Dear all,

for the pneumatic contest I'm going to build a simple tracked excavator.

My challenge is to make it compact and with a good exterior design.

I still have no idea what will be the final subject. A Cat 315F CR or a Liebherr R914 Compact, or even a bigger subject (i.e. Cat 335F CR) in a smaller scale.

This morning job was to set up the main boom. :classic:

Functions:

3 regular movements of the arm and bucket + side sliding with a small cilinder

operable front blade (not sure if pneumatic or with gears)

(maybe) openable cab door

Progress photos:

P8180423.jpg

P8180426.jpg

Bye! :sweet:

Edited by mpj

The arm looks very complex, never seen side sliding movements before, will be very interesting to see it :sweet:

Cool,there is not many "knuckle boom" excavator builds.

I like Komatsu so here is one of theirs. :sweet:

Looking at your boom perhaps the section that attaches to the main frame could be reduced width ways a bit?

01_68457__70193.1424796816.1280.1280.jpg?c=2

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

Looking at your boom perhaps the section that attaches to the main frame could be reduced width ways a bit?

Yes maybe I can reduce it, let me check what I can do in the next steps :wink:

Looks promising!

I checked out your website and was blown away by some of your models, especially the CAT 323D.

Thanks! The 323D now has got stickers with Cat logo and model number so it looks more realistic. But maybe in the next months it will be updated to a 323F version :wub:

Hello,

I show you some progress on my excavator. It will be definitely a Liebherr R914 Compact.

I'm working very slowly, around 4-5 hours in the weekends, so I hope to complete it in time for the contest.

Here is the current status:

dsc04249.jpg

I've completed the undercarriage and added a pneumatic blade, moved by 2 small cilinders. I put a small pump to be operated manually. I preferred this solution instead of runnung an hose from the superstructure. In this way the excavator is free to rotate 360°.

dsc04247.jpg

dsc04246.jpg

dsc04248.jpg

The arm is 90% complete, except the "hidraulic" lines. I've used the buckets from the Arocs to create a single large bucket. I had in mind also a quick coupler system to change bucket with other tools, but I think I will add it after compliting the rest of the model (if I will have some time before the deadline! :blush: )

dsc04250.jpg

Finally I'm working on the superstructure to try to reproduce the compact round shape :wacko:

dsc04244.jpg

Any suggestions or comments will be very appreciated :classic:

Hello!

My model is complete, unluckily I had no time to take photos of the progress - I worked on it during the night - very short time for building and bad time for photographs.

This is the first photo. Then I will prepare the video.

pa220453.jpg

I hope you like it! :classic:

Very very nice! I agree with Milan- probably the entry best thus far.

You'd probably want to replace the pins on the armrests with towballs.

hello,

Very nice entry, I really like the cab, it's very smooth and well designed. The crane arm is also nicely done. I personally would have chosen another bucket.

Good work

8 hours ago, Beck said:

Very very nice! I agree with Milan- probably the entry best thus far.

You'd probably want to replace the pins on the armrests with towballs.

Right! I've already done the photo session, but I will replace them for the video. Thanks :wink:

6 hours ago, gvo25 said:

hello,

Very nice entry, I really like the cab, it's very smooth and well designed. The crane arm is also nicely done. I personally would have chosen another bucket.

Good work

Yes other buckets are possible, I tried to give a chance to the buckets of the Arocs .

Here are other photos:

pa220437.jpg

pa220474.jpg

pa220477.jpg

pa220448.jpg

pa220481.jpg

pa220485.jpg

braccio1.jpg

braccio2.jpg

braccio3.jpg

lama1.jpg

lama2.jpg

pa220483.jpg

:classic:

Looks great. I don't really like the bucket either, but that's your choice.

This model shows the big advantages of pneumatic. Full of functions in a small package. And the bucket is agood idea too

Wow, I love the exterior very much! The color scheme is very Liebherr and pleasant to look at. Also, love the compact design!

Nice work! I'm not a big fan of the old style and new style panels together, but it overall looks great. 

Very nice, I like this a lot!  :thumbup: Aside from the bucket maybe, I think it is a bit out of proportion, but that's up to you.

What's the little blue pump doing down there? What are you showing by disconnecting it? Nevermind, it seems I missed a post. :blush:

Edited by Ludo Visser
I see what the pump is for...