michaelozzie

[MOC] Delta Class DX-9 Stormtrooper transport

Hello everyone.

Well last week I was trying to decide between what ship to build for my Imperials. It came down to a choice between a Gozanti class or this.

I havn't seen many MOCs of this craft before except Markus' brilliant version.

My main considerations were to try and create as much interior space as possible for holding troops and giving interior areas for pilots and control areas etc.

Also, it had to replicate the angles, which are never easy in Lego. Anyway enough talk, here are the pictures.

28401494473_9733c68af0_c.jpgDelta class DX9 Stormtrooper transport. by Michael, on Flickr

28985950206_cd27bdbc54_c.jpgDelta class DX9 Stormtrooper transport. by Michael, on Flickr

28401492473_09c01b3ac8_c.jpgDelta class DX9 Stormtrooper transport. by Michael, on Flickr

28732468790_10d07b0860_c.jpgDelta class DX9 Stormtrooper transport. by Michael, on Flickr

28942728991_b720a45a6a_c.jpgDelta class DX9 Stormtrooper transport. by Michael, on Flickr

28401482913_d48a778523_c.jpgDelta class DX9 Stormtrooper transport. by Michael, on Flickr

28985945656_6b2bc1d4f7_c.jpgDelta class DX9 Stormtrooper transport. by Michael, on Flickr

28398530484_d2666f055c_c.jpgDelta class DX9 Stormtrooper transport. by Michael, on Flickr

28942716461_2d6d60e93d_c.jpgDelta class DX9 Stormtrooper transport. by Michael, on Flickr

Is it supposed to be this? If so, it's slightly off but it's still bearing great resemblance. Either way, the detailing is fitting and the overall build quality is as great as your AT-ST and AT-DP.

Nice rendering, even if I would have used a few more dark blueish grey parts on the sides to highlights the shape.

Speaking of the shape, I believe the reactors should be located slightly higher, based on the following reference image.

Good work anyway!

I think he was going for this. Which looks very good comparatively. Although the front looks to be lower in the picture.

post-154041-0-35222800-1471350336.jpeg

Edited by Juke

Is it supposed to be this? If so, it's slightly off but it's still bearing great resemblance. Either way, the detailing is fitting and the overall build quality is as great as your AT-ST and AT-DP.

Thanks guys. I have seen several versions out there of this craft but this is the version I chose to work from

http://i48.tinypic.com/2qjdhn6.jpg

I wanted it to have a bit of an AT-DP look about it from the front end.

Well done! Looks very realistic but still with this lovely lego essence. Really nice.

Fantastic job on the DX9 :thumbup:

Nice to see a nother version of this great empire ship and with an interio :wacko:

Stunning!

Fantastic job on the DX9 :thumbup:

Nice to see a nother version of this great empire ship and with an interio :wacko:

Stunning!

Thanks Markus. Your version inspired me to build this craft too.

Dear Michaelozzie,

I would like build this DX-9 transport ship to my collection. This is my huge dream.

Please be so kind share with me the building instruction.

I will very glad if this possible from Your site.

Thank You very much in advance.