Part 3

Part 4

Interlude

Part 5

Part 6

Part 7 (Finale)

Tags: Alien

Planet: Onix

28929325551_fc284bd81d_z.jpgWhat is a Queen to a God? by Danny-Longlegs, on Flickr

29005467435_7358fe2851_z.jpgWhat is a Queen to a God? by Danny-Longlegs, on FlickrWhat is a Queen to a God? by Danny-Longlegs, on Flickr

Queen: "But the scripture states that the gods returned from the heavens when the Zoid slavers did descend upon our people. The Gods... They showed us that by eating the Zoid we could be free of their shackles. Will not the gods return to us now, in our time of great need?"

Bishop: "The Gods work in mysterious ways, my Queen... And our enemy is not from without... but from within. I fear that the Gods may... require us to resolve this ourselves."

Queen: "Ba'al Ba'al is no true Oni-Ren*. She might as well be a mere extension of the arm of Octan. Do you think her army of Mecha-nicks was herself created? Do you think the Nan-Nan tribe built for themselves their armor of black?... Ba'al Ba'al and her army are merely puppets to the true enemy... Will our gods not return and teach us how to beat them back?"

Bishop: "My Queen... I must confess that I do not believe that the gods will return again.... It has been so.. so very long since they did before."

Queen: "But are we not faithful? Have we not upheld their ways? Why would the Gods have abandoned us to our doom?"

Bishop: "The Gods abandoned us long, long ago."

*The word for Oni-Ren in Oni-Ren is not Oni-Ren, but rather a word more like the common word "Person"

28900236052_caec913ca4_z.jpgWhat is a Queen to a God? by Danny-Longlegs, on Flickr

Later, In Cerebus Station.

27939854720_2c7818927e_z.jpgAn Audience with the Queen by Danny-Longlegs, on Flickr

Translator: "Wessa be wanting to discuss... peace."

Dr. Long: "I'm listening."

Translator: "Oursa Queen be wanting youssa to be... calling off youssa dog, Ba'al Ba'al Jinks."

Dr. Long: "Octan claims no affiliation with Ba'al Ba'al Jinks. She may have been our guest at one point, however, Octan has yet to recognize her freedom fighters as a legitimate organization."

Translator: "Oursa Queen be beggin the question of howsa Ba'al Ba'al be having offworlder technology?"

Dr. Long: "That would be a question to ask a representative of Ba'al Ba'al Jink's freedom fighters."

Translator: "Theysa no talk. Only kill."

Dr. Long: "Perhaps there would be a way to... circumvent any further losses. I'm sure Ba'al Ba'al could be reasoned with... But for Octan to become a partisan in your civil war... That would certainly come with a price."

Translator: "Does youssa mean the old agreement?"

Dr. Long: "More than that. We discussed that arrangement during times of peace. Now you come to us in a time of war and ask for our direct interference with your internal matters? We would have to assemble a taskforce to assess civil liberties in your nation, and draw up actionable plans to bring your empire closer in line to Octan's corporate policies before even considering intervention on your behalf. Octan follows strict moral and legal guidelines in circumstances such as this to ensure mutual benefit of all parties involved."

Translator: "Wessa no think wessa can be working with youssa."

Dr. Long: "Very well. My people will be in contact with your people, should you change your mind."

Later that week, after a battle, by the Statue of the Fallen Goddess.

28972902016_31914bfd74_z.jpgWhat is a Queen to a God? by Danny-Longlegs, on Flickr

Dr. Edris: "Is that azure liquid... Water?"

Dr. Long: "Yes. Poisoned by Copper."

Dr. Edris: "Do the natives drink it?"

Dr. Long: "The natives have a greater capacity for copper intake than we do. Nonetheless, the copper in the water will need to be filtered out and converted to a usable form."

29005522415_a34c8ce975_z.jpgWhat is a Queen to a God? by Danny-Longlegs, on Flickr

Dr. Long: "It's wasteful. Don't you think? All this usable copper oxidizing away in a great heap."

Dr. Edris: "This is an item of great cultural significance, from what I can tell. It's one of the statues to their gods. I'd say the religious significance of this item alone makes it almost just as valuable as the copper put into making it."

Dr. Long: "Well, we'll need to dismantle it, so take your pictures now."

Dr. Edris: "This is a priceless artifact we're talking about, Danielle. This needs to be preserved."

Dr. Long: "They've done a fine job preserving it themselves. It looks like it more than half melted into the lava ages ago. Appraise the item in reference to its cultural value. We'll write Ba'al Ba'al a check. We can construct a new one out of Steel."

Dr. Edris: "For the record, I don't approve."

Dr. Long: "Noted."

28388310273_60dc194a85_z.jpgWhat is a Queen to a God? by Danny-Longlegs, on Flickr

29005700835_5e37305eea_z.jpgWhat is a Queen to a God? by Danny-Longlegs, on Flickr

Kudos to those who have been following my larger story and get the implications of this being a statue to the Oni-Ren Gods. :wink:

Also, the build is kind of a reference to Planet of the Apes. :grin: unintentionally, at first, I might add.

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Edited by Dannylonglegs

Pictures Updated!

28929325551_fc284bd81d_z.jpgWhat is a Queen to a God? by Danny-Longlegs, on Flickr

I love this build, even if I'm not sure what it is!

Thanks! Sorry if it was unclear. I've added the dialogue that elucidates that. :blush: It's a fallen statue to the gods and goddesses of the Oni-Ren Pantheon, constructed from Copper, which did exactly what copper does, and oxidized. :wink:

Glad you like it! I'd say it's probably one of my more aesthetically pleasing builds... Azure on black is a sexy combo. Shame it's using literally all of my azure bricks and plates. :laugh:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Edited by Dannylonglegs

Wow! I love that fallen statue! The azure on black does look pretty cool.

EDIT: The link to the statue reference(?) doesn't work.

Edited by Mr Greeble

Great Build! Can't access this though. :sceptic:

Kudos to those who have been following my larger story and get the implications of this being a statue to the Oni-Ren Gods. :wink:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

And did you mean to tag this with an A? that reduces Your corperation's domination points if I read the rules right

Edited by Mesabi

This

Dominance on Onix is not really important, as Alien builds remove it indiscriminately, meaning Kawashita and Octan both will lose dominance. The ratio remains the same.

This won't be a problem for either of us unless Mantis tries to claim Onix... which is possible, but impractical. I wanted to make this an Octan build, but it was really tied to the planet Onix... and it was finals week so I couldn't build much more to make the placement different. :blush:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Edited by Dannylonglegs

I think we should encourage more alien builds. There are a lot of creatures and cultures to explore. (Knowing what the statue is supposed to look like just made “the old gods” much more interesting)

As usually I like the story (and build) but her decision to destroy the statue comes of as stupidly greedy rather then cold profit seeking (to me at least). Even if the statue was solid it would be little copper compared to a future mining industry (and replacing it with bronze is also stupid as that is about 90% copper. Like Steel is about 98% iron)

I'm going to pretend Danielle recognize the statue and want to study it.

Edited by EpsilonEta

I think we should encourage more alien builds. There are a lot of creatures and cultures to explore. (Knowing what the statue is supposed to look like just made “the old gods” much more interesting)

As usually I like the story (and build) but her decision to destroy the statue comes of as stupidly greedy rather then cold profit seeking (to me at least). Even if the statue was solid it would be little copper compared to a future mining industry (and replacing it with bronze is also stupid as that is about 90% copper. Like Steel is about 98% iron)

I'm going to pretend Danielle recognize the statue and want to study it.

Did I say bronze? Whoops. Meant steel. :facepalm: mind if I retcon that real quick? :laugh:

Also, the river's colour is from copper... if there's that much copper in the river, it begs the question of what the statue is resting on. The statue is but a small part of the copper Dr. Long wants to extract from their present location. While petty greed does play a part in her decision to have the statue deconstructed and replaced, what is not explicitly stated is that it must be moved to fully extract the resources from their present location... if that helps you justify her actions. :classic:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Edited by Dannylonglegs