• Independent suspension in front
  • Rear axle suspension similar to AROCS
  • Pneumatic pump via M motor or manual pump
  • Pneumatic fork container lift
  • Pneumatic container lift
  • Pneumatic ejector
  • Pneumatic door cover
  • Pneumatic tailgate

The picture below shows all the functions. Only the body raise will not be implemented (I'm out of cylinders). It will be a combination of V1 and V2 pneumatics.
640x288.jpg

The scale will be similar to the AROCS, same wheels.

And here is a quick prototype to check the feasibility of the front loader.

800x436.jpg

800x672.jpg

I will post further progress once I get some time to work on it.

Any recommendation welcome.

Thank you.

Edited by Minique85
Change of picture path.

If you want it to actually dump stuff out you will need to increase the range of motion as it currently does not move far enough. This could be a really excellent model though :thumbup:

If you want it to actually dump stuff out you will need to increase the range of motion as it currently does not move far enough. This could be a really excellent model though :thumbup:

Thanks for the tip, I checked some real trucks online and got the range of motion by lowering the cylinder base by two studs! Now the arm is horizontal when in high position. Got to start working on the chassis now.

Edited by Minique85

Here are some progress pictures following the weekend. I put together the chassis according to my specifications. The rear suspension and front steering are from the AROCS, the front suspension has been modified a little. The main reason for the reuse is to allow me to focus on the pneumatic and body part (that will be the most challenging for me).

I installed and connected the V6 to the rear wheels.

The chassis has been reworked and the empty container in the middle will contain the M motor and pneumatic pump. (Already in progress)
The front bumper will be reworked completely once I start the cabin.

I plan the pace the control valves on each side: 3 on one side to control the bin elevation and dumping, including opening the hatch on top. Two on the other to control the rear door and internal pusher. I will try to position them vertically so the switching makes sense for playability.

800x382.jpg

800x399.jpg

As earlier, any comments welcome.

Thank you.

Edited by Minique85

I'm really liking the look of this project so far! I can't wait to see more :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: And just a little off-topic... That truck in your function image is clearly a Mack MC going off of the cab side shot alone :blush::wink: But that's only because I get to play around with one of those fairly often :laugh: :laugh:

8058723996_40e631848c_b.jpg

Are you going to base the cab off of this, or just go for your own design/another brand?

the model should be something never seen/shown before. The chassis is clearly the Arocs 42043 with some mods?!

While you are right, I will allow this entry for now. As long as the rest of the build isn't borrowed from existing MOCs or models.

I have seen other people using some elements of other models or MOCs.

While you are right, I will allow this entry for now. As long as the rest of the build isn't borrowed from existing MOCs or models.

ok I understand! Somehow makes sense...as far as everyone can have this option! :thumbup:

I'm really liking the look of this project so far! [...]
Are you going to base the cab off of this, or just go for your own design/another brand?

Thanks, glad someone likes it :thumbup: .
To be fair I had no particular plan apart from looking at some garbage truck pictures online, but since you recognised the cabin, I can give it a shot. I did not know this model but found some further pictures of this particular garbage truck. It has a different and interesting cabin design (used a lot for firetrucks as well).

ok I understand! Somehow makes sense...as far as everyone can have this option! :thumbup:

Thanks for the feedback, the rest will be MOC.

Edited by Minique85

I have seen a chassis like the arocs before the arocs :laugh: , if this continues will be very difficult to invent new things :wink: . Nice project full of pneumatics.

Small progress only so far (limited time) but here are the first pneumatics installation. I modified the chassis connection to the front, the previous version was not strong enough.

The pump is mounted in the chassis, and the air distribution is laid out. I'm still working on the old valves installation.

Three valves on one side (Group of two for the lifting, single one for the cover)

800x533.jpg

New front chassis connection and old valves to control the rear door and pusher.

800x533.jpg

Edited by Minique85

Finally got some time to work on this after a couple weeks of holidays.

The front axle has been rebuilt from scratch with a new steering link. The chassis was just too high to accommodate the low profile cabin required in the front. I also sticked with a 6 inline engine since I ran into issues with the suspension when trying to fit the V6.

I went then with the cabin design, trying to create something similar to the MACK suggested earlier. The lifting arms were then fitted and the main body designed to get a sense of size (including the cylinder for the top trap door, mounted on the inside). The color scheme is derived from the limited selection of pieces I have, I am fairly satisfied with it.

The arms are functional and the setup works well. I made a test with a "technic" garbage bin and it dumps in the right spot.

Here are some pictures ( I need to work on lighting and proper camera settings for the final submission, it looks better in real life).

The gap between the body and the cabin will be completed once I figure out the pusher mechanism...  

800x533.jpg

800x533.jpg

The doors open and are locked using the blue liftarm.

800x533.jpg

Dumping position. I realised also that the older and newer mini cylinder version have a slightly different length when out (as you can see in the picture). Looks like I have an excuse to get the Volvo EW160E quickly now.

800x533.jpg

Any comments welcome!

Edited by Minique85

Hello everyone,

Here is some progress on my TC10 project submission. Basically all the functions are now implemented and working, including the pusher inside that gave me a real headache. The upper body work is complete, I now want to rework some lower part around the battery pack and some cabin features. Steering HOG is the orange light on top behind the cabin.

I will try to make a video soon to show some of the functionality but I need to redesign the bin (the test version is very ugly). The functions work well and dumps every time. Any comments/advise welcome!

800x561.jpg

800x605.jpg

I decided to go with the cylinders inside for the rear door, they really look nice when installed on the outside (too large).

800x605.jpg

Edited by Minique85

That looks awesome! :classic: I love the way you built the bumper on it, I think that looks amazing. This is an excellent build, great work! Cool that you are loosely basing it off of the Mack too :blush:

12 minutes ago, Kiwi_Builder said:

That looks awesome! :classic: I love the way you built the bumper on it, I think that looks amazing. This is an excellent build, great work! Cool that you are loosely basing it off of the Mack too :blush:

Thanks, loosely is the right word, I tried to get most of the shape with reference pictures. The cabin actually tilts to reveal the engine, got to make a picture of that.

Mate, you need to build a skip bin for the truck to empty..  would add bonus points?

JJ Richards run a fleet of Iveco's it wouldn't take much to change your grill around to be close to one.

still a very neat build, well done!

12 hours ago, brickless_kiwi said:

Mate, you need to build a skip bin for the truck to empty.. 

I had one, but only for test purpose. I've made a new one tonight, better but I am still not that please with the look.

I also made a quick video to show the main functions. The final video will show also the suspensions and engine at work, but I first need to figure out a better camera/lighting setup.

Comments welcome!

7 hours ago, Minique85 said:

I had one, but only for test purpose. I've made a new one tonight, better but I am still not that please with the look.

I also made a quick video to show the main functions. The final video will show also the suspensions and engine at work, but I first need to figure out a better camera/lighting setup.

Comments welcome!

Possibly a bit late in the design but your Compactor / ejector really needs to go the full length of the bin..

Just now, brickless_kiwi said:

Possibly a bit late in the design but your Compactor / ejector really needs to go the full length of the bin..

Fully agree, but I could not find a way yet and settled with a solution at 80%. I plan to have a look at it again but 30 studs linear movement from approximately 5 stud pneumatic stroke is not easy. With very limited space behind it.

I welcome ideas though. 

53 minutes ago, Minique85 said:

Fully agree, but I could not find a way yet and settled with a solution at 80%. I plan to have a look at it again but 30 studs linear movement from approximately 5 stud pneumatic stroke is not easy. With very limited space behind it.

I welcome ideas though. 

I just googled a bin lift truck and threw it into Sariels Scaler so a length of 40 studs for the bin is about right, if you Google Lego scissor lifts these guys are certainly getting

the movement you need https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u84O-62PWoc its a well executed design...

Both garbage trucks I made used a scissors system which worked great. See what you can do to add it in to your truck.