Dunno if the mods wanna merge the other thread with this but Sports is coming next summer. Looks like we were right!

One year late

It would had been awesome to get the theme this year with the Rio 16 Olympics and all.

Hm, that's weird :wacko: Does this mean that the infamous forger fabricated a theme that was coincidently a real thing or that he was only joking about joking? :laugh:

Hm, that's weird :wacko: Does this mean that the infamous forger fabricated a theme that was coincidently a real thing or that he was only joking about joking? :laugh:

The new Sports line have been rumored for months. The guy probably heard about it and made that fake pics.

"Zebby Bricks" initially reported the Sports line and a 4chan troll picked it up from there. Turns out Zebby was right if this rumor is true.

So, right, what sports do you reckon will lend well to LEGO? Basketball, football and swimming will be a given, probably archery, field events in track & field...

I hope ice hockey makes a return. After all, there was the CMF hockey player:

s-l225.jpg

Dual molded legs with printing on front and sides to represent hockey pants & socks would be nice. Additional detail on the arms through dual molding and printing would also be nice.

Let's see. NCAA, NHL, NFL, and MLB are signed with OyO. NBA is with another company, can't think of which one. These guys don't usually sign multiple company deals for same type product. So what's left? Soccer. LOL Guess this won't be a popular line in the US...

Unless there are no licenses, and generic teams

I hope for dwarf throwing, darts and the German wheel.

Maybe wheelchairbasketball for cheaper wheel chairs.

Thank you very much for this information, CM4Sci! :classic:

I'm really glad that TLG returns with a new Sports theme! :thumbup:

And having seen the pictures of the Speed Champions sets of 2015 and 2016, I'm quite optimistic that Sports sets would be about the same quality - not only the sports itself, but even some location and additional stuff to make it more attractive.

It's only a pity that this theme will firstly come in summer! Some ice hockey, skiing or snowboarding scene namely would have gone very well with my Winter Village diorama! :cry_sad:

So, right, what sports do you reckon will lend well to LEGO? Basketball, football and swimming will be a given, probably archery, field events in track & field...

I highly doubt that there will be swimming since it would require a big swimming bath - and I regrettably can't imagine TLG releasing.

But basketball and football are surely represented. And I even would be surprised if we didn't see ice hockey, skiing and snowboarding, too. A new skatepark would be the thing I'd be the most interested in.

Klaus-Dieter

Let's see. NCAA, NHL, NFL, and MLB are signed with OyO. NBA is with another company, can't think of which one. These guys don't usually sign multiple company deals for same type product. So what's left? Soccer. LOL Guess this won't be a popular line in the US...

Exactly my thoughts, except soccer does have a decent following over here.

As much as I would love to see licensed NHL sets, I'm hoping for unlicensed. Basically, I just want some ice hockey sets, licensed or not, and if the NHL license is with another company, I'll take unlicensed.

I hope for some 10 studs wide car with design that differ from classic theme of these car.

I mean muscle car, pick-up, hatchback, Rally car would be welcome rather than some sportscar.

Wrong topic ...

Edited by Ondra

As much as I would love to see licensed NHL sets, I'm hoping for unlicensed. Basically, I just want some ice hockey sets, licensed or not, and if the NHL license is with another company, I'll take unlicensed.

I agree. I feel that way for all of the "big" US sports. I don't need licensed teams. I'd rather just get generic players.

Even if some organizations are with OyO, they could presumably cut off ties with OyO and ask LEGO to make sets, right? This may be wishful thinking but getting my hands on some Seahawks LEGO sets would be stellar!

I agree. I feel that way for all of the "big" US sports. I don't need licensed teams. I'd rather just get generic players.

Same here. I'm hoping to see an ice hockey rink along the same lines as the soccer pitch [3569] released a while ago, except I would rather figs be stationary rather than "game pieces". Somewhere large enough to fit enough figs to make it look like two teams, with the markings and nets.

Dunno if the mods wanna merge the other thread with this but Sports is coming next summer. Looks like we were right!

So why make a new topic for it then instead of asking to have the other one reopened or contact the staff about it? :wacko:

Even if some organizations are with OyO, they could presumably cut off ties with OyO and ask LEGO to make sets, right? This may be wishful thinking but getting my hands on some Seahawks LEGO sets would be stellar!

Doubt they can just "cut ties" Probably on a long term exclusive contract. Just read an article that they are "blazing trails" for player specific products (and that was from key league licensing people(NFL/NCAA)), not the writer or OyO with the "blazing trails" comment.

And those three MLS(Major League Soccer) fans across the US with hopes, can scratch that. MLS is also signed with OyO.

Edited by P3_Super_Bee

This theme sounds awesome, I'm just hoping it will be unlicensed for the price and because I think it fit a bit better into another theme like City if wanted. But awesome News!! :thumbup:

Same here. I'm hoping to see an ice hockey rink along the same lines as the soccer pitch [3569] released a while ago, except I would rather figs be stationary rather than "game pieces". Somewhere large enough to fit enough figs to make it look like two teams, with the markings and nets.

Yes! Exactly what I was thinking. I'd love to have an outdoor rink type setup. Perfect for a Winter Village scene. Two teams playing a scrimmage on ice.

Do they a license for this theme, though?

I think they can pull a good sports theme without a license. And the sets would be cheaper