josszo

[TC10] Ikarus 280 Non-Articulated Bus

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

White doors, and wheels are visually perfect :)

800x600.jpg

Edited by josszo

The roof with the pneumatic switches.

Rear: control switches for the doors, and the kneeling system.

It has master switch for the 3 door, and the two side of kneeling system.

Front: funktion switches to the two master switch. They disable the single switches

It is a big logic air circuit, and needed a lot of tubes, but it works finally. I'm happy of the result, and not impossible to do it with single parts.

800x1067.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

Edited by josszo

Under the roof all the pneumatic switches:

800x600.jpg

And the tubes:

800x600.jpg

Endless, from outside is hidden everything:

800x1067.jpg

Controls under the removable units:

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

I need some detail rework, but after I can do the last pictures.

Edited by josszo

Thank you guys. Hard work, I will upload more pictures from front, and behind too soon as possible.

I never thought, that I will look at a bus with interest (neither technically, nor for pleasuring my eyes), but it seems You achieved to change my mind. :classic: I am really looking forward how the functions work, and what is the engineering behind. :thumbup: I only see a lot of switches now... 

Amazing Build ! I also like the colour sheme.

I wish i had all those pneumatics :pir-hmpf_bad:

Good Luck for TC10. :thumbup:

Hello Everybody.

It came the day, I has finished the model.

I'm waiting for some white hubcaps, but everything is ready now. Sorry, but the bus hasn't any interior yet, it is no interesting challange for me now. Later, when I have more free time, maybe I build it.

This bus is a "concept" bus for me, it is only a test before I build it a bigger, more complex articulated version. I'm happy, because the shape is good, the color is well, the outfit is eye-catching, and has hidden control panels. In the first attempts I built it with yellow doors, and wheels. All the bus was only with yellow color, it was boring, so I changed it.

I needed to use half stud align after and before the first wheels, between the mudguards and the chassis. I loaded this gap with half width beams, so there are no gaps anymore. I'm proud for this.
A hid lot of gaps of the technic beams using tiles on it. It is more realistic, and less holey the bus :)

The functions are good, but after I need to develop a stronger automatic compressor. Not bad, and it works now, but could be better.

The hidden control panels are my own idea, I never seen it before anywhere. If you don't play with it, you can exhibit it in a cabinet. I'm proud for this too.

The licence plate number, and the route number is from Hungary. They looking great, I think.

I used 4 airtank, 6 normal pneumatic cylinder, 3 new long cylinder, 4 old compressor, 2 M motor, 1 battery box, 2 PF cable, 2 electric pole reverser, 15 pneumatic switch, lot of bricks, pins, and tons of tubes :)

The model is about 4 Kg, and it is one of my biggest built.

I hope, you will like the model, and the video, that will make soon.

Thank you the lot of encouragements and praises in this topic.

Thanks you, and if you like it, please vote it in the competition.

1280x960.jpg

1280x960.jpg

1280x960.jpg

1280x960.jpg

The size does matter :D

70cm long:

1280x960.jpg

1280x960.jpg

It looks awesome. Can't wait for the video to see all these switches in action.

New very expensive hubcaps on front wheels in white color:

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

Edited by josszo

congratulations on finishing this build. Been following this and waiting for its completion. solutions are spot on for the problems posed. I think this will do really well in the competition.

This is so cool! You must be having a thorough understanding of pneumatics and even better, you have the skill to implement your ideas perfectly. A big compliment and good luck in the competition!