5 = 300 meter), or the second (new) ship in the Pinnacle class (MS Nieuw Statendam), since you can't tell the name yet.

sat-travel-supplement.jpg

HAL-Koningsdam-stern-view.jpg

I'm looking forward to your progress on this huge project.

If that boat isn't produced in Saint Nazaire's shipyard (my home town) then I'm not interested in this MOC :hmpf_bad: ...

Just kidding! I love your boats! And since I'm most familiar with big cruise ships like this, I'm sure I'll love this one too :wub:

If that boat isn't produced in Saint Nazaire's shipyard (my home town) then I'm not interested in this MOC :hmpf_bad:

Lucky for me that this cruise ship is not build in your hometown Bob :grin: :grin: .

This ship (is/ore will be) build in Italy by the Fincontieri yard.

And the answer for Jim is indeed that the real one is gonna be 296 meter long and with a scale of 1/200 is that for the model 1.48 meter :wink:

Here a small update from today.

28531561174_e69d99e266_c.jpg

Edited by Edwin Korstanje

Lucky for me that this cruise ship is not build in your hometown Bob :grin: :grin: .

This ship is build in Italy by the Fincontieri yard.

And the answer for Jim is indeed that the real one is 296 meter long and with a scale of 1/200 is that for the model 1.48 meter :wink:

We don't build ships that small at St Nazaire... :look: :look: :grin:

But I'll still follow this thread :wink:

Everything big has small beginnings - looks very cute at the moment, but sure in the end it will look different than this :cry_happy::laugh:! Are you planning to "enlighten" again some or all of the cabins / decks / engine(!)?

If you are indeed building this ship:

HAL-Koningsdam-stern-view.jpg

Then shouldn't the blue sloped section at the back be longer? it sticks out a lot more

If you are indeed building this ship:

Then shouldn't the blue sloped section at the back be longer? it sticks out a lot more

It does stick out a bit more, but building a ship this size in this scale sometimes requires making minor concessions.

I think it still could be extended further,with out consequence to the rest of the build.

Why have you gone with blue instead of black,when the picture seems to suggest it is black?

Why have you gone with blue instead of black,when the picture seems to suggest it is black?

Because it is dark blue :look:

l_4b5e951b066ea0234fef7062009a55e2.jpg

The Koningsdam seems to have a very dark blue though:

KODM_float-604x387.jpg

Because of the color dark blue there are some concessions to make in this crazy scale. :devil:

I ordered the very rear slopes 1x4, but need these parts for the bow. :wink: .

Are you planning to "enlighten" again some or all of the cabins / decks / engine(!)?

There will be enough lights on it, but only some decks.

the superstructure is hollow inside(budget) and the rooms are so small that must make than a full interior when i place inside lights.

29050815322_ebdd7057a5_c.jpg

Sweet! It's looking so cool already.

Can't wait to see more progress :thumbup:

It was the light in the photo which made me think it was black.If it was Jim who took the picture we would not be having this problem. :tongue:

I have calculate the drawings back and the slope part at the stern is 3 millimeters to short in scale and i can live with that. :laugh:

Wow, how much will weigh that?, it would be a good workout for a legs day :wink: .

:laugh: :laugh: In real it's will gona be weight 99.500 tons empty and in Lego i don't know jet, but somewhere around the 15 to 18 kg.

I ordered thousands of parts today to go on further. :grin:

Thousands? OMG. I went into near meltdown just trying to order around 900 from Bricklink today :classic:

Edited by grum64

Thousands? OMG. I went into near meltdown just trying to order around 900 from Bricklink today :classic:

He ordered only 5 different parts :laugh::tongue:

He ordered only 5 different parts :laugh::tongue:

Your almost right Jim.

Only 12 different lots , but than 500 and more per lot. :laugh:

I have placed one time a order by a BL seller and wanted buy more than 70% of his total stock and the order was only 30 K of bricks and he refuse to sell it, because the order was to big. :look: .