May you could use LEGO bricks separator?

At first i though you need to disassemble but you don't want because you like it. So, after i post, i've change my mind about your question, that makes me say "wrong post" for a while.

Edited by KamalMYafi

What i do, because i have a big deficit of pieces, is make the MOC in LDD, so i can completely disassemble the model with no problem, i think it is a very efficient way to keep your models save for future rebuilds.

What i do, because i have a big deficit of pieces, is make the MOC in LDD, so i can completely disassemble the model with no problem, i think it is a very efficient way to keep your models save for future rebuilds.

This.

But taking apart MOCs is hard regardless. Because I usually do it when I need the pieces. And when I need the pieces because I'm building something new, I feel utterly impatient when taking apart something for 1-2 hours. Sometimes I feel sorry for MOCs, but it seems I'm grown up enough to handle this ""pain""

Edited by Lipko

I don't do LDD I think it is hard.

I have learned that sometimes is better spend time than spend money, at least if you don´t have enough money.

Edited by ImanolBB

You have problems taking apart models??? I want to destroy mine and start building something else because I get bored at 5 min of play!!! The only thing that has won my heart to stay assembled is 8649 Nitro Menace :wub: Also the Tuner X from the Racers Tiny Turbos

And now I am sitting with my slow laptop making the freaking LDD for my recent moc, but I know it is worth it

Edited by LXF

You have problems taking apart models??? I want to destroy mine and start building something else because I get bored at 5 min of play!!! The only thing that has won my heart to stay assembled is 8649 Nitro Menace :wub: Also the Tuner X from the Racers Tiny Turbos

And now I am sitting with my slow laptop making the freaking LDD for my recent moc, but I know it is worth it

I feel the same pain as you LXF :laugh: , is a bit boring when one is building a big model and it goes really really slow, even when you hide most of the parts, and what an horrible experience when the program crashes and you need to start again if you didn't save the model, but it is worth.

I feel the same pain as you LXF :laugh: , is a bit boring when one is building a big model and it goes really really slow, even when you hide most of the parts, and what an horrible experience when the program crashes and you need to start again if you didn't save the model, but it is worth.

It happened more than one time, once I even beaten my computer and got blue screen... That was just crazy, fortunately it just restarted the system and all is ok.

You could take a whole bunch of pictures during disassembly, so when you look through them in the reverse order they look like building instructions!

While thinking of your next model that wil be infinitely better than the current one!

That's the only way that I can persuade myself to take apart my MOCs! :laugh:

Edited by BrickCurve

Innocent enough question..... not sure it needs its own thread, but it is a common question. Sometimes personal questions like this can't be answered by others. Getting others' opinion might be helpful, but ultimately it will be you who come up with your own answer.

Honestly, don't worry too much about it. In fact i honestly think it indicates a developmental stage in the hobby.

When I first started back building, like in 2012 or something, I thought I would keep everything I built. But I think as you get better you get more critical as well, and you see some of your stuff as crap. So you want to rid yourself of it. Also, I think it indicates where your alliances are. None are wrong. some like to collect. Others like to build. You might be more of a builder than a collector and just realizing it. Not a bad thing :classic:

Innocent enough question..... not sure it needs its own thread, but it is a common question. Sometimes personal questions like this can't be answered by others. Getting others' opinion might be helpful, but ultimately it will be you who come up with your own answer.

Honestly, don't worry too much about it. In fact i honestly think it indicates a developmental stage in the hobby.

When I first started back building, like in 2012 or something, I thought I would keep everything I built. But I think as you get better you get more critical as well, and you see some of your stuff as crap. So you want to rid yourself of it. Also, I think it indicates where your alliances are. None are wrong. some like to collect. Others like to build. You might be more of a builder than a collector and just realizing it. Not a bad thing :classic:

What a nice words, and actually looking back to some buildings i had made, i see that it is completely true, i always thought that i would keep my models built, without modifying them, and looking now, i can´t keep a model 5 minutes without thinking what can i mod and what can i improve, these words really changed my way of thinking about building and disassembling models, those are really helpful words Nerdsforprez.

Just drop it on the floor, scream like a child for 10 seconds, have a strong drink for the pain.

Just drop it on the floor, scream like a child for 10 seconds, have a strong drink for the pain.

Poor Legos

How do I disassemble a MOC I like and don't want to take apart?

Send it to me. I have no qualms or emotional attachments disassembling other people's stuff. :laugh:

Just make sure you really don't have a need to keep it. I have disassembled my MOCs and later realized I shouldn't have when the LUG needed more MOCs for a show. :sad: