Sign in to follow this  
MassEditor

Andus Tradehouse and Bazaar

Residents of the Kaliphlin city of Petrea know where to go when they want to earn a little coin or find locate that hard-to-find item, The Andus Tradehouse and Bazaar. The bazaar is famous for its wide selection of goods and local cuisine. The tradehouse also serves as the headquarters for several merchant guilds.

For the residents of this great city, the Desert King's reign has brought unprecedented peace and prosperity. Trade with Nocturnus has increased immensely, creating new markets for Kaliphlin goods and bringing in many unusual and interesting goods from the Darklands.

26178661171_3b1973db26_b.jpg

26178661061_70320fbc4d_b.jpg

26178661051_7e7f6033d9_b.jpg

-----------------------------------------

Hey guys, long time no see! You may have seen this on my Flickr page already, and now, finally, here on GoH, where it really belongs! I've been doing a ton of building for Nocturnus this year (which you haven't seen here either... yet) and I needed a break time in the desert.

Thanks for looking!

Edited by MassEditor

Excellent build, MassEditor, and great to see you over here again! Your Kaliphlinian architecture is great as always, and the bustle and activity is very nice as well! :thumbup: A couple of my favorite details are the orange tree (not sure why, but I always love those! :grin::laugh:), the lantern stands, and the fisherman's stall!

Looking forward to seeing what you've been up to all this time!

First pic doesn't work for me, Patrick. And good to see you. I've just been in the process of coming back too!

For someone who is newish to the guild and has never seen your work befor it is an amazing sight. Your architecture is suberb.

It looks absolutely excellent! By the way, the first picture isn't working and according to Flickr, those photos were taken back in 2013!

I love those big palm trees! Good job on those, as well as the building. There are so many great little details that strike my eye, and the more I look the better it looks. The curved arches over the door look great, and very Kaliphlinian, and the pizza-slice shaped gaps in the balcony railing are simple but look perfect. My favorite part, however, is the ginger woman carefully browsing the axe selection. She seems dangerous...

The only part I do not really like are the small palm trees; they end up looking too stiff and angular with that 1x3 plate at the top, in my opinion. Perhaps a 2x2 round plate with four of the leaf pieces (instead of the 3 you have) would work better to create a softer, more organic look.

Overall, though, this is a splendid work of Lego architecture and an engaging city scene, one that deserves admiration and approval. Well done!

This is Just Too awesome for words :drool: ... SO many details! If I wished To sum up All the ones I liked, we'd still Be busy tomorrow evening, tough One detail struck Me as particularly good: The use of the CMF Indian baby in the second image. It shows us you're NOT only a talentfull builder, but also minifig-designer :thumbup:

First pic doesn't work for me either, but no matter I've seen it on flickr. I am impressed with all of the details, the stalls, the hustle and bustle, and the architecture (pillars, windows, etc.). How did you do the palm trees?

This is awesome. I love almost everything in the build. Man, if you presented this back in July, I probably would've joined Kaliphlin.

I remember seeing this a while back on Flickr, but seeing it again reminded me of your skill in building design. Hope your Nocturnus lava MOC is coming along well (the one with the teaser on Flickr) .

Thanks everyone!

First pic doesn't work for me either, but no matter I've seen it on flickr. I am impressed with all of the details, the stalls, the hustle and bustle, and the architecture (pillars, windows, etc.). How did you do the palm trees?

Wish I remembered who came up with this design so I could give them credit! Perhaps Mike S.? I'll get you a pic showing how it's done, basically the key is using flex tubing to clip the palm leaves onto.

I love those big palm trees! Good job on those, as well as the building. There are so many great little details that strike my eye, and the more I look the better it looks. The curved arches over the door look great, and very Kaliphlinian, and the pizza-slice shaped gaps in the balcony railing are simple but look perfect. My favorite part, however, is the ginger woman carefully browsing the axe selection. She seems dangerous...

The only part I do not really like are the small palm trees; they end up looking too stiff and angular with that 1x3 plate at the top, in my opinion. Perhaps a 2x2 round plate with four of the leaf pieces (instead of the 3 you have) would work better to create a softer, more organic look.

Overall, though, this is a splendid work of Lego architecture and an engaging city scene, one that deserves admiration and approval. Well done!

Thanks Henjin! I agree, the 1x3 plate does not look very natural. I will try the 2x2 round plate next time!

It looks absolutely excellent! By the way, the first picture isn't working and according to Flickr, those photos were taken back in 2013!

Hey BC, yeah, not sure why Flickr says that, but I'm too lazy to fix it!

Hey BC, yeah, not sure why Flickr says that, but I'm too lazy to fix it!

. Double check the date and time settings on your camera as I believe Flickr gets the date and time to display from the EXIF data which the camera embeds to images it takes. There are ways to adjust it after the photos have been taken, and some tools such asn Adobe Bridge can do date and time adjustments as a batch.

I'm glad to see this masterpiece finally posted in the guilds! The sprawling layout is quite elegant, and I really like your SNOT columns of 1x2 jumpers :wub:

Great use of arches, round bricks, and gold lattices too :thumbup: And an excellent variety of trees :classic:

I am renovating my house thats why I am not active atm but when I saw your name at the thread I smiled xd.

Lovely stud details on the wall and cool gate! (I can see the 2nd pic only)

Happy to see you again!

How could this build elude me! Amazing work. Packed full with details and lovely characters, beautifully arranged - and I love these arcades! :classic::thumbup:

Awesome build ME! There's a ton of fun details in this build, but what's really impressive is how well it all fits together to create a beautiful scene, the overall view looks like it could have been taken out of a panting!

Excellent work as always! The irony is, while you feel exhausted from building for the Darklands, I as observer am under the impression that you've done only Kaliphlin builds since the great war in the south. But I am not tired of looking at these.

I really enjoy the small details. Like how smooth the door frame looks with those cheese slopes at the corners. And how natural the olive green leaves feel in front of the tan building.

But now please, allow us a glance at your Nocty builds! I get more and more excited to see you return to the East.

Thanks everyone, hopefully the pics are all working now!

I am renovating my house thats why I am not active atm but when I saw your name at the thread I smiled xd.

Lovely stud details on the wall and cool gate! (I can see the 2nd pic only)

Happy to see you again!

Hey buddy! Man, I know how time-consuming house renovations can go - my wife and I bought our first house this year and we are going through the same. You know the ladies, got to have everything perfect!

Hopefully very soon we will see more of your amazing builds!

Excellent work as always! The irony is, while you feel exhausted from building for the Darklands, I as observer am under the impression that you've done only Kaliphlin builds since the great war in the south. But I am not tired of looking at these.

I really enjoy the small details. Like how smooth the door frame looks with those cheese slopes at the corners. And how natural the olive green leaves feel in front of the tan building.

But now please, allow us a glance at your Nocty builds! I get more and more excited to see you return to the East.

Jacob, I knew you would call me out! :laugh:

I know, I know, you are right - I've been a very bad Nocty lately. But I have been building a lot for Nocturnus, I just haven't posted it here yet! I am thinking very soon however! We are going to show everyone why Nocturnus is still the very best guild!!

Gorgeous build, ME! :wub: The palm trees, jumper plates in the walls, gold accents, and market stalls are all excellent.

I think my favorite part, however, is the architecture around the doorway; the SNOT cheese slopes and tiles make fantastic pillars, and I love the double arch :drool: