These TIEs have already been up on Flickr for a little while but I thought I should put them up here too.

Not a lot to say really, we all know what a TIE looks like after all. This is my version, it (comfortably) fits a fig, has an opening top hatch and even the rear window seen extensively on ILM models and in the Rebels TV show. It's also surprisingly sturdy, I made sure the cockpit was built for strength (less for looks as you may tell form the amount of studs) and in that it can keep up with my X-wing's tight manoeuvres in a hand-held dogfight :D

28565996930_90c2c4cb60_z.jpgTIE fighter (1) by Inthert, on Flickr

28379473993_04c5eeca6c_z.jpgTIE Fighter (cockpit) by Inthert, on Flickr

I've made an LXF file for the cockpit if anyone's interested: TIE Cockpit.lxf (I had added this to my X-wing topic but its obviously more appropriate here ;)

EDIT: I've competed the full TIE in LDD as requested. Enjoy!: TIE (complete).lxf

UPDATE: I've been informed there may be some pieces missing in the from of 4 2x1 grey platesĀ (used to close the hexagons on the insides of the wings) so just keep that in mind when using the file ;)

I also noticed that some parts were omitted from the first file so I decided to re-try the cockpit, seems to be okay in the complete TIE file just so you know.

I couldn't just have one imperial ship around to blow my X-wing and Falcon to bits so I made two! This a mining guild TIE as seen in Star Wars Rebels, its a fairly simple modification on my imperial tie, just a few colour changes and what not but it does the job ;)

28866128005_69472f3440_z.jpgMining Guild TIE fighter (1) by Inthert, on Flickr

Let me know what you think, I'm sure they're far from perfect so any suggestions will be welcome :)

Edited by Inthert

The yellow one with the modified wings is seen in SW Rebels by some gangsters aligned with the Empire.

Always nice to see T-Moc's. For now this is probably one of my favourite builds, since the bigger one's mostly lack the grey lines on the "inner side" of the wings.

- Even with all the corners & exposed studs, it's reminds me somehow more of the bubble it should be than most other sets/mocs.

- love how you got the "window" on the back. Most builds miss to shape the rear part accurate.

How many parts did you use approximately?

Thank you so much for the LDD file. It will save me a lot of time.

There is an actual window in there! Not just a hole where the window should be. Nice! And now I understand how you managed to level the hinge ;-)

My only qualm with this build is that I think the pilot should sit lower so that he can look through the window. I dunno if this can be done, or if it is worth it for that matter.

Now I should decide whether I will build Jerac's Tie or yours. His version is much rounder, but without a space to accomodate a pilot, it's a tie fighter shaped brick, not a spacecraft.

Tough choice. :-/ Especially since I modified the rear of his version by borrowing the idea of the round tile from yours. Much, much better.

I think my opinion on your moc is obvious but I didn't write it so... Very good job!

I'm not familiar with that second design, but it looks really interesting. Love the cut-out front wings!

Thanks, it is a strange design but I like it too :D

Always nice to see T-Moc's. For now this is probably one of my favourite builds, since the bigger one's mostly lack the grey lines on the "inner side" of the wings.

- Even with all the corners & exposed studs, it's reminds me somehow more of the bubble it should be than most other sets/mocs.

- love how you got the "window" on the back. Most builds miss to shape the rear part accurate.

How many parts did you use approximately?

Thanks! yeah, getting the grey struts on the inside was a real challenge but I'm so glad I able to, makes it look less toy-like IMO :)

Wasn't too sure what to call the rear transparent section, I suppose viewport is a more accurate description ;) I think I said on Flickr I spent ages coming up with a solution for the rear, glad you like it.

I did a rough part count and is approximately 470 pieces.

Thank you so much for the LDD file. It will save me a lot of time.

There is an actual window in there! Not just a hole where the window should be. Nice! And now I understand how you managed to level the hinge ;-)

My only qualm with this build is that I think the pilot should sit lower so that he can look through the window. I dunno if this can be done, or if it is worth it for that matter.

Now I should decide whether I will build Jerac's Tie or yours. His version is much rounder, but without a space to accomodate a pilot, it's a tie fighter shaped brick, not a spacecraft.

Tough choice. :-/ Especially since I modified the rear of his version by borrowing the idea of the round tile from yours. Much, much better.

I think my opinion on your moc is obvious but I didn't write it so... Very good job!

Your welcome, glad you'll find it useful :)

yep, sure is! Yeah, making the hatch lie flat had been an issue, quite pleased it now does though :D

Regarding the pilots position, I think its as good as it will be, he already sits on the lower corner plates. Without seriously weakening the structure or aesthetics, I doubt much more can be done to make the fig sit in a more appropriate position.

I'm happy whatever you decide. Just the fact that you've taken the time to try and build a digital version is praise enough for me :D

Thank you!

Edited by Inthert

Wow this is a really different take on the tie fighter, I like this a lot! It's fairly compact and much smaller then the official set. I wonder is yours closer to scale?

Great design. And so nice from you to share 2 designs at once and the LDD as well.

Nice built, keep them coming.

This is a fantastic TIE - one of the best I've seen. I particularly like that you have an actual viewport and engines, that's something I haven't seen much on other TIE mocs. Great work!

I wonder is yours closer to scale?

The wings of the Imperial TIE fighter are the correct scale, however these wings are the correct scale for a First Order TIE.

Wow this is a really different take on the tie fighter, I like this a lot! It's fairly compact and much smaller then the official set. I wonder is yours closer to scale?

Thank you! I think someone else answered your question but I will too ;) when I build models (at least ones of this size) I tend not to be too concerned by the scale of things because it varies drastically depending on what source material you look at. I therefore just try to make it look right, which seems to work well enough :)

Great design. And so nice from you to share 2 designs at once and the LDD as well.

Nice built, keep them coming.

Thanks!, I don't normally do LDD so enjoy it while it lasts ;D

This is a fantastic TIE - one of the best I've seen. I particularly like that you have an actual viewport and engines, that's something I haven't seen much on other TIE mocs. Great work!

The wings of the Imperial TIE fighter are the correct scale, however these wings are the correct scale for a First Order TIE.

Thank you, I haven't seen many people do rear viewports ether, so I'm quite pleased with the result :)

I hadn't realised there was a difference in wing size form the OT ones to the First Order ones, that's interesting, thanks for sharing :)

I love both of your TIEs, but the second one is so unconventional - and so great!

Thanks! yeah, its kind of funny looking, but that's just the reason I like it :D

I love these :wub: :wub: . So many great features that make it way better than TLG's take on this iconic ship in non-UCS scale. But I'm also sad because there is only a cockpit ldd file and no rebrickable part file makes it hard to build. If you could please make a rebrickable and full LDD file I could seriously consider making one of your two TIEs as my first non LDD MOC ever, because it is too good to not want it. :grin:

On ā€Ž16ā€Ž/ā€Ž08ā€Ž/ā€Ž2016 at 4:29 AM, MaxTube55 said:
I love these :wub::wub: . So many great features that make it way better than TLG's take on this iconic ship in non-UCS scale. But I'm also sad because there is only a cockpit ldd file and no rebrickable part file makes it hard to build. If you could please make a rebrickable and full LDD file I could seriously consider making one of your two TIEs as my first non LDD MOC ever, because it is too good to not want it. :grin:

Thank you so much, really means a lot to hear someone is so enthusiastic about recreating my model :) I'm afraid I'm unfamiliar with rebrickable, I've taken a look at the website and set up an account though, so maybe someday I'll upload my moc's on there. For now though, I've made an LDD model of the whole fighter, hopefully that and my pictures will provide enough of a parts list to be able to make it :) Good luck, i'd love to see it if you do manage to build it :D

I had trouble with the solar panels so you'll have to use a bit of imagination there ;) I tried to make sure that all the parts needed are in the file but do let me know if you spot anything that's missing! :D

On ā€Ž16ā€Ž/ā€Ž08ā€Ž/ā€Ž2016 at 6:34 AM, TenorPenny said:
The Mining Guild one is great..! Nice nod to a rarity.

Thanks!, its probably down to its very limited appearance in the show, I hope it pops up again though :)

Edited by Inthert

Thanks!, its probably down to its very limited appearance in the show, I hope it pops up again though :)

It does

I really these ties they're much better than the tlg ones.

Edited by AgentKallus of Hydra

Thank you so much, really means a lot to hear someone is so enthusiastic about recreating my model :) I'm afraid I'm unfamiliar with rebrickable, I've taken a look at the website and set up an account though, so maybe someday I'll upload my moc's on there. For now though, I've made an LDD model of the whole fighter, hopefully that and my pictures will provide enough of a parts list to be able to make it :) Good luck, i'd love to see it if you do manage to build it :D

Thanks for this, now comes the tricky part, scraping together the money to build this. I'm not entirely familiar with rebrickable myself but looking at their help page on how to submit mocs it seems like you need photos which you already have, building instructions which is fairly tricky, and a part inventoriy. It said it can take part inventories from an lxf file. So if it that helps. Thanks.

I really these ties they're much better than the tlg ones.

Thanks for letting me know :) and thank you for your kind words :D

Thanks for this, now comes the tricky part, scraping together the money to build this. I'm not entirely familiar with rebrickable myself but looking at their help page on how to submit mocs it seems like you need photos which you already have, building instructions which is fairly tricky, and a part inventoriy. It said it can take part inventories from an lxf file. So if it that helps. Thanks.

No problem :) Glad I could help! yeah, that's the worst bit!

Thanks for that info, as I say I might have a go at some point. It seems fairly straight forward apart form the instructions :/ because of that, if I do end up using rebrickable, it will be a while off I'm afraid, so I hope LXF file will be good enough for now :)

Thanks a lot for the complete lxf file, really. I'm not sure we could possibly ask for more.

I'll try to make instructions (because I basically have to), but I promise nothing and I don't give deadlines. I'll let you know in this topic if and when I start.

Thanks a lot for the complete lxf file, really. I'm not sure we could possibly ask for more.

I'll try to make instructions (because I basically have to), but I promise nothing and I don't give deadlines. I'll let you know in this topic if and when I start.

No problem, It didn't take as long as I'd thought, compared to my X-wing the construction is fairly straight forward, especially as the wings can just be copied and rotated ;)

No pressure on those instructions, I'm sure people will find it useful but I personally feel an LDD file provides enough information :). For something like an UCS AT-AT instructions would defiantly be needed in addition to the file, but for a small fighter, predominantly made from layering plates, I don't feel its necessary IMO :)

Nice work. I love how you made the cockpit, looks just like the real (Or fake?) thing. :thumbup:

Thank you! Can't tell you how many times I re-did the cockpit before I was happy, glad you like it :D

I have officially started collecting parts for the cockpit and after I complete that I'll then move on to getting parts for the wings. I'm super excited to build this, but I am trying to under excite myself so the waiting doesn't bore me to death. I already got a bag of parts from my giant bin death trap of LEGOs (never tear apart sets without organizing the pieces :laugh:) and stealing from sets. Some parts are different colors to not buy correct colors and save money but I will try to get it to be mostly like your design. Hopefully I can get the parts and build it soon. :classic:

Edited by MaxTube55

I have officially started collecting parts for the cockpit and after I complete that I'll then move on to getting parts for the wings. I'm super excited to build this, but I am trying to under excite myself so the waiting doesn't bore me to death. I already got a bag of parts from my giant bin death trap of LEGOs (never tear apart sets without organizing the pieces :laugh:) and stealing from sets. Some parts are different colors to not buy correct colors and save money but I will try to get it to be mostly like your design. Hopefully I can get the parts and build it soon. :classic:

I'm super excited to see your version! :D I hope the model will be worth the wait. I don't think it will matter if some parts aren't the 'right' colours, so long as its still predominantly grey it should look okay ;)

I love the yellow ties, the cutout wings look awesome. Weren't they from an episode of Rebels where they were trying to steal Tibana gas or something?

I'm super excited to see your version! :D I hope the model will be worth the wait. I don't think it will matter if some parts aren't the 'right' colours, so long as its still predominantly grey it should look okay ;)

Yeah, most of the parts that have the wrong color are mostly hidden. When the parts get here and 75150 does as well I can have a hand-held space battle myself with your TIE and Vader's vs. an A-Wing. :grin: Plus I will have a complete set of ANH TIEs. It sucked that the UCS X Wing retired a few days before I was going to buy it (and by the time I realized it, it was $260 everywhere :sad: ), but would have been an uncomfortably heavy hand-held battle, These TIEs will give my UCS one company and be light enough for me. :classic:

Nice take on the SW Rebels scale Tie Fighters!

I'm planning to build a couple of them but when I upload the lxf-file to Bricklink som piece doesn't exist in their database. Anyone found out which piece?