Darbyohara

18th century French solider minifig

I am attempting to create a 18th century French soldiers (i.e. From French and Indian war or American Revolution) and this is what I was able to come up with. I was hoping to find a template for light gray coat but was unable to. From most images I've seen the French wore gray in the French and Indian war and white after. But based on military records the coat of the period was generally a white or off white.

The decals were printed by http://www.saber-scorpion.com/shop

Feel free to provide some feedback.

Thanks.

Edited by Darbyohara

That looks great! The new 2016 print really works well whit this, or any given color scheme IMO. Are you planning to make an army from these guys?

Captain Becker

That looks great! The new 2016 print really works well whit this, or any given color scheme IMO. Are you planning to make an army from these guys?

Captain Becker

Yes I've got decals for 30 minifigs. I just need to order the minfigs from bricklink.

I am attempting to create a 18th century French soldiers (i.e. From French and Indian war or American Revolution) and this is what I was able to come up with. I was hoping to find a template for light gray coat but was unable to. From most images I've seen the French wore gray in the French and Indian war and white after. But based on military records the coat of the period was generally a white or off white.

Don`t worry with FIW uniforms being white, off white or even light grey. They did indeed leave the "parade ground" a dashing white with usually light blueish sashes et all, but the harsh and humid climate of the Wilderness quickly faded the colours to a light grey and a light blueish grey.

As far as I remember they always had blue coats. And were are his epolets - a detail which makes any LEGO suit a uniform? Please have a look at my Soldies Arcenal in LEGO ideas.Waiting for your projects. Bluecoats rule.

Nope, the blue coats where a Revolutionist thingie, original french uniforms where greyish (at least SOMETHING the The Patriot movie got right pirate_laugh_new.gif )

Nope, the blue coats where a Revolutionist thingie, original french uniforms where greyish (at least SOMETHING the The Patriot movie got right pirate_laugh_new.gif )

Yes, the French uniforms on those wars were white, but they also wore blue coats, depending on the army corps the soldiers were.

Generally, the French uniforms are varying from total White with little blue or red parts to blue or even, totally red (yes, red !) uniforms. But I assume the one who is best known is the revolutionnist uniform, so, the blue one.

It is only on the 1st world war that the French uniform became less 'flashy' to prevent soldiers being easy targets !

Well, hope I helped a bit.

Sorry for my History interlude...

The decals seem great ! An army of some of these guys could be great in a Vauban style fort !