Hi, guys !

There're a lot of aircraft carrier mocs out there, so I thought I could introduce my catapult system.

The main catapult mechanism is simply a winch plus a clutch. (powered by one L motor)

I used another L motor & 2 actuators to control the JBD.

img_1305.jpg

The acceleration is quite fast considering I am using only one rubber band.

You may also attach more rubber bands if you have heavier fighter Jet mocs or RC planes.

Here is the video as always !

[/media]

[/media] Edited by 1711902090

A cool MOC that isn't a vehicle; don't see many of them around! Do you have any pictures of the rubber band mechanism?

Cool! Any plans for the rest of the ship?

Elevators, rudder, propulsion, radar, there are quite a few interesting functions in an aircraftcarrier...

WOW.

what a great moc!

Can you build what with a torpedo launcher / or a attelerie Unit of warships?

Would be great!

Is this mod finish? or do you build a bigger model with this catapult included, like an aircraft carrier?

Amazing idea and great implementation. Would be really nice to continue and re-create the whole carrier :)

Great idea for a MOC. I think it would be more interesting if you've shown how far it can launch the plane. :wink:

It seems works pretty well, also, it would be cool to see a large size aircraft carrier model for display, with a similar system that could launch air planes (maybe paper ones), it would be really cool.

Great moc showing the concept of a catapult. An aircraft carrier has lots of cool functions, you could also replicate the plane lifts, the whole carrier could be built at a much smaller scale, and possibly launch paper planes. Here's a good example, with compact lifts. http://www.moc-pages.com/moc.php/366353

I think you could easily fit more functions into it at 1/300-1/250th scale. I think the catapult winch mechanism could be automated, by having a linkage that disengages the winch when the sled is drawn back, there would have to be another linkage connected to the changeover catch that resets the winch.

Thank you for all the comments and insights !

Here is my plan:

1. Build a close in weapon system since it will be the smallest functioning unit on the carrier. (currently working on it and will provide video demo as well as LDD)

2. From there, I can decide the proper scale of the ship

3. Build other functioning modules, lifts, control tower...etc (will provide videos and LDDs)

4. Finish the ship in LDD.

Sorry to say but I am not going to actually build the entire ship.

img_1317.jpg

img_1318.jpg

img_1321.jpg