Sign in to follow this  
Modelmaker

Small lego lot

I found another small lego lot today in a local second hand shop which was only €6, so of course I had to buy it. Sure it would be rude not to

Here it is still "shop sealed"

DSC05857_zpsu8pxw6qf.jpg

the sticker says complete lego set, so lets see how complete it really is

A look through the wrapper and i can see some technic parts and a shoe box

So here's the first unpacking

DSC05858_zpsvvzksqfn.jpg

DSC05859_zpsqgqawqta.jpg

some Duplo

DSC05860_zpsyinmz0pe.jpg

and the usual junk

DSC05861_zpsgao4wusy.jpg

Then time to start sorting

DSC05862_zpsxeqta9ap.jpg

DSC05865_zps2jf6w9qt.jpg

and after a few hours of bricklink searching and online instructions' here's what came out

90% percent of 8843 forklift

DSC05867_zpsljsemup2.jpg

A lot of 8860 chassis

DSC05868_zpsanfybmx2.jpg

DSC05871_zpscbhlabsk.jpg

And most of 8842 go kart

DSC05869_zpsyev28jxb.jpg

And some left overs

DSC05870_zps1wcdxpqm.jpg

I also found parts from 8849 tractor but not enough to make a start on making it.

So no complete sets but for only six euro I can't really complain. Just the large wheel from the car chassis has to be worth more than that.

Some nice parts in this lot so I'm very happy, and I can complete the 3 sets from my exsisting collection.

Complete or not, nice find for the price.

Yup!

BTW, the box says "Complete LEGO Set" but it has a non-LEGO pieces in it. :sceptic::thumbdown:

Your 'usual junk' photo has actual Lego in it. The H-in-a-circle piece is from Hero Factory, I forget its official name.

Thanks for that, I recognised that piece from somewhere but I was thinking micro-machines for some reason. BTW the large black rubber piece with clamps at both ends in the same pic is also Lego. Luckily seeing as i'm a model maker the junk from these lots doesn't end up in the bin, it get's sorted into useable model parts, or "greebles" as they are called in that world :classic:

Yup!

BTW, the box says "Complete LEGO Set" but it has a non-LEGO pieces in it. :sceptic::thumbdown:

the second hand shop is more like a charity shop that raises money for different causes, and anyone that works in it does so voluntary so they don't get paid, plus they are all retired old age women, so I kind of have to forgive them for thier mistakes. At least they didn't write LEGOS on there :laugh:

Edited by Modelmaker

Hey, you got a great bargain there. I have mixed emotions when I buy from Charity shops, part of me is happy to pick up a nice lot of LEGO on the cheap. The other half thinks that I should be paying more or letting children have it...

Then I donate a box of books and DVDs and plush toys and feel a bit better. Oh, and all the scatter-toys you get in those boxes of mixed LEGO? I put 'em in a smaller box and re-donate them with the usual mix of prizes from cereal/sweets.

Funtimes.

That's a great haul for such a low price. Congrats.

Your 'usual junk' photo has actual Lego in it. The H-in-a-circle piece is from Hero Factory, I forget its official name.

I think it's called a "Hero Core", could be wrong.