Sign in to follow this  
Big Sal

[Challenge 5][Cat B] Stickleback

M.A.N.T.I.S. mechanic Lyra Zema didn't know much about boats. But she figured they couldn't be much different from the spaceships she spent all day repairing at work. So she built the Stickleback. Some people said it looked too much like a spaceship. Some people got punched in the face. M.A.N.T.I.S. mechanic Lyra Zema didn't know much about accepting constructive criticism.

28512019613_e4df6a7b0d_c.jpg

29025570462_217f7944d3_c.jpg

Thanks for reading! Rendered using bublible's SunFlow MOD v20160717. C&C welcome!

29101212286_095c4a23bc_z.jpg

Some people said it looked too much like a spaceship. Some people got punched in the face. M.A.N.T.I.S. mechanic Lyra Zema didn't know much about accepting constructive criticism.

Well, is a really really nice boat, :wub: looking sharply like a boat, the designer must be a great naval architect. :thumbup:

I can hardly believe my eyes for she captured the very nature of the boat spirit...

Moreover, this boat could be worth the name of "BOAT" instead of stickleback... :wub_drool:

is it OK as an impartial comment ?

I feared it was a little bit like a very obsequious cringer... so she could realize and even so punch me in the face.

Edited by Professor Thaum

Well, is a really really nice boat, :wub: looking sharply like a boat, the designer must be a great naval architect. :thumbup:

I can hardly believe my eyes for she captured the very nature of the boat spirit...

Moreover, this boat could be worth the name of "BOAT" instead of stickleback... :wub_drool:

*snip*

Haha, thanks for the entirely sincere compliments! :wink: You might just escape being punched in the face :grin:

Yeah, needed to get this done on Sunday morning but didn't want to wake up the wife by rustling through real bricks :look:

looks like a real MOC, the software is great in rending the photographic reality...

I will carefully check your link and get this for testing (even if I strongly prefer the real bricks, I use LDD for big MOC for getting the whole pieces list before order on bricklink)

Edited by Professor Thaum

Really nice boat, Sal! Very interesting design choice! The spikes are great, and the pontoons are well constructed. Looks like it could go underwater and re-emerge underneath opposing boats!

~Insectoid Aristocrat