16 hours ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Thought I'd post this.

The modular system is okay I guess. They should've used Technic pins though IMO. It also looks incredibly fragile. I'd prefer the regular hinged Creator buildings.

I just built some modules and haven't found anything 'fragile' about it. I think Technic pins would be unsightly when those sides of the 'cubes' are exposed, and wouldn't really work for the inserts themselves.

11 minutes ago, nikhkin said:

Looks like the new expert vehicle is 10258 London Bus. 

Oh I'm very interested in a set like that. But that still makes me wonder wat set 10256 will be.

8 hours ago, nikhkin said:

Looks like the new expert vehicle is 10258 London Bus. 

http://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-creator-double-decker-bus-10258-rumored-for-july-vip-release/

Is there another discussion on this forum about 10258? I'm surprised at the lack of response or discussion over this rumor! I just read about this when I got home on The Brick Fan, and no one is talking about it? :distressed:

8 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

http://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-creator-double-decker-bus-10258-rumored-for-july-vip-release/

Is there another discussion on this forum about 10258? I'm surprised at the lack of response or discussion over this rumor! I just read about this when I got home on The Brick Fan, and no one is talking about it? :distressed:

Finally! They really kept a tight lid on the Creator expert vehicle this year. I was hoping for something a little more sporty, but something iconic like this could certainly be interesting as well. It sounds like it will be a little more expensive than the previous vehicles, but it would make sense that it needs more bricks. The scale will be way off from the other cars though, so that's a little annoying.

We'll have to wait to see if it's 1/17 scale or not, right? Nothing on brickfan states anything useful other than "it's coming". 

Either way, this is a let down for me.  Maybe seeing the model will change my mind, but this doesn't scream "buy me" like past offerings.

I absolutely love that set, the only thing i think needs improvement is that the front wings/quarter panels needs to be extended forward one stud, so the headlight get covered a bit, should give the front a more agressive look

when do we think news on the Routemaster will drop ? ... if it is a Creator large scale Routemaster (correct name for an old London bus in case you're wondering)

Be prepared to be dissapointed. 

CM4S posted this on Brickset from the Shanghai Lego Store's July calendar. 

Dimensions:
18x34x13cm

1680 pieces

I think they did a pretty reasonable job with the limitations of the series in mind. No doubt I would have liked something a little more sporty instead but I will get it never the less...

I'm still looking forward to it and think it will look great on display next to tower bridge and big ben. I hope they give it a good price. I'd be happy at anywhere from £69.99-99.99. what price do you think it will come to?

I like it, though I agree it looks a bit modern, or "sporty" as tpvelo called it. I have to say, however, that I love how rounded and smoothed the top sides are using the rim piece from the Volkswagen Beetle. I think a few improvements could be made on the sides of the front grill, allowing more in front of the tires. 

I don't know if I'll get it for $120, but I far from hate it.

Why is everybody disappointed? It looks like a brick version of a Routemaster.. around the same scale of the previous ones.. 1,600 pieces for 120$ is a steal. Really? I don't see a reason to be disappointed.

2 hours ago, Aegis2000 said:

I like it, though I agree it looks a bit modern, or "sporty" as tpvelo called it. I have to say, however, that I love how rounded and smoothed the top sides are using the rim piece from the Volkswagen Beetle. I think a few improvements could be made on the sides of the front grill, allowing more in front of the tires. 

I don't know if I'll get it for $120, but I far from hate it.

It's great to see the new curved arch piece done in red, since that part is one of the reasons I loved the Beetle (along with all that Dark Azure)!

But other than that, yeah, what is it about it? Something's lacking in the model which for some reason looks blah. :look:

Oh, I just noticed the text above the windshield reads Brickston. :classic:

Edited by Digger of Bricks

Yeah I'm not a huge fan of how it looks, its a bit boring and messy, but $120 is a good price. You guys gotta realize its bigger than it looks. Its 7 inches tall. And about as wide as all the other creator vehicles. 

Edited by chezzymann

15 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Oh, I just noticed the text above the windshield reads Brickston. :classic:

Hey, that's pretty cool!

10 minutes ago, chezzymann said:

...but $120 is a good price. You guys gotta realize its bigger than it looks. Its 7 inches tall. And about as wide as all the other creator vehicles. 

In relation to say the T1 Camper Van, if it has an interior I think it'd be undoubtedly worth it for $120. 

23 minutes ago, legonerd54321 said:

1,600 pieces for 120$ is a steal. Really? I don't see a reason to be disappointed.

Where was it said that it's 1,600 pieces? Not doubting, I just didn't see it. That is a good ratio

22 minutes ago, Aegis2000 said:

Where was it said that it's 1,600 pieces? Not doubting, I just didn't see it. That is a good ratio

At the bottom of Kevii's post :classic: