Ayrlego

[COR - Aug FB1] Botany House, Mooreton Bay

The Royal Society of Natural Philosophy is pleased to announce the opening of a Botany House in Mooreton Bay, Alicentia. To advance the study of the flora of the New World, The Society has managed to engage the services of renowned Corlander Botanist, Sir Jonah Banks. Banks has set up his quarters in Botany House, a building in Mooreton bay built specially by the society for the study of Botany. Located roughly in the centre of the settlement, the land adjacent to the building has been set aside for future Botanic Gardens - a planned green oasis in the middle of a bustling town!

28988231625_e39f71f431_z.jpg

Here Major Dirk Allcock can be see discussing some recent discoveries with Sir Jonah.

28371394163_44bf1158ed_z.jpg

Meanwhile the society employs a local boy by the name of Billy for gardening.

28955793416_d763317616_z.jpg

Licensed as a medium educational property in the name of the Royal Society of Natural Philosophy in Mooreton Bay.

Hi Everybody. A long promised build for the Royal Society. Not a particularly interesting build, but I wanted to try something larger scale in dark tan bricks. I hope to have something slightly more exciting up early next week for the Society (but in a different location - Capt Wolf, looking at you!).

Another fine build from you, Ayrlego! The dark tan masonry bricks work well, and I like the architectural details you've used: the door rail plates for the window sills; the shuttered windows, reversed panels, and technic bricks in the roof facade; and the detail around/above the door. The decorative brick wall around the grounds feels right for the garden. In the garden itself, I like the trellis and the round tile stepping stones. And again, you've given us some interior detail! My only question is if you intended to do a second floor and decided not to, or did you just do the ledge to suggest it? Either way, it works. You've developed a definite style for Mooreton Bay, and the settlement looks better every day. Great job!

I'm definitely looking forward to what you have in store for Weelond!

Great stuff as always. The outer wall is splendid and so is the "thing above the gardener that has leaves upon (usually vines for us) and i dont know how it is called in english". My only concerned would be the white looking windows of the second floor but this is nearly negligible.

Personally, I find this particularly interesting! pirate_tong.gif

The colour scheme is great, and I think you have included some nice architectural details on the building it self (in particular, the entrance and the gable.).

Further, the surrounding wall is a good touch, as is the garden within it.

The Society will prosper for the glory of science!

Excellent build, Ayrlego, the architecture on the building is superb (I particularly like your solution for the top of the roof, the corner details, the light grey stripes, and the use of bricks with the axle holes), and the interior is very nice as well! :thumbup: Good work with the gardens and exterior as well, although for some reason - maybe because it starts on top of the wall? - the trellis looks a tad odd to me. I also agree with Capt. Wolf and blackdeathgr that a second story on the interior would have fixed the mildly disturbing white you can see behind the second story windows, but overall this is a very nice build and a great addition to the Brethren of the Brick Seas! Keep it up! pirate_satisfied.gif

This is a really great build, Ayrlego. The wall looks really good. I like the table inside and the cabinets. They are well done. The trellis also turned out very well. I agree with Garmadon that your solution for the roof peak was great. Another all around great build from you!

Oh ! Great build and excellent idea !

I have to admit that you beat me on this !

I just visited the botanic garden near my father in law's house and gave it a try in LEGO as it's a 18's century garden but I will never have the rendering you had !

Excellent job !

Awesome build! :wub:

I Love All the details, but the interiors are from an incredibly high skill!

Thank you all for the comments!

...My only question is if you intended to do a second floor and decided not to, or did you just do the ledge to suggest it? Either way, it works. You've developed a definite style for Mooreton Bay, and the settlement looks better every day. Great job!

I'm definitely looking forward to what you have in store for Weelond!

I had another floor planned, it was to be guest rooms for visiting members. Alas I got lazy and ran out of motivation for this build. Then I neglected to cover up the top floor windows before I took the photos and only realised after I posted them with the white background showing through and looking terrible!

My Weelond build is almost finished, just waiting on a small Bricklink order to complete it. It's quite different to my usual style so I hope you like it!

Great stuff as always. The outer wall is splendid and so is the "thing above the gardener that has leaves upon (usually vines for us) and i dont know how it is called in english".

Thank you! Actually that's a tricky question that made me have to think - I think the English word would be trellis or lattice, although both usually imply a vertical structure... Both would work in this situation though I think!