Jim

[TC10] Technic Pneumatic Contest - Information Topic

In the Olympics only the top 3 get medals. If one or more medal winners are disqualified by the post drug test, then #4 would move up and get the medal and so forth. :wink:

We will have to make not alllowed 3rd party parts test then :laugh:

Is it mandatory to make a WIP topic of our build ?

Yes, but it is called Discussion topic:

WHAT DO I NEED TO ENTER?

All participant need to create a discussion topic and create a post in the entry topic.

DISCUSSION TOPIC

• A discussion topic starting with [TC10].
  • A discussion topic needs to show some actual progress (i.e. pictures of the build in progress) and should NOT be used to "reserve an idea".

Edited by Milan

In the Olympics only the top 3 get medals. If one or more medal winners are disqualified by the post drug test, then #4 would move up and get the medal and so forth. :wink:
Well, top 3 will get their special medals anyway. We need to find way of getting generic Technic badge defined.

What I mean it by a brick build piston is like a 4x4 hollow square with a 2x2 piston that can be operated by a valve. I don't have pneumatics but I want to compete.

A discussion topic needs to show some actual progress (i.e. pictures of the build in progress) and should NOT be used to "reserve an idea".

Does the front axle in LDD count as progress?

Edited by LXF

If you dont have enough pneumatics, there is always Bricklink...

Me, I have an 8431 Pneumatic Crane Truck, an 8437 Pneumatic Excavator AND an 8455 Backhoe Loader so I got more than enough pneumatics, I just dont have the time to build something for the contest :)

does it have to be car or truck related? or can it be anything like akiykuis pneumatic module

Do the rules state it has to be a car or truck?

Can our entries be real-life models, e.g. Volvo?

Do the rules state your model can't be a Volvo?

Does the front axle in LDD count as progress?

Digital prototypes are considered progress, definitely :thumbup:

Is it mandatory to make a WIP topic of our build ?

We don't call it a WIP topic per se, but you need to create a "discussion" topic, like Milan pointed out.

And yes, you can start this discussion topic an hour before closing date. But that's not what we prefer of course. Creating a topic early on will give you a chance to showcase your model, get response, etc.

But you don't need to create a topic to show your progress. You can create the topic when you have finished your model, if that's what you mean.

And you will change to "LEDs" to "any LEGO light (4,5V/9V/12V)" :wink:

I can do that :wink::thumbup:

(done)

May I suggest rewarding technicgear2.png tag to more than top 3 as well? Forum is snowed with members having tags specific to other LEGO themes/subforums. Yet many great builders here in Technic subforum still lack these.

These tags aren't rewarded to the top-3. The medal tags are rewarded, the gold, the silver and the bronze ones.

For everyone, let's end the discussion about the tags and focus on the competition :wink:

(tags will be rewarded on staff's discretion and I will see what I can do)

Eurobricks wide staff or just Technic forum staff? :grin:

Actually just me. You are definitely cool to enter :thumbup:

Jim, how early is it allowed to post a contribution model ?

By contribution model, you mean a model that will enter the contest? If you have some progress to show (which you have) you can create your discussion topic whenever you like :thumbup:

Entry topic will be opened a week or so before the deadline.

What I mean it by a brick build piston is like a 4x4 hollow square with a 2x2 piston that can be operated by a valve. I don't have pneumatics but I want to compete.

Sorry, but we want to focus on the Pneumatic System. So no custom cylinders, even if they are made out of LEGO parts.

Okay thanks. My model is almost finished, just need to tinkering some small parts on it.

Create the topic and do the tinckering afterwards. We are obviously interested to see what you have built.

So all i have to do is to create a wip topic with my model that is nearly finished ?

Yup. Technically we call it the Discussion topic, not a WIP topic. Create a topic starting the subject with [TC10] and you are good to go!

Thanks Jim, I created the topic, will make the chassis in LDD, then build it IRL

edit: it seems like I'm slow typing

Edited by LXF

This is pretty neat :) built a C model for 42043 which is pneumatic :)

Built an awesome mobile crane, can't wait to enter :)

Hi,

Welcome to EB. Just remember that these MOCs are only allowed when you have not shown them somewhere.

And you can only enter with one entry.

Great contest!

If I late few days (i might not be at home at that time), how much time could I have after 31st October to post my entry?

Thanks!

Don't even go there :tongue:

You have 10 weeks to build! Finish your entry before the 31st of October.

Welcome to EB by the way. Can you correct your avatar image? It's broken.

I see you are long time member....sorry. Can you still correct your avatar?

Ok, i may not have enough time, but i will give my best. Thanks for answer!

Ohh, one more thing:

My entry might have two very different type of wheels (tires) for different terrains.

Can I use one type of wheels in one part of the video, and then remove them,and put another type and continue filming?

Will it be ok since i would remove old and install new parts (just tires). Model will be the same, i would just change the tires.