Sign in to follow this  
Bob

Secret Enemies - Day Eight

Also GuvBob, are we playing with the veto power?

Veto Power: After five family scum policies have been enacted, the Executive branch gains much broader power over which policies are enacted. The mayor draws three policies, discards one, and passes the remaining two to the TCC as usual. Then the TCC may, instead of enacting either policy, say “I wish to veto this agenda.” If the mayor consents, both policies are discarded

If the mayor does not consent, the TCC must enact one of the two policies handed to him.

You are allowed to post PMs from other players. Keep in mind, however, that unless you're scum you are not allowed to PM other players.

You are not allowed to post PMs from me.

There are no penalties given for this game since it is a learning experience, unless it's something egregious.

Ralph did indeed investigate Joshua. This should have been said in thread (as I've said before, all actions must take place publicly and not privately to me alone.)

Ah drat. There's no message. I made it up. And I would have gotten away with it, too, if it weren't for you meddling townies...

It's okay though, we live in a town where maximum penalty is being sent to exile. It was nice known y'all, but you are terrible neighbours.

Ah drat. There's no message. I made it up. And I would have gotten away with it, too, if it weren't for you meddling townies...

It's okay though, we live in a town where maximum penalty is being sent to exile. It was nice known y'all, but you are terrible neighbours.

Thanks for confirming yourself as scum. Ralph, you're town, sorry for doubting you.

Now the big question: do I kill Joshua, the known scum, or take a shot at the Godfather? Since scum only need one more policy passed to win, it might be better trying to shoot the possible Godfather....

In terms of kill options, I'm not killing Scott, as he's AFK and it wouldn't tell us anything. I'm also not killing Ralph, and Joshua is not the Godfather. So the possible Godfather kill choices are Erik, Patricia, Edward, Michael, Lindsey and Christina.

Edward's points about Joshua's lie that Ralph "investigated" Lindsey as town are certainly compelling, and I'm not willing to trust Lindsey again after the scum policy and her kill choices. First she wanted to kill Ralph, a proven townie. Then she wanted to kill Scott, and finally she complied with killing Anne, another townie. I'm guessing that if she's scum then Scott is probably town too.

I'm going to reread some of the earlier days to see who backed who etc., and then come back to make my decision. It could cost us the game, so I'm gonna be very careful here.

I know I'm town, so I shouldn't be killed. I agree that lindsey has been very questionable the last few days, so that seems like the best kill chance right now.

I definitely don't think we should kill Joshua, by confirming himself as scum he's trying to take the attention away from the GF, to himself.

And he wouldn't really tell us anything useful other than what he's told us.

I know I'm town, so I shouldn't be killed. I agree that lindsey has been very questionable the last few days, so that seems like the best kill chance right now.

I'm not so sure, Lindsey has been acting scummy lately, no doubt about it. But the GF would want to keep a very low profile. On the hand though, Lindsey did give a good impression at first, yet under pressure she cracked a bit. Maybe Scott was scum and she suggested killing him to make herself seem town? Seeing as Scott wad already very inactive I don't think him being bussed by his teamates would affect him greatly.

I definitely don't think we should kill Joshua, by confirming himself as scum he's trying to take the attention away from the GF, to himself.

And he wouldn't really tell us anything useful other than what he's told us.

Yep, now that we know joshua is scum he's as good as dead. We can use our vote to keep him out of power and his opinion won't count for much :laugh: Plus, he can't be the GF right? Since he was just the TCC, if he was the GF the game would be over.

Plus, he can't be the GF right? Since he was just the TCC, if he was the GF the game would be over.

This. Joshua isn't the GF. We have 10 players remaining. You can take a shot and we should still have a majority of townies voting.

Erik... every one of us can say "I know I'm town so don't kill me." Not terribly helpful.

My guess is that the GF has been playing middle of the road, relatively quiet and as townie as possible when commenting. They're not going to stick out. I'm pretty WIFOM on who it could be.

...Let's get that beer. It's on me.

Erik... every one of us can say "I know I'm town so don't kill me." Not terribly helpful.

My guess is that the GF has been playing middle of the road, relatively quiet and as townie as possible when commenting. They're not going to stick out. I'm pretty WIFOM on who it could be.

Yeah, it's not very helpful, but this isn't a mafia game so we have almost nothing to go on. There are four in that group I think are potential targets, since edward seems fairly trustworthy now, and I'm not going to campaign for my on death. That leaves: Michael, Lindsey, Patricia, and Christina. Patricia and Lindsey being most suspect. (Lindsey for recent behavior, patricia because the only townie policy she passed was with no choice)

Thanks for confirming yourself as scum. Ralph, you're town, sorry for doubting you.

(snip)

So I've been assuming too that Ralph is town. As scum his and Joshua's interaction makes no sense. However, at least theoretically, Ralph could still be the GF. This is unlikely but possible. Joshua knew he'd be called out for his passing the Mafia policy, therefore, he saw a WIFOM opportunity. He could attack Ralph knowing that later he could clear Ralph by fessing up that he (Joshua) was scum. Then Ralph would be a trusted town player. I find it unlikely, but I'm not ready to put Ralph into the TCC either.

I'm really not sure who to kill, guys. Right now I kind of want to kill Erik based on a strong gut feeling that he's scum... but then again, Christina, Edward, Lindsey, Patricia and Michael are all viable options as well.

So I've been assuming too that Ralph is town. As scum his and Joshua's interaction makes no sense. However, at least theoretically, Ralph could still be the GF. This is unlikely but possible. Joshua knew he'd be called out for his passing the Mafia policy, therefore, he saw a WIFOM opportunity. He could attack Ralph knowing that later he could clear Ralph by fessing up that he (Joshua) was scum. Then Ralph would be a trusted town player. I find it unlikely, but I'm not ready to put Ralph into the TCC either.

Nope. The scum know who the GF is but the GF doesn't know who the scum are to start with. So, if Ralph was the GF, when he investigated Joshua at the start (which we know he certainly did), he would have announced him as town. Ralph is cleared if Joshua is scum.

Suggesting otherwise is just peeing in the pool.

Also GuvBob, are we playing with the veto power?

I totally forgot about that until you just reminded me, so it's a bit too late to include it. Next game I'll remember it.

I totally forgot about that until you just reminded me, so it's a bit too late to include it. Next game I'll remember it.

So, Even with townie mayor and TCC we are at the mercy of a bad draw.

Okay. I'm going to go with my gut and take a shot at the Godfather. Kill: Erik (Umbra-Manis)

If anyone has any other suggestions for who I should kill, I'd happily oblige them.

Well, since it looks like I'm going to die, I'll restate the cards I was given:

First Time:

TOWN (Played)

MAFIA

Second Time:

MAFIA

MAFIA (Played, no choice)

Beat the scum for me after my flip will you? :classic:

Nope. The scum know who the GF is but the GF doesn't know who the scum are to start with. So, if Ralph was the GF, when he investigated Joshua at the start (which we know he certainly did), he would have announced him as town. Ralph is cleared if Joshua is scum.

Suggesting otherwise is just peeing in the pool.

Yep, makes complete sense. I didn't consider the investigation. So I'd say Ralph is my vote for the next TCC.

Okay. I'm going to go with my gut and take a shot at the Godfather. Kill: Erik (Umbra-Manis)

If anyone has any other suggestions for who I should kill, I'd happily oblige them.

With a pop, Erik has disappeared!

He was a member of the town. You may now discuss this while you wait for Day Nine to go up tomorrow.

Sucks about Erik. Even if he'd been a regular scum that would've been at least a tolerable kill. I agree with others that Ralph is probably town. He wouldn't have revealed Joshua as scum if he were on the same team.

Robert is also clearly town since Joshua would've had no need to justify picking a mafia policy over a town one. If they were both scum, then they'd have just lied about what they saw. So we've got two days where we can avoid having the GF elected TCC by picking Ralph and then Robert.

Here's the card situation:

Day 6: 3 scum cards, 1 from the reshuffled deck. 11 start - 3 chosen - 1 from the reshuffle = 7 remaining

0 town cards 6 start - 3 chosen = 3 remaining

Day 7: Lindsey/Erik - 3 scum cards (at most 1 town) -> 4 scum/3 town or 5 scum/2 town

We know Erik was telling the truth about getting 2 scum cards.

Day 8: Robert/Joshua - 2 scum/1 town -> 2 scum/2 town or 3 scum/1 town

There are 4 cards left in the deck, which means we're almost guaranteed to get 1 town card tomorrow. If we get 2, then we know for a fact that the last card is a scum card and we need to take a chance on the reshuffle.

No objection, I think you made a good choice. Go ahead :tongue:

Well, the good news is you guys still have Anne as a confirmed townie. Oh, wait, she's dead :sadnew: Poor her.

Does anyone remember the time when two people killed a policeman in this town? This town really has an eventful past, doesn't it?

Beat the scum for me after my flip will you? :classic:

I will. I promise your death won't be in vain :cry_happy:

I lied :devil:

Sorry if I'm unsportsmanlike, there's just nothing else I can do at this point.

Sorry if I'm unsportsmanlike, there's just nothing else I can do at this point.

You could tell us who the godfather is.

On second thoughts, don't we wouldn't believe you anyway.

We can't let the mafia pass another policy and we can't have the GF as TCC, best thing tomorrow would be to put Actor as TCC, I think it's the only way the town can have a chance of winning.

We can't let the mafia pass another policy and we can't have the GF as TCC, best thing tomorrow would be to put Actor as TCC, I think it's the only way the town can have a chance of winning.

We have to have a townie mayor and TCC if we want to prevent a mafia policy being passed. I would support us using our No votes to force a mayor we want. Myself or Ralph would be ideal, then we can make the other one TCC.

It cant be you because you were mayor today, so ideally we would want a town mayor and Ralph as TCC. The reason why I want Ralph as TC is he's a confirmed townie and we cant afford the GF getting TCC.

It cant be you because you were mayor today, so ideally we would want a town mayor and Ralph as TCC. The reason why I want Ralph as TC is he's a confirmed townie and we cant afford the GF getting TCC.

It actually can be me. If we vote No on the current mayor then theoretically I could get selected as the next mayor.