On 08/01/2017 at 8:33 PM, Tragic Banjo said:

No, Creator Expert sets would start with 102. Those are likely all Juniors.

I wouldn't say Juniors. I'd say it's an advanced model, but a modular. Similar to the 71040-1: Disney Castle

On 09/01/2017 at 10:48 AM, Capparezza said:

Family Villa and Modern House sound good. Too bad there are no pictures for these sets.

London Toy Fair will start next week, and Nuremberg Toy Fair the week after. Pictures should appear soon ;)

Edited by sebitsena

Can't wait. I'm very happy to see that they are going to release more creator houses. And even something with a pool (31067):thumbup:

Edited by Kjellevirus

Brickset has now the mostly common set prices:

Space Shuttle Explorer 35€

Poolside Holiday 25€

Modern Home 40€

Family Villa 65€

Turbo Track Racer 50€

These sets sound fab! From the names, I predict that the summer wave of sets will be way better than the first wave of sets for 2017.

To get the worst out of the way first, I will not at all be intrusted in yet another race veichle-the turbo track racer. Escpecialy not for such a high price (I don't use euro's but I know rufly how much that comes to.)

A space shuttle could be okay, but I'll have to wait for pictures to say for sure. It will have to have something unique about it. 

A family villa, a modern house and a poolside holiday (which is an awesome price) should be extremely good. A modern house is definitely very welcome to almost all LEGO fans and appeals to all, just as the family villa will. It's great to know creator are putting out more and more houses constantly. Last, I am very intrigued as to what LEGO will include in the poolside holiday for such a cheap price.

The lego fan

I actually like the Townhouse set, does no one else like it?

Also, I'm interested in the Modern House and the Family Villa… I love buildings.

On 18. 1. 2017 at 6:35 PM, The lego fan said:

Last, I am very intrigued as to what LEGO will include in the poolside holiday for such a cheap price.

I guess poolside holiday will not be building but hopefully set with animals. I miss them this year so much (I don't count dinosaurs as animals).

Is there any information about a new set that fits to the funfair theme?

I saw that the fairground mixer is retired and so I guess there is some space for something new.

30475 Off Roader 30476 Happy Turtle 30477 Chameleon polybags are on ebay now

Edited by Bob De Quatre
You know why...

12 hours ago, OrangeChiliPeP said:

Is there any information about a new set that fits to the funfair theme?

I saw that the fairground mixer is retired and so I guess there is some space for something new.

Just you wait and see!

6 hours ago, Tragic Banjo said:

Just you wait and see!

I'm really hoping they release a new creator set in the fairground theme. And hopefully even this year! The way you respond makes my hope rise up! :thumbup: 

Has the new chess set been discussed? I saw this in a LEGO store and was surprised I hadn't heard about it. It has a great price per part at $55 for 1304 pieces.

40174-1.jpg?201701240846

40174 courtesy of brickset.

1 hour ago, Vorkosigan said:

Has the new chess set been discussed? I saw this in a LEGO store and was surprised I hadn't heard about it. It has a great price per part at $55 for 1304 pieces.

I don't know if it has been discussed.  I saw it for the first time on the Lego Shop at Home website about a week ago, and it took me by complete surprise.  I never heard anything about a new chess set being developed on any of the blogs or forums.  

That said, I think this set is brilliant!  It has a beautiful and classic design.  And as Vorkosigan said, the price per piece is amazingly low.

On 27 January 2017 at 2:57 AM, Vorkosigan said:

40174-1.jpg?201701240846

This set looks fantastic! (+it has such a low price point)

Although I like the minifigure based chess sets and the more un-usual chess sets, I feel it's great to get a more traditional chess set-and for that reason I think it's my favourite LEGO chess set to date. The black on red and dark blue on white colour scheme makes the chess pieces look very authentic and well designed and I love the way you can store the pieces under the board. Not to mention stacking the chess board for easy storage! I only have 3 things I'm not fond off:

1. A bit of a nitpick, but I don't like the 2 2x2 red tiles on the back of the knight. I feel they stand out too much, it would be much better of they were black.

2. The draughts pieces are red and blue, not black and white. If they were black and white, the set would look even more traditional and a lot better. Nevertheless, I do like the 2 in 1 play feature.

3. The draughts pieces won't stay together if you want to stack them in pairs when your piece becomes a king.

Overall, a brilliant set.

The lego fan

First pics from Zusammengebaut of 31066 - Space Shuttle. It's a 3in1 with 1 astronaut, which is logical being a creator set but I was not expecting that

http://zusammengebaut.com/live-ticker-lego-news-toy-fair-2017-19791/

Incidentally, on its left there is a sneak peek on one of the new houses, not sure which one

Clarified:

Edited by bitbamboo
link to promobrick's instagram

Well that track car looks great, something like F40 but without added price and stickers

So there seems to be 5 new Creator houses this year (2 have been already released, plus 3 more revealed today).  That's a lot of houses for one year, right?  

I'm happy for lots of houses and buildings, the more the better.

The blue car looks great.

I love space shuttles in general, but I'm not too keen on this one.  Perhaps closer photos, when they are released, will change my mind.

Is it just me, or are these new Creator buildings open at the back? And I'm not entirely sure they fold up to make a complete building the way Creator buildings normally do. If this is the case, I'm disappointed because one of the most appealing things to me about Creator buildings is that they are whole buildings.

I'll have to wait and see. The Family Villa looks like it could fold in half, but then there's that windowsill across the centre on the top floor that would look a bit weird if it was split in half.

Oh well. This might be the excuse I need to slow down my acquisition of Creator building sets, it has been getting a bit expensive :classic:

57 minutes ago, David Thomsen said:

Is it just me, or are these new Creator buildings open at the back? And I'm not entirely sure they fold up to make a complete building the way Creator buildings normally do. If this is the case, I'm disappointed because one of the most appealing things to me about Creator buildings is that they are whole buildings.

I'll have to wait and see. The Family Villa looks like it could fold in half, but then there's that windowsill across the centre on the top floor that would look a bit weird if it was split in half.

They all look like they potentially could fold, but not 100% sure. I think 31069 folds, though.

47 minutes ago, VaderFan2187 said:

They all look like they potentially could fold, but not 100% sure. I think 31069 folds, though.

Yeah, now that I can see the pictures that @Ondra just linked, I can see the distinct split down the middle of the house that suggests it can be folded the other way... good for my collection, bad for my wallet :pir_laugh2: