This was built as part of the InnovaLUG collab, Ye Old Merry Battleground, for Brickfair Virginia.Check out the full collab here. Given the colorscheme and landscape, I thought this would fit well in Avalonia.
I enjoyed getting to use some of our new sand green parts, and small castles/manors are always fun to build. There is no interior *oh2* as when building this, Nordheim was still altogether and I was short on parts and time.

Sir Ruari Leanin leads some of his soldiers out on a tax collecting tour. Meanwhile, some Forestmen take advantage of his leave-taking...
Overview-1.jpg

Left.jpg

BC.jpg

Right-1.jpg

Rope.jpg

Close.jpg
There are a few more pictures on brickbuilt.
Your comments and suggestions are always welcome :classic:

Edited by soccerkid6

No interior!?! The whole thing is crap then...

But seriously, you do an amazing job of putting together striking architectural details into a cohesive and elegant build. The sand green with the sprinkling of the 1x1 round plates looks great for walls, and I absolutely love the use of those joint pieces just beneath the battlements of the keep. The only thing I am not sold on is the roof of the keep sticking up in the middle of the battlements; I think it probably would have looked better with just a flat platform. It still looks good, though. And the whole thing is great to look at either way. Those forestmen sure look up to no good!

Great job! The sand green patches on the wall work really well. It is especially impressive that you mention that the last series of builds you did haven't been taken apart yet!

Nice fortified house, I can definitely envision a minor lord making his home there :classic:

As always, the photography is also flawless.

A couple of minor remarks however: The spacing between the sand green mottling is a tad too even and the size of the specks as well, leading to a somewhat repetitive pattern. I also find it a bit strange that the vertical beams of the Tudor section are narrower than the blue plaster, maybe if that would have been offset half a stud it would have looked perfect with those uneven vertical beams :classic:

I saw the Innovalug article with all the builds, you guys did an awesome job on those!

Thanks Tomsche, I'm glad you were able to check out the full article :thumbup:

No interior!?! The whole thing is crap then...

But seriously, you do an amazing job of putting together striking architectural details into a cohesive and elegant build. The sand green with the sprinkling of the 1x1 round plates looks great for walls, and I absolutely love the use of those joint pieces just beneath the battlements of the keep. The only thing I am not sold on is the roof of the keep sticking up in the middle of the battlements; I think it probably would have looked better with just a flat platform. It still looks good, though. And the whole thing is great to look at either way. Those forestmen sure look up to no good!

Thanks! The decorations below the battlements were one of my favorite designs in this build :sweet:

The green bits go really well with the grey, gives it a nice mossy look

Thank you, Puvel!

Great job! The sand green patches on the wall work really well. It is especially impressive that you mention that the last series of builds you did haven't been taken apart yet!

Thanks BC, yeah, John and I had all our builds for this collab, and Nordheim together all at once. Way more than we've ever had together at once before.

Nice fortified house, I can definitely envision a minor lord making his home there :classic:

As always, the photography is also flawless.

A couple of minor remarks however: The spacing between the sand green mottling is a tad too even and the size of the specks as well, leading to a somewhat repetitive pattern. I also find it a bit strange that the vertical beams of the Tudor section are narrower than the blue plaster, maybe if that would have been offset half a stud it would have looked perfect with those uneven vertical beams :classic:

Thanks Gideon! I tried to vary the mossy patches, but it did end up looking pretty regular, thanks for the tips :classic:

Very nice build, SK, the colors are excellent, and the architecture is very impressive - those clip receivers under the battlements being my favorite part as well! :thumbup: The landscaping and Tudor are great as well, although for some odd reason I actually like the back of the build more than the front :grin: - maybe those forestmen have something to do with it! :laugh: Really, my one critique would be that, like Henjin, I think the black roof on the tower for some reason looks out of place - I think either making it larger and having a bit of overhang, or changing it to battlements as Henjin suggested would look a bit better.

I must say, even if this doesn't have an interior, the amount of building you and LJ were able to do for BFVA was tremendously impressive! Having three builds in progress (a couple of weeks ago, one is already finished and destroyed now) is plenty enough of a pain for me (and I'm sure I never feel like doing it again! :laugh::grin:)

The detail on the house is amazing, as the sand green and round grey plates really make it more realistic. All the other details on the house are great as well. The two forestmen climbing up on the back is also a really nice addition. Though it doesn't have your trademark interior, I completely understand why.

Another lovely build, so many details :wub: My favoured (tough I love all of them!) are the use of cones instead of normaal rounds for the halftimbered section, wich adds a lot of reliëf, and NPU on the 1x2 with handle!

Excellent build as always !

I like those forester fellows climbing on the wall to get back the "taxes" in the good pockets. :laugh:

Beautiful, always love to see me some sand green incorporated into castle walls! The battlement supports are a really nice touch.

The mottled sand green and light grey go together excellently... I think I know what I'll be doing with the sand green I just got! Nice use of bar pieces for detailing and the tudor section really pops. :thumbup:

I really love this one, so much going on!

Thanks narbilu! This was my favorite of the builds I made for the collab display.

Such a great looking manor! Great to see you building outside mitgardia again:)

Thanks dG, and it is good to do some non-wintery builds occasionally :grin:

Very nice build, SK, the colors are excellent, and the architecture is very impressive - those clip receivers under the battlements being my favorite part as well! :thumbup: The landscaping and Tudor are great as well, although for some odd reason I actually like the back of the build more than the front :grin: - maybe those forestmen have something to do with it! :laugh: Really, my one critique would be that, like Henjin, I think the black roof on the tower for some reason looks out of place - I think either making it larger and having a bit of overhang, or changing it to battlements as Henjin suggested would look a bit better.

I must say, even if this doesn't have an interior, the amount of building you and LJ were able to do for BFVA was tremendously impressive! Having three builds in progress (a couple of weeks ago, one is already finished and destroyed now) is plenty enough of a pain for me (and I'm sure I never feel like doing it again! :laugh::grin:)

Thanks Garmadon! I was really pleased with how the back turned out myself, part of my goal for this build was to have it interesting on all sides.

Having so many builds together at once was definitely a new experience, though now it feels weird to have so many parts to work with again :laugh:

Beautiful build! The amount of detail is astounding.

Thank you :classic:

I like how your builds always have that sense of classic play ability to them.

Thanks! I do tend to lean towards classic styling.

The detail on the house is amazing, as the sand green and round grey plates really make it more realistic. All the other details on the house are great as well. The two forestmen climbing up on the back is also a really nice addition. Though it doesn't have your trademark interior, I completely understand why.

Thank you :classic:

Another lovely build, so many details :wub: My favoured (tough I love all of them!) are the use of cones instead of normaal rounds for the halftimbered section, wich adds a lot of reliëf, and NPU on the 1x2 with handle!

Thanks Titus, I have lots of those cones so I thought it would be good to use them.

Excellent build as always !

I like those forester fellows climbing on the wall to get back the "taxes" in the good pockets. :laugh:

Who can resist Forestmen? :sweet:

Beautiful, always love to see me some sand green incorporated into castle walls! The battlement supports are a really nice touch.

Thanks ME!

The mottled sand green and light grey go together excellently... I think I know what I'll be doing with the sand green I just got! Nice use of bar pieces for detailing and the tudor section really pops. :thumbup:

Yeah! Mark started that stone wall trend for the display, and the rest of us gladly followed along :grin:

Edited by soccerkid6

This is a really nice looking castle build. The small landscape looks great with the foliage. The structure looks wonderful with all of the small trim details, and I love the blue section. The different greys work well with the sand green to make the building look aged. And the added touch of the Forestmen climbing up the back is fantastic. I love it. Wish it had an interior, but it's a great build altogether.

Good work!

This is a really nice looking castle build. The small landscape looks great with the foliage. The structure looks wonderful with all of the small trim details, and I love the blue section. The different greys work well with the sand green to make the building look aged. And the added touch of the Forestmen climbing up the back is fantastic. I love it. Wish it had an interior, but it's a great build altogether.

Good work!

Thanks!

Another excellent keep! The colour scheme is superb. I especially like how well the sand green goes with the light blue colour of the half timbered structures.

Very pretty build Isaac, I really like the stepping layout of the manor :thumbup: The big arched window in the back is great, as are the decorations under the battlements :classic: