josszo

[TC10] Ikarus 280 Non-Articulated Bus

I have an old idea, to make a full pneumatic bus. All function is operated with pneumatic.

Functions:

Pneumatic suspension

Pneumatic kneeling function

Pneumatic opened doors

Motorized compressor with pressure switch to suspension air circuit

Motorized compressor with pressure switch to the doors

HOG steering

1280x960.jpg

600_70.jpg

7936034.jpg

I will choose an old styled yellow model with new doors.

130916-polgar_2.jpg

Edited by josszo

• A discussion topic needs to show some actual progress (i.e. pictures of the build in progress) and should NOT be used to "reserve an idea".

Could anyboby help me, how upload more pictures?

I make pictures of course.

Edited by josszo

Could anyboby help me, how upload more pictures?

I make pictures of course.

Hello, josszo, and welcome to EB. Hope you will have fun in this contest!

Regarding your question, did you try to check the links that members posted? Everything you need is there.

In short, best idea is to use Flickr, Brickshelf or Bricksafe for uploading pictures, and then linking them here.

How about an automatically levelling bus? As load increases, the suspension stiffens and the floor stays in a specific level regardless of the load (the suspension still works of course, since the system is not quick enough to handle bumps).

Interesting idea, but it's a little bit difficult. Pneumatic not so precise to stay in a specific level, I think.The pressure switch has the same problem. It has big difference between the work/not working mode. Pneumatic cylinders have big latency in this construction. And you need install an unload valve too :)

Maybe in the next bus, but not now.

Earlier link is helpful, thanks.

The shape will little bit similar, but better outfit.

Interesting pneumatic schematic for the doors.

My idea had something similar, but I could not figure out how to have a master valve control the three functions without the three individual functions influencing other individual functions at the same time. For instance: what is keeping "Door 1" movement from influencing "Door 2" when the pneumatic hoses are all connected? If "all doors" valve is closed and "door 1" valve is open, won't surplus air route from door 1 pneumatic back out the green line to doors 2 and 3?

The master valve will work only when switch 1-2-3 are in closed position. And it is true reverse too. Switch 1-2-3 are working with closed master valve.

Thanks for your response. Questions still remain for me, see below:

29059503386_eb969b74fb_z.jpg

Since each pneumatic cylinder has the option to receive air from two valves (all, individual), the hoses from "door all" needs to be locked out between others cylinders.

In the example above, when "door all" valve is closed, and and "door 1" valve is open to "Up," if I understand the routing of "door all" hoses, what keeps air from flowing from "door 1" "Up" hose, back to "door 2" "Up" hose (see green) even though "Door All" is closed. For each pneumatic cylinder you have a T connector to each valve and one cylinder input for air to come from both valve sources (all, individual). Do I correctly understand where the T connectors are?

Why is it so important to add a master valve for the doors?

I remember riding these old Icarus buses and the bus driver had to open/close the doors individually, I don't recall a master switch.

I'm afraid, you're right. It was a good idea, but I have not tried it yet.

I will try to create a solution, but don't know, it is possible with lego parts.

Thanks your help.

Master valve isn't important in this bus, but later, I will make an articulated version. In the real life, the articulated bus has this master valve for 4 doors.

Chassis without wheels:

image too big

The motorized pneumatic compressor opposite the 3rd door, below the line of chassis. The motor use 2 pumps to make a compressed air, and the pump output is connected to a switch via pneumatic cylinder.

This will switch off the pumps, when the cylinders have been filled up with compressed air.

image too big

Edited by Jim
Images too big

Hello, josszo, and welcome to EB.

It seems he's been around for a while :laugh:

(I sometimes make the same mistake)

Josszo, please embed smaller images. The maximum size is 1024 wide, commonly used is 800 wide. So either upload smaller images to Brickshelf, or (better) use Bricksafe where you can upload the big version and link to a smaller version.

Ok, I will try bricksafe.

Thanks

Have you tried this already? Your images are still way too big.

Sorry, I try to link pictures in the right sizes via bricksafe.

I hope, it will be good:

800x600.jpg800x600.jpg800x600.jpg800x600.jpg800x600.jpg800x600.jpg800x600.jpg

I have an idea to the master switch.

I need to brake the air circuit between the pneumatic cylinders.

It is difficult, and need 2 other switch per doors...

But can it work.

800x432.jpg