kritch

Classic Space Research Complex

28338885493_1906d72703_z.jpg

A self contained Research Base, built on a planet in the cold icy depths of space. The first floor houses the main access airlock and the lab and bio-dome where the scientists carry out all their experiments.

The second floor houses the habitation block, with bunk beds, a kitchenette and toilet facilities.The third floor has a store and laundry and a second airlock allowing roof access.The roof contains all the communication equipment and an observation (or angry) dome. Larger pictures of the interior are on my flickr page.

Really great design and packed with great details and play features. I like the realistic layout with airlocks and ladders between all the floors. Very cool.

It's a little blocky on the outside but I love the greenhouse, the ladder and the little hose snaking up 1 of the legs of the research station. The roof is nice, too. The airlock is nicely designed and your interior, which you've made very easily accessible, has nice details and greebles. Good job!

Oh, very cool, I like the details, bio dome and the airlocks in particular. I can see that you put a lot of thought into the logic of the building.

This looks so cool! Industrial design meets classic space - and it just works and has this feel of something real and actually working. Wonderful! :classic: Also bonus points for making the back fold open :wink::thumbup:

Cute little base, especially the greenhouse part - it's wonderful! :wub:

I think its actually a bluehouse :wink: :laugh:

But lovely indeed!

Thanks everyone. I'm glad you like it.

It's a little blocky on the outside
Industrial design meets classic space

Yeh, I think the architects of classic space have taken inspiration for 1970's Brutalist achitecture

I think its actually a bluehouse :wink: :laugh:

Nice.

I like how the smooth and fairly plain exterior contrasts with the interior, which is packed with playable details. I also like that this model looks as though it would be fun to play with: a source of all sorts of stories and adventures. Nice to see a working airlock on a space station too. The spacemen of my youth (1970s & 1980s) had to work outside and probably never got to take their spacesuits off!

Great inspiration. Hard to see on my phone but is this old grey or newer light bluish grey? Cheers for the lovely photos. I think this will inspire my winter MOC build but I shall have to use only trans yellow. 

I like all the textures and functional detail you put into this. It looks a little cramped and many remote research bases are built this way so, it's more realistic. :thumbup:

Love the snow accumulating along the legs and the greenhouse. Nice full interior too! Really well made and has a ton of great detailing.

Very cool. So much stuff in such a small space. I like how you used the old big trans-blue piece for the greenhouse.