The train looks good, will get at least two of those. Also love the alternate build of the townhouse with the blue and white awning and what looks like a grapevine.

I like the solution to the Park Street Townhouse with the flipping-up wall where the heights of the building halves don't match, I was wondering what they were going to do about that. It's one of those sets where I actually prefer the B and C models to the A model... that little restaurant, and the house with the conservatory, are gorgeous. Also, is the waitress at the restaurant serving up dog parts from the townhouse dog???

What head does the pilot of the sea plane have? It appears to have a beard on one side and no beard on the other, I'm unfamiliar with it.

The Townhouse looks interesting. Might be the first Lego Set to buy in 2017 (and propably my last for the next year, too.... budget cuts :sceptic:).

4 hours ago, David Thomsen said:

Also, is the waitress at the restaurant serving up dog parts from the townhouse dog???

Lol, you're right, gross :laugh:

4 hours ago, David Thomsen said:

What head does the pilot of the sea plane have? It appears to have a beard on one side and no beard on the other, I'm unfamiliar with it.

Made me wondering whether the hairpiece can hide the beard when it's at the back. But there's no indication of a second head anywhere.

On 11/10/2016 at 8:20 PM, J_C said:

It is a toy. Not a college degree thesis from paleontology. :sweet: 

BTW: Neither my dog, nor my cat looks exactly like dog or cat from previous Creator animal sets either :wink:

Yes,  but if the dog set lacked ears, had its feet twisted sideways and its every proportion distorted to the point where it doesn't even vaguely resemble the real animal, you wouldn't like that either.

19 hours ago, DraikNova said:

Yes,  but if the dog set lacked ears, had its feet twisted sideways and its every proportion distorted to the point where it doesn't even vaguely resemble the real animal, you wouldn't like that either.

I have to admit I saw more real life dogs, cats, owls, parrots and other animals made in Creator series than real life dinosaurs I saw, but comparing e.g. Creator dog to real dog and Creator dinosaur to visualization of dinosaurs I saw in the science books, this comparison is more or less equal.

I just think 2017 dinosaur Creator set looks terrific and comparing some details it might be lacking from scientific point of view to the dog with no ears is out of any scale wrong comparison and completely missing the point of LEGO. :wink:

31064 has a  genius use of pieces, I am going to get it.

Does anyone know if we'll see another Creator Expert car in 2017?

Considering LEGO is not discontinuing any of the past models, I think we won't be seing one next year...

I was recently wondering the same thing. With the F40 and Beetle the first rumours seemed to appear around March or April so there might be a while to go before we hear anything yet. Release would be August 1st with VIP access in the middle of July. 

I have gotten the impression that the Creator expert cars has become a yearly thing, but you are right that there are a lot of the former sets still in production. The 10220 T1 Camper is over 5 years old so that might get retired before the next expert car. 

On 12 December 2016 at 5:27 PM, RMBP said:

Does anyone know if we'll see another Creator Expert car in 2017?

Considering LEGO is not discontinuing any of the past models, I think we won't be seing one next year...

Our Land Rover goes to review stage in January on Lego Ideas after reaching 10000 supporters. All we can do is hope they put it through and maybe produce that, fingers crossed! ;)

My local Toys R Us had many of the 2017 sets on the shelves yesterday ahead of the official Jan 1 release date. I picked up the 31062 Robo Explorer. 

I've only done the main build so far. The end result is a very expressive and poseable little fellow. The light brick is nicely integrated. If it has a flaw, it's that the model tends to tip forward when rolling in some poses, but this is minor. I'm likely to pick up a second copy if only for the nice selection of dark azure parts. 

4 hours ago, Ondra said:

List of all sets for 2H.Looking forward for photos especially spaceshuttle and turbo track(?) racer.

Ooh nice, Familievilla, we haven't had a non-townhouse family home in a while, and quite a high price tag so should be a decent size. I'm guessing about the size of 31012 Family House, based on some price comparisons.

And a 'modern house' as well? About the size of 7346 Seaside House, I think.

I wonder if the spaceshuttle would be minifig compatible, since that seems like an ongoing trend?:moar: It's the same price as the Seaplane Adventures, so might happen.

Actually, it would be great if the 'spaceshuttle' is a Space style set rather than a City style set. We haven't had a good Space set in a while, unless you count the current Space/Castle mashup theme, which I don't...

Edited by David Thomsen

I'm especially curious about the Modern Home, and exactly what sort of style of "Modern" it might be. Fingers crossed for something Eames-ish.

33 minutes ago, Tragic Banjo said:

I'm especially curious about the Modern Home, and exactly what sort of style of "Modern" it might be. Fingers crossed for something Eames-ish.

I feel like the most 'modern' style home we've had is 31012 Family House, with the unique use of windows, so I imagine it'll be something like that, but smaller.

From a list at Brickset:

10730 Confidential
10731 Confidential
10732 Confidential
10733 Confidential
10742 Confidential
10743 Confidential
10744 Confidential

New modular? Big architecture-like set like Tower Bridge/Big Ben?

Thank you very much for the link to the set lists, ondra! :classic:

I wonder about how decenet a public swimming bath could be if it's common price will be around 20-25 Euros.

Family house and modern house sound interesting. But interesting for me only if they could be opened in the back to place them like the Park Street House etc. to include them in my city. But normally we only get this one set in the beginning of the year and all other Creator buildings are then classic "creatorish". Well, we'll see.

Wow. TWO Creator houses in addition to the Townhouse. It's great to see so many residential buildings in Creator. And from the price point, it appears that the Family Villa will be decently sized (while the Modern Home may require multiple sets to make something decent).

A public swimming pool is also interesting. It would at least need some kind of entrance / gate, change rooms, lifeguard station and the actual pool. I wonder if the swimming pool is a success, whether we'll start to see more public spaces, like a bigger "park", a "town square", etc.

Family Villa and Modern House sound good. Too bad there are no pictures for these sets.

Given the price, the "Vacation to the Lido" seems to be a smaller set. Maybe a vehicle, 2 to 3 minifigs and some pool accessories like a diving board, sunshade and a lounger?

On 1/7/2017 at 6:41 PM, David Thomsen said:

Actually, it would be great if the 'spaceshuttle' is a Space style set rather than a City style set. 

This can't possibly happen since it would make me far too happy.