Jim

[TC10] Technic Pneumatic Contest - Information Topic

I finally managed to get the page to stay open but, the videos on the first page were wrong. They appeared to be duplicates of those from the second page. I tried refreshing and haven't got the page to reopen again. 

It may be the volume of photos. Though this is the first time I've had this problem with any page, in years of browsing.

Edited by Boulderer

1 hour ago, Boulderer said:

It may be the volume of photos. Though this is the first time I've had this problem with any page, in years of browsing.

Apparently the sheer awesomeness of the entries in this contest has broken the internet.

4 hours ago, Boulderer said:

I'm having problems viewing the entry topic. I keep getting an error part way through the page loading. This repeats until the browser finally gives up. 

Is anyone else having similar issues? 

I have the same problem on my iphone and ipad, but it works ok on my computers. I think the 1st page is too heavy to load

15 hours ago, DTom said:

I have the same problem on my iphone and ipad, but it works ok on my computers. I think the 1st page is too heavy to load

It sounds like that may be the issue. Unfortunately, it means I'll be unable to vote on this contest :thumbdown:

And since the topic is closed, it's not possible for the entrants to take some images out.

Is it allowed to post preliminary results during the voting? I made a simple script so I'm able to see it and I can share there the actual unofficial order.

2 hours ago, RabbiT_CZ said:

Is it allowed to post preliminary results during the voting? I made a simple script so I'm able to see it and I can share there the actual unofficial order.

I think it's a bad idea. It would make people who still have to vote biased towards one entry or another, some would change their votes etc. I think those who can't wait and are counting the points should keep them for themselves. 

3 hours ago, RabbiT_CZ said:

It is not allowed. Last time, someone posted the results earlier, and they were removed.

It looks like I missed a lot of amazing entries , I don't even know enought words to comment on all ! This was an amazing contest and it was very hard to pick the ones to vote.

Good luck to everyone!

Edited by LXF

When will voting be closed?

I'm thinking of letting my partner judge the entries as well, but that will be next Monday (14 november) probably. Did you plan on leaving the vote open up to at least then? If not, no problem, but then I will vote by myself sooner.

I'm leaving for a 9 day holiday the 16th so I'd like wrap things up the 14th.

Tags will be assigned when I return, after the 24th.

Somewhere between the 14th and the 16th :wink: 

Hello Jim,

I have one suggestion about Voting topics in these contest in general. It would be much more convenient if the numbered list of the entries had small thumbnail picture of each given model so it's not necessary to check the rather lengthy entry topic every time I want to inspect the model. Or perhaps it would be equally helpful to hyperlink the items from the list to the regarding post in the entry topic.

I think both these improvemetns might even help getting more people to vote.

On 11-11-2016 at 1:08 PM, krisandkris12 said:

Hello Jim,

I have one suggestion about Voting topics in these contest in general. It would be much more convenient if the numbered list of the entries had small thumbnail picture of each given model so it's not necessary to check the rather lengthy entry topic every time I want to inspect the model. Or perhaps it would be equally helpful to hyperlink the items from the list to the regarding post in the entry topic.

I think both these improvemetns might even help getting more people to vote.

You are right on both accounts. But contests are already taking up a lot of time and creating thumbnails is quite time consuming. Hyperlinks might be feasible.

For the next contest we will limit the number of pictures, so it won't be so heavy.

Yea, that's right. Perhaps if the contestants were asked to make the thumbnails (could mostly be just the main pic resized). Links would do though. And reducing the number of pics is good idea. I'd suggest everyone to provide link to the external galery if they had more pictures one could browse :)

i think the contestants should post one picture and a link to the diskussion / WIP topic. this minimizes the work for the contest hoster and the traffic of the cite

Or if feasible, eliminate the entry topic altogether by enforcing a specific format for the title of the discussion topic (such as starts with [TC10] ) so they can be collected by a script. Of course in this case the contestant's first post would be required to be updated with pics, video, and any other requirements.