WOW! I'm getting that set on my 27th Birthday!

Those brand new tyres should also be on the upcoming 2018 Technic Sets (I'm hoping for a ride-on lawnmower for 1H)

And you can even make custom advertising for it too!
BTW, Yellow Brick Road is actually a reference to 'The Wizard Of Oz' which dates from my grandmother's childhood!

Well that's me sold. So do we know when it's in stores ?

is there a special early release in London?

or any more details about the rumoured free gift and how/when that is available?

wondering if I need to ask a London based friend to go to a shop for me

Yes, they have announced that the London stores will have it available from tommorow (July 1st). Otherwise it's VIP release on the 17th and regular release on August 1st.  

Did anyone notice Penguin's umbrella near the rear entrance? Also, the biscuit advertisement with the depiction of brick built biscuits is cute. :classic:

Initially I was about 20% on this after seeing the catalog shot. Yesterday's leaked teaser had me a lot more interested but the video seals it. I'm running out of room on my shelving... 

The front wheel well is an eyesore but not a dealbreaker -- I'm sure there's an easy mod to fix it.

The other night, I was looking over Brickset's set listing for the Creator theme's entire history, and really, Creator had not done any space related products until this year's 31066 Space Shuttle Explorer. I think this is very interesting, considering Creator usually sticks to certain "tried-and-true" subthemes such as houses, cars, dinosaurs, robots, etc.

Does it seem like Creator might be trying to expand their horizons for new subthemes, and if so, what new subthemes could you plausibly see the Creator theme touching upon in the future?

I actually don't see 31066 as being the start of any sort of new subtheme - it's a vehicle, just like any of the cars or planes or boats Creator has done before. If anything, the fact that it's minifigure scale - and features a building as one of its alternate builds - means it could be seen as continuing the subtheme started by last year's Vacation Getaways and continued with Island Adventures earlier this year.

By the way @Rufus, are you going to be waiting for verifiable information on 2018 Creator sets before a 2018 discussion thread is started? I saw @Rick has already started 2018 discussion topics on the Friends and Speed Champions themes even before any sources such as @Sir von Lego have given us any information.

Thanks! :classic:

I believe that SvL does have some CREATOR 2018 info, but he'll need a place to put that, if a 2018 thread could be created please.

You're right. One minute ago I created one. (Although I thought that every member can create anew topic.)