jan_12

My new MOC Tramways, page 2.

Hello, I've been watching this forum for quite a long time and after the ZET Končar 2200 tram was introduced, I decided to show you some of my own trams too that I've made quite a while ago! :classic:

Since I live in Croatia, I will start with two trams from the capital Zagreb, both of them owned by ZET (Zagrebački Električni Tramvaj - Zagreb Electric Tram):

The first is called M-24 because it was constructed by engineer Mandl and it was built in 1924. It was one of the first tramway's to be built in Croatia. Now for the pictures:

oPEjMKG.jpg?1

MkrJFDD.jpg?1

The trailer is motorized with power functions, but the power functions do take a lot of space in it

1QOjiJQ.jpg?1

And one picture of the original

cM0p1iN.jpg?3

The next tram is a little bit more sophisticated in appearance and the technology used, being built in 1951, it had much more advantages than the M-24, it's the TMK 101, also built by ing. Mandl, over the years it became a symbol of Zagreb and there were more than 70 of them built

BYd5lNx.jpg?1

98jE5HX.jpg?1

27NggPd.jpg?1

mHMv4zo.jpg?1

This is one of my best achievements I've accomplished so far :classic: , you may be familiar with the town of Dubrovnik in the south of Croatia, but many don't know it had a tram, and it was built in the Fr. Križik factory in the Czech republic, the same place were many Prague trams originated from:

QDDV2GK.jpg?1

l3wbj3o.jpg?1

UV6F3DB.jpg?1

The only thing that is non-LEGO in this MOC are stickers, but that's it :blush:

Qbds7Gx.jpg?1

JFPZB3q.jpg?1

(I apologize for the quality of the pictures, I can't do much more with a mobile phone camera :sceptic: )

Edited by jan_12

Thank you for your comment. :blush: And now that I finished the Croatian part, I will present to you trams from Vienna, Prague and Lisbon

I would like to start with the Vienna trams, I've made three of them, one is finished, and the other two are WIP (still :sceptic: ), the first one is an old ''Bim'', it has been presented in a set by Robert Staringer and it is very nice, but here is my version:

fwLazuc.jpg?1

W30wRfU.jpg?1

9TgFDl1.jpg?1

ZeeDsI0.jpg?1

WT5EKgU.jpg?1

Then there is the E1 tram, WIP, it's missing a section of roof, it is very similar with the tram of Robert Staringer, but it has some differences like the light-bluish gray roof, standard train wheels and some other litlle details:

ylrnlD4.jpg?1

UWkboFj.jpg?1

PJismF8.jpg?1

Zvp9sNt.jpg?1

Evq7LNQ.jpg?1

Finally, another WIP is a 244 tram, one can also be seen in Graz (it still needs a LOT of parts to be completed :laugh: )

TFjWp6z.jpg?1

zCIlVNw.jpg?1

Now I go a little to the north to Prague, this tram was built in the Fr. Križik factory along with the Dubrovnik tram I mentioned earlier, they are very similar, but the one in Prague is longer:

tZTZAoZ.jpg?1

KG3dkQq.jpg?1

o6Vbxez.jpg?1

fiUaJ47.jpg?1

In the end, here is my version of the Lisbon tram:

K3HNwmr.jpg?1

uPSQIqr.jpg?1

sfc28uO.jpg?1

srCGUZm.jpg?1

Edited by jan_12

Just beautiful!! You've got a good eye for detail and some great building skills too. It's so nice to see these wonderful, historic little trams rendered in brick. I get the impression that you've still more to show from some of Europe's other great cities.

Thank you very much :blush: , I'm so pleased you like them and yes, I do have a lot of plans in LDD to build trams from Rio, the famous Bonde, from Budapest, Zurich, Ljubljana, Zagreb, Sarajevo and some from Croatia that unfortunately no longer exist like the Pula, Opatija and Rijeka trams, one day they will be built :wink: , it's all a matter of time!

Have you considered yet lending some models to local transportation museums? They could be a real attraction for kids (but not only! :classic:).

I love the designs on all your models, especially the attention to detail on the windows and body shaping. It's refreshing to see something like this here, we usually get mostly steam, diesel, and modern light rail posted in Train Tech. Have you thought about doing a historically themed layout, or display for some of your trams?

Thank you for your comments, I really appreciate it! :classic: I was planning on doing something similar, a little diorama, I tried to build a few of them, but it would always end up in pieces because I didn't feel the theme matched the trams...But there's always a possibility for another one!

Edited by jan_12

Here's a few pictures of the Dubrovnik tram, I made a modification to it by adding lights with LED strips, I hope you like it :wink: :

qKjkGnN.jpg?1

R4FfMI8.jpg?1

Xm3j9YH.jpg?1

That's a great collection of trams you've got there!

I think my favourite is the TMK 101. The shape, the colours, it just all works really well together there.

I have finally finished the E1 Vienna tram and the 244 heritage tram is almost finished as well :sweet: :

hynqDaO.jpg?1

r88is5o.jpg?1

vn9Mv83.jpg?1

Unfortunately, the E1 trams are slowly retiring from service :sad:, so I made a litlle reminder of them in Lego

eqBEflc.jpg?1

uE9f7Ks.jpg?1

xjYwYYn.jpg?1

And all of them together, until I build a bigger tram depot...

aSIB0Ig.jpg?1

EJaGF9p.jpg?1

hhbUk69.jpg?1

Edited by jan_12

Wow, I really love the collection of trams you've built yourself together!

One can really feel the work that has gone into the TMK 101, it's a top notch build!

However, living in Vienna, I still like the Viennese trams the most :laugh:

The first one of the Viennese trams is called "M" and the 244 one is called "D" (244 is just a number, all the type D trams have different ID-numbers)

I really like your designs, they are quite detailed and instantly recognizable!

I myself tried my hands on 2 Viennese Trams, I hope you don't mind if I post them here

wt_-_typ_k_-_small.jpgwt_-_typ_f_-_small.png

Are you planning to build more trams? Because I'm hoping to see more from you soon :wink:

P.S.: If you need any info on the trams in Vienna you can drop me a message (I also have the E1 as an LDD file from pics I made of the real model).

Seems as if the EM1-model (fabricated by Lohner?) was also driving around in Innsbruck (my former home town), only the colour scheme was a little different. Nice job on these trams :thumbup:

1024px-Innsbruck_tram_77.jpg

Edited by Capparezza