Good day!

Just instantly got the idea of making a unimog with pneumatic attachments.

Functions that will be included:

-4x4

-Fake engine with moving pistons

-Pneumatic ports on front and rear

-Mechanical outputs on front and rear

-Attachments using these outputs

-Tiltable cabin

-The PTO's can be engaged to the drive

-Tiltable bed

-HOG

For now the front axle, has steering and drive. Probably will have a pendular suspension on front.

640x334.jpg

640x334.jpg

I made some more progress, in an hour the images will be, right now can't upload them.

LDD file shows the actual progress.

I also made a folder on Bricksafe

Also I used Sariel's scale tool to get exact dimensions of the model based on the wheels

Edited by LXF

Wow, you had a really fast progress! What the colour will be? :dwacko:

I want it to be orange, but I don't have many pieces in orange. Other option is lime, but would need to dismantle the Nitro Menace which has stickered assemblies. That leaves me three options: White, Black and Green

All my previous TC entries were green, so probably will be green. All this can change until the deadline, I plan getting the 9392 which has some orange panels...

PROGRESS:

Done some work on the rear axle , the model doesn't has any diffs. LDD file

here's the blueprint :

640x145.jpg

640x334.jpg640x334.jpg

640x334.jpg

Still have to solve the fake engine, suspension, HOG ,PTO's outputs

Edited by LXF

wow, that's gonna be quite a challenge to fit all that stuff in that small space, excited to see the result!

Will this model just use two pneumatic cylinder (like on 42008) or you buy to get more?

I have to buy 2 switches and one mini cilinder :sceptic:

wow, that's gonna be quite a challenge to fit all that stuff in that small space, excited to see the result!

Getting it solved :sweet: , for me TC = Technic Challenge :grin:

I wish you a lot of luck, even making a large scale unimog with all the functions is yet difficult, at that scale it will be a very big challenge, but it looks good so far, the whole drive train design seems enough robust, i also like how you put those train wheels as rim covers, they look fantastic, i am looking forward for more updates.

Edited by ImanolBB

I wish you a lot of luck, even making a large scale unimog with all the functions is yet difficult, at that scale it will be a very big challenge, but it looks good so far, the whole drive train design seems enough robust, i also like how you put those train wheels as rim covers, they look fantastic, i am looking forward for more updates.

I promise I will try my best :sweet: There is a smaller version by Laix

PROGRESS:

Fake engine installed, it will be a bit inside of the cabin :sceptic:

The shaft on the front is the PTO.I plan using gearbox clutch elements to archieve an optionally engageable PTO to the drive for some attachments

The suspension will be done by 2l rubber pieces

LDD file

640x334.jpg

640x334.jpg

Edited by LXF

PROGRESS:

Finished front suspension ,added connections for front attachments and added hinge points for cabin

LDD file

640x334.jpg

640x334.jpg

Edited by LXF

PROGRESS:

Chassis version 0.4 LDD

Added the engage to the drive for the PTO . Added manual input for PTOs on both sides

640x334.jpg

640x334.jpg

640x334.jpg

UPDATE:

V0.5 LDD file

Routed the drive for the rear PTO

Will need 3 switches and 3 mini cylinders if following the actual plan :ugh:

640x334.jpg

Edited by LXF

I'm so much looking forward to this! This is like the perfect scale for me. Budget and space friendly - both of which I'm lacking of :D This could very well be the first MOC I actually copy :)

That is a lot of progress, it looks very nice.

I just can't stop :laugh:

I'm so much looking forward to this! This is like the perfect scale for me. Budget and space friendly - both of which I'm lacking of :D This could very well be the first MOC I actually copy :)

Thanks, I hope the final model won't dissapoint :classic:

PROGRESS:

Changed the steering, obtaining almost 2 studs of clearance :sweet: Added possible pneumatic PTO on front (the black tube). LDD

640x334.jpg

Edited by LXF

Looking great so far! I like this small scale, it shows, that is possible to make nice models without millions of parts. :wink:

Looking great so far! I like this small scale, it shows, that is possible to make nice models without millions of parts. :wink:

I also like this scale , mostly because of those tires :wub: Edited by LXF

This is near to live streaming, so fast you are with your updates... :laugh: Nice to see how it develops! :thumbup:

:grin: Guess what...

PROGRESS: :laugh:

Installed pneumatic switches , the internal routing will be done with rigid hose LDD

Note: in the LDD I created brick build versions of pneumatic components which are in the groups for their easy localisation

640x334.jpg

640x334.jpg

And...

PROGRESS:

Better routing of pneumatics, installed pump and a pneumatic cylinder for the bed.

LDD

640x334.jpg

640x334.jpg

PROGRESS:

This is the version 0.9 , what means that I will build it today to see how it works. LDD

What's new:

Improved connections here and there; the cylinders for the tilting cabin are placed; I forgot that a pneumatic cylinder needs two tubes, so had to add another connection for it; pneumatic PTO on rear ; connections for the bed

640x334.jpg

640x334.jpg

The next update will contain real photos

Edited by LXF

Nice to see how quickly you progress with such compact build. Looking forward to see it built in bricks.

Nice to see how quickly you progress with such compact build. Looking forward to see it built in bricks.

Actually it is very bad,the complete rear part needs a rebuild, the steering is awful.

Well you are doing an amazing job! :thumbup:

I wish I was able to make projects virtually before than in real. :look:

Edited by mpj

There is no need to be upset, it was completely expected to have some problems with such small model; by the way, i took the model and made some small modifications, i first reinforced the rear suspension, and also i changed the steering system, now it works with a gear rack:

http://bricksafe.com/files/imanol/other-models/LXF%20chassis%20with%20(maybe%20no%20so%20great)%20modifications..lxf

But i am not sure if they will properly work (i am only like 50% sure that it will work), that is the problem with building digital models, not everything works as expected, but so far the model is looking very good.

Well you are doing an amazing job! :thumbup:

I wish I was able to make projects virtually before than in real. :look:

Why you can't ? No PC ?

There is no need to be upset, it was completely expected to have some problems with such small model; by the way, i took the model and made some small modifications, i first reinforced the rear suspension, and also i changed the steering system, now it works with a gear rack:

But i am not sure if they will properly work (i am only like 50% sure that it will work), that is the problem with building digital models, not everything works as expected, but so far the model is looking very good.

Your solutions work great , I added some personal modifications to it will post it later. THe steering problems was also caused by a T-liftarm inside the model(it wasn't properly attached and moved around causing the whole assembly to wiggle) , now ste steering works properly .Thank you a lot! Edited by LXF