Sign in to follow this  
Bob

Secret Enemies - Day Eight

This government has passed! Please standby to receive your cards.

We should have a beer sometime.

Counter offer: You get a beer, and purchase me a jug of water. Ishmael is running a little low.

To be fair, I'm not sure why everyone is against me. All I want is for Ishmael to be happy. I'm not a scummy guy, but you all treat me like I am one. Ralph is a good man. Anne was a good woman.

Anne and I have a lot in common...We both offered to die, we both own fish, we both love the ocean, we're both Town, we both donate to NPR on a yearly basis, and we were both pulled under by the intolerable and unable to be tolerated treachery of Joshua.

A Mafia policy has been passed!

The Mafia only need one more policy passed to win the game! (The town needs two)

The mayor may now pick one player to kill.

So, I received one town and one scum from Robert. It's more likely that the third card was a scum card, so he is legitimate. We should trust him.

Now, here's the thing: I discarded the town policy and enacted the scum one.

Well, sorry about that, but something came up: someone contacted me claiming to be the godfather. By that time, the government was passed already. I could not discuss it in thread anymore. We have a mayor I trust, so this is the chance to win the game. I would rather not risk the scum getting their hands on the kill ability instead, and potentially turn the game around. That's why I passed the scum policy.

Counter offer: You get a beer, and purchase me a jug of water. Ishmael is running a little low.

To be fair, I'm not sure why everyone is against me. All I want is for Ishmael to be happy. I'm not a scummy guy, but you all treat me like I am one. Ralph is a good man. Anne was a good woman.

Anne and I have a lot in common...We both offered to die, we both own fish, we both love the ocean, we're both Town, we both donate to NPR on a yearly basis, and we were both pulled under by the intolerable and unable to be tolerated treachery of Joshua.

No idea why everyone hates you. Maybe it's because you told everyone I am scum? Or the fact that you did nothing to help us? Oh, it may be the fact that you told me you are the godfather.

As to why Ralph thought I was scum, I am stumped. So, apparently this is the deal: He said he investigated Lindsey and found her to be town. Due to pressure in the thread he claimed to have investigated me instead, and pretended I am scum to see how I react. And for some reason my reaction made him think I am scum, so he claimed to me. I won't pretend I understand it. But it happened. We townies pretty much won this game.

Now all we need is for Robert to kill Ralph.

So, I received one town and one scum from Robert. It's more likely that the third card was a scum card, so he is legitimate. We should trust him.

Well, sorry about that, but something came up: someone contacted me claiming to be the godfather. By that time, the government was passed already. I could not discuss it in thread anymore. We have a mayor I trust, so this is the chance to win the game. I would rather not risk the scum getting their hands on the kill ability instead, and potentially turn the game around. That's why I passed the scum policy.

No idea why everyone hates you. Maybe it's because you told everyone I am scum? Or the fact that you did nothing to help us? Oh, it may be the fact that you told me you are the godfather.

As to why Ralph thought I was scum, I am stumped. So, apparently this is the deal: He said he investigated Lindsey and found her to be town. Due to pressure in the thread he claimed to have investigated me instead, and pretended I am scum to see how I react. And for some reason my reaction made him think I am scum, so he claimed to me. I won't pretend I understand it. But it happened. We townies pretty much won this game.

Huh.

Pardon me for not being thrilled that you passed a scum policy on the hope that you found the godfather.

I don't buy that, you're saying that you passed a mafia policy to stop the kill from going to the scum? I get what you're saying but surely a kill wouldn't be the scums' main priority, I would think they would be more interested in getting the GF as TCC.

...What?

I know you're scum because that's exactly what Bob told me!

I don't buy that, you're saying that you passed a mafia policy to stop the kill from going to the scum? I get what you're saying but surely a kill wouldn't be the scums' main priority, I would think they would be more interested in getting the GF as TCC.

Think about it. We have one kill left. If the scum gets hold of it, we have no more chance to kill the godfather. Our only winning plan then is to pass two out of the town policies left in the deck. It's better to get the guaranteed victory now than to take any chances.

You know I'm town. I investigated Anne as town and you know I was truthful. So you should know I am not lying about Ralph claiming to be the godfather.

...What?

I know you're scum because that's exactly what Bob told me!

So you deny it? Well, of course you do, I expected that. But seriously, why would I lie about it?

I can affirm that I indeed received two mafia policies and one town one, and discarded a mafia one. Joshua, you may have just lost us the game. We had a great chance at winning there - an all-townie government - and you let it slide because you believed Ralph's lies.....

Okay. We're going to play this like a lynching. Could everyone please say whether they would like me to kill Ralph (bearing in mind that he could just be lying to save the real Godfather from being killed) or someone else, and if so, who?

Also, Bob, could you please clarify if we're allowed to post PMs in the thread?

Kill Joshua.

Kill Joshua.

Kill Joshua.

I know he ain't the Godfather, but he's sure as blocks scum.

Joshua, your play should have been to pass the town policy and pass this info on. With so few town policies in the deck we must pass each one we get our hands on.

On the chance that Bob hasn't decided this, I'd say yes.

This isn't Mafia, there is no night phase. The original is played openly. (Almost) All communication is available to (almost) everyone. There shouldn't be any secret communication at all, that just makes the scum team too coordinated and powerful.

Okay then, Joshua could you either post the PM you received from Ralph publicly, or else send it to me privately to confirm that you are telling the truth.

You are allowed to post PMs from other players. Keep in mind, however, that unless you're scum you are not allowed to PM other players.

You are not allowed to post PMs from me.

Think about it. We have one kill left. If the scum gets hold of it, we have no more chance to kill the godfather. Our only winning plan then is to pass two out of the town policies left in the deck. It's better to get the guaranteed victory now than to take any chances.

As you state right here, we have multiple paths to victory. Kill the GF and pass two town policies are multiple paths. You have simultaneously prevented the latter while advancing the scum's agenda.

You know I'm town. I investigated Anne as town and you know I was truthful. So you should know I am not lying about Ralph claiming to be the godfather.

Being truthful about Anne doesn't make you town.

So you deny it? Well, of course you do, I expected that. But seriously, why would I lie about it?

For all sorts of scummy reasons...

You are allowed to post PMs from other players. Keep in mind, however, that unless you're scum you are not allowed to PM other players.

You are not allowed to post PMs from me.

Given that Ralph PMed Joshua and Bob did not intact any penalty for the move, I think we've just confirmed Ralph is scum.

Given that Ralph PMed Joshua and Bob did not intact any penalty for the move, I think we've just confirmed Ralph is scum.

Unless Ralph didn't PM Joshua. And Joshua simply lying.

Hence Ralph is not penalised for something he didn't do.

Thank you.

GuvBob.

Can we confirm Ralph did investigate Joshua please. That is (or should be) public information even if the result isn't.

True, so we only wait for the PM. Joshua, ball's in your court...

There are no penalties given for this game since it is a learning experience, unless it's something egregious.

GuvBob.

Can we confirm Ralph did investigate Joshua please. That is (or should be) public information even if the result isn't.

Ralph did indeed investigate Joshua. This should have been said in thread (as I've said before, all actions must take place publicly and not privately to me alone.)

If Ralph was the GF. And Joshua scum, Ralph would have already claimed. And would have announced Joshua town in thread.

Therefore Ralph is not the Godfather.

He might still be scum and lying about his and Joshua's alignments. But if Ralph did indeed claim GF by PM Joshua should have have known it was a lie.

Either way, Joshua had no good reason not to play the town policy, not even to protect the kill from falling into the 'wrong' hands.

If the next thing we see from Joshua is anything but the alleged PM from Ralph, then Joshua is scum and Ralph is telling the truth about his investigation.

The list. Again.

Ralph - not the GF. See above

Joshua - not the GF (TCC after 4 ScumPol)

Scott - maybe. But absent. We'll never vote him TCC.

Eric - twice made TCC. Passed one of each. Third time the charm? GF in waiting?

Patricia - twice made TCC. Passed one of each. Third time the charm? GF in waiting?

Michael - has defended Joshua quite a bit. Possible scum teammate? If so, not GF.

Christina - Mayor at the turn, so the only one to know for certain what's in the second deck. A bold position for the GF to be in, again, gut says no.

Robert - Picked by a possibly scum mayor to take the fall for a ScumPol or a picked to be cleared by passing a TownPol and hit bad luck? If Joshua is scum, he might have been bold enough to signal to the GF like that. But Robert has been active and helpful. My bet is not GF.

Lindsey - passed a town and fed s scum policy. Why would Joshua (or Ralph) try to clear her? Seems to be solidifying as scum or possibly GF?

Joshua claimed that I sent him an email, and that I actually investigated Lindsey. Bob just confirmed that I investigated Joshua, just like I said.

Thus, Joshua lied about me sending him an email.

I have been saying that he is A Scum since Day 4, and he has just proven it to the masses!

Back to feeding Ishmael...