This is my version of sydag's wonderful delta-7 model (which you should view here www.flickr.com/photos/sydag/sets/7215765181084275), which also incorporates elements of legorevolution's model (www.flickr.com/photos/legorevolution/albums/7215762721077...).

Originally I just built legorevolution's eta-2 as per the instructions, but a while later i found sydag's version of the ship, which blew me further away. I ended up having a cockpit module from legorevolution and the wings from sydag's. But I did this before he produced his instructions and also showed his lovely series of fighters, so parts of the wings were not exactly the same to begin with. For a while I was satisfied and they began collecting dust while I did other things.

I can't remember exactly when but in the second half of last year I picked it up again and started putting together obi-wan's red interceptor from the same battle, and the blue one that goes to Utapau. I fiddled with these for a while, but because I didn't have all of the parts I needed for obi-wan's ships, this one was the template for the rest. I basically finished it then, but without sticker details. This weekend I sat down and put those on, and here we have it. I'm quite proud of this one, although it's definitely too big. But that's alright with me because I felt that the movie ships themselves were unrealistically small anyway.

So here you have it. Large chunks of this have remained untouched from the source material (in lego), but there are several areas, including the back wing sections, the bottom, and most of the cockpit which I have rearranged to suit my personal preferences. Enjoy !

You can view the rest of photos in the album (www.flickr.com/photos/48109771@N05/sets/72157671270667370).

(:

https://www.flickr.c...N05/28349846724

28349846724_d41bff14d8_b.jpg

https://www.flickr.c.../in/dateposted/

28936494676_44f60831e4_b.jpg

28892349751_53217b29bb_b.jpg

28683106210_07abd31824_b.jpg

28968753865_03cba843e9_b.jpg

Edited by atlas

Outstanding representation of the original vehicle! But I personally prefer TIE hatch dish at the back of the canopy over brick-built solution

Thanks everyone.

I'm ashamed to admit that the armour edge thingies around the cockpit are just attached with blu tack at the moment. I tried many other possibilities but with the parts available it wasn't possible to get them in the right place and angle and have them stay put. I did sort of get them like that with 100% lego, but they were just floating there (like the cockpit in the UCS b wing but 10x less stable), so I just opted to get in over with and stick them on for the time being.

I hope to revisit this problem when I finish up with the other 3 that I have in progress. It's just a stop gap so I can tell myself to be done with it for now.

About the parabola dish vs. brick built idea, that's funny because until about 1 hour before I shot the photos I had it like that, but due to the fact that my engines are too far apart, it looked less like the source material than the way it ended up in the pictures. It'd personal preference though of course (:

So over the weekend I finished up Vader's and Obi-wan's fighters. They are built almost exactly the same (the dark green one is a bit different obviously due to the livery) I think, in fact the two "coruscant battle" ships might be identical. Unfortunately, I kind of rushed some of the stickers with these because I was getting impatient with myself. You can see on the left wing of Obi-wan's ship, the furthermost stripe behind the s-foils are visible. Also, the triangular shapes behind the s-foils are not as well done as the first one (along with all of the stickers really) because I had to use lego sticker sheets and cut them up to have more or less matching colours, sometimes there weren't big enough blobs of solid colour to get a proper shape which is disappointing but by no means the end of the world. With the first one i had the luxury of a whole roll of electrical tape which is a pretty close yellow.

Anyway, here you go. These photos are kind of redundant (and not as well lit, it was a race against time to beat the sunset) because it's the same ship, just new colours. But when I see other creations that I even mildly enjoy, I love to have as many angles as possible to look at. So hopefully someone can appreciate them! :)

Albums:

29337566885_2469021f80_b.jpg

29050131480_121c644fc1_b.jpg

29258795081_8d69490f13_b.jpg

Not at the moment, due to the way the wings are built I couldn't find a way to fit a 2x2 round or 4x2 hole at the angle required inside the wing.

Well, don't give up on it. It'd be good for function's sake and appearance's sake (since you can see the tops of the legs in the movie).

I have to say that while the way the wings are built is very cleverly designed, brick-thick all the way seems a bit much for a minifigure Eta-2 in my opinion (it's about as thick as the wings of the Hasbro Eta-2).

Well, don't give up on it. It'd be good for function's sake and appearance's sake (since you can see the tops of the legs in the movie).

I have to say that while the way the wings are built is very cleverly designed, brick-thick all the way seems a bit much for a minifigure Eta-2 in my opinion (it's about as thick as the wings of the Hasbro Eta-2).

I agree, I've contemplated doing the front prongs with plates but I'll keep it as is for now.

Did you happen to do that wing breakdown while making Obi Wan's fighter?

I'm in the process of taking photos for instructions.