Jim

[TC10] Technic Pneumatic Contest - Information Topic

Ah, this'll be tight if I want to make something. I won't be back with my LEGO until after Skaerbaek Fan Weekend. On that note, who's going?

You can start before the weekend :wink:

(or do you need all your LEGO for the weekend?)

I am defenetley in :) but with the pneumatics from 42043 i can't do anything i want but i'll try. Functions using worm gears are allowed right ? And manually operated gearbox ? And how long the video should be ?

Functions using worm gears are allowed right ?

They are allowed, BUT Pneumatic functions should be priority.

And manually operated gearbox ?

Yes.

And how long the video should be ?

As long as you need to present your model.

Edited by Milan

If it's not presented and it fits the rules, than you are a lucky bastard :wink:

That's why Jeroen has so many tags :laugh::wink:

(Just kidding of course, he definitely earned those)

Aah there goes my plan to rename my DB11 to DB9 (since, hey, who can spot the difference anyway?) and then make the rearhatch pneumatically controlled :laugh:

Aah there goes my plan to rename my DB11 to DB9 (since, hey, who can spot the difference anyway?) and then make the rearhatch pneumatically controlled :laugh:

You can still make that seats pneumatically adjustable :P

I do not have (and do not want to) youtube/gmail account. Is flickr video OK?

Correct me if I am wrong, it seems to me a contest for huge MOCs, everyone can replicate pneumatic functions so the difference will be in the detail level which increase with the MOC size. How a small pneumatic MOC could win against a Konajra, Milan or Edwin style MOCs (for example) with pneumatics?.

Are we allowed to remove springs from the pumps?

We have thought about it, but this will be a NO, sorry.

This will be my first EB contest, and it looks quite fun. I have some ideas, but only the 42043 pneumatics. Also, I like small mocs. They show the creativity of a builder.

This is a great theme for a competition.

• I don't have time
  • I don't have the parts

I mean, given these two facts, they can better happen both during the same competition :)

That was a bit of a joke, because, it's actually too bad. I never build pneumatics, but a compo would have been a good way to try it once. But I'd have to get the parts first anyway. I sold all my pneumatics last year.

But I'm definitely looking forward to seeing all the entries people will come up with. This is bound to stir the creativity in people, especially those who are more "gear-oriented", like me :)

My biggest complaint against no size limits is that voters are biased towards large models. And yup, no function limits either mean someone will make a whole factory moc.

Anyway, the deadline is quite friendly, I might have a chance to build something.

If I'm interpreting this correctly, you are not allowed to enter a model that has been previously shown in a WIP topic, even if you haven't finished it, right? Also, the way I'm reading the rules, what the contest is after is something like 8868, as in only motorized compressor, and emphasis on pneumatic functions, with minimum extra manual functions. I'm game, this should be a fun contest.

If I'm interpreting this correctly, you are not allowed to enter a model that has been previously shown in a WIP topic, even if you haven't finished it, right?

Right.

Also, the way I'm reading the rules, what the contest is after is something like 8868, as in only motorized compressor, and emphasis on pneumatic functions, with minimum extra manual functions. I'm game, this should be a fun contest.

Right :)

I've only got one badge and all that does is tell everyone I'm an old fart :laugh:

Jealous. Yes. :classic:

It not only tells everyone that you are an "old fart" (like me) but you have proudly achieved "Older Than Dirt" status, which is not easy. Because it is easier to be young than old!

I may enter this, I just need to come up with a non-vehicle entry.

Andy D

Edited by Andy D

I may enter this, I just need to come up with a non-vehicle entry.

Andy D

I would love to see such an entry :thumbup:

And of course they will be rewarded with a medal tag.

CONTESTANTS

Each contestant will be rewarded a pneumatic tag as well.

technic_pneumatic.png

May I suggest rewarding technicgear2.png tag to more than top 3 as well? Forum is snowed with members having tags specific to other LEGO themes/subforums. Yet many great builders here in Technic subforum still lack these.

I will change PF motors to motors.

And you will change to "LEDs" to "any LEGO light (4,5V/9V/12V)" :wink:

May I suggest rewarding technicgear2.png tag to more than top 3 as well? Forum is snowed with members having tags specific to other LEGO themes/subforums. Yet many great builders here in Technic subforum still lack these.

Good idea. maybe some "notable" entries. I am sure there will be more than 3 special projects. Flexible number - jury will either award "special badge" or not. :wink:

Good idea. maybe some "notable" entries. I am sure there will be more than 3 special projects. Flexible number - jury will either award "special badge" or not. :wink:
I believe it would be better to state clearly, let's say, top 5 (top10 or whatever number is chosen) entries to receive it, rather than "special" entries. Otherwise you might end in unnecessary discussions like "I was 7th and get nothing, while he was 8th and got it".

I believe it would be better to state clearly, let's say, top 5 (top10 or whatever number is chosen) entries to receive it, rather than "special" entries. Otherwise you might end in unnecessary discussions like "I was 7th and get nothing, while he was 8th and got it".

Discussions like "why him, why not me?" will happen no matter what the rules would be. :laugh: (because, you know, it is human nature)

Edited by J_C

In the Olympics only the top 3 get medals. If one or more medal winners are disqualified by the post drug test, then #4 would move up and get the medal and so forth. :wink:

• Staff members are not eligible for winning prizes.

Eurobricks wide staff or just Technic forum staff? :grin: