So you made another topic... ?! Well, this is more provokative than funny or cool in case you thought it could be :/ Congratulations on loosing the chance to make good impression with your creation ;)

should I have posted the whole thing here? I kind of thought it made more sense to make it it's own topic, so I wouldn't have to rename this one. Sorry about that, if that's not how things usually work, I don't really do this often, so I'm not super sure how to go about it...

well for me, it's a show model, as I don't often add bodywork to my models. maybe not to you, but for me I wasn't super satisfied with performance as I was with looks.

thanks guys, I'll look into some of those sites!

So you made another topic... ?! Well, this is more provokative than funny or cool in case you thought it could be :/ Congratulations on loosing the chance to make good impression with your creation ;)

Come on, give MRP_ a chance! Like Jim said he has no bad intentions and has probably learned from his mistake. If this were my thread I would also like to forget about it and start with a clean slate.

My suggestion: Let's all be quiet on this thread now, so it will move down the timeline.

Sssssshhh.....

Edited by Didumos69

well for me, it's a show model, as I don't often add bodywork to my models. maybe not to you, but for me I wasn't super satisfied with performance as I was with looks.

thanks guys, I'll look into some of those sites!

Those two XL motors are capable of making the heavy 41999 go pretty fast, I did this once but never again as the sheer torque bends and grinds axles as the XL's fight the weight of the moc, to get away with doing this you would have to gradually start and gradually stop.

Edited by JM1971

Model seems to be a bit slow. I wonder what gear ratio do you use with those XL motors?

How heavy your model is?

the motors have no gearing, when I tried to add gearing, they kept skipping. I'm currently away from home, so I can't weigh it right now. I'll let you know when I get back.

Those two XL motors are capable of making the heavy 41999 go pretty fast, I did this once but never again as the sheer torque bends and grinds axles as the XL's fight the weight of the moc, to get away with doing this you would have to gradually start and gradually stop.

the rear axle does twist quite noticeably when starting to drive, but I haven't had any real issues with it so far.

I like the bodywork a lot, the orange and purple look great!

Thanks! at first I was kind of nervous it wouldn't look good, as I didn't really have any choices about colors due to my lack of pieces, but in the end I guess it worked out!

the motors have no gearing, when I tried to add gearing, they kept skipping.
Since you are using portal hubs at the back it is already well braced so with correct gears it shouldn't skip gears. What if you try 8 and 20 teeth gear combo?

Since you are using portal hubs at the back it is already well braced so with correct gears it shouldn't skip gears. What if you try 8 and 20 teeth gear combo?

maybe, I'll try when I get back, but my main idea was to keep it relatively fast, plus adding gearing to the portal hubs would require me to re-position them, and with the flexibility of the whole real axle, I didn't think it would work. But I'll try just for the heck of it when I get back!