The East Wind Trading Company has invested money and effort to build and equip a pirate hunting ship:

The King Archibald.

800x771.jpg

Captain John Maynard is quite proud of his ship and his crew.

800x631.jpg

800x1147.jpg

800x533.jpg

800x1168.jpg

I will license this as an Armed Sloop - Class 2 A.

And Colonel Brickinson wants the ship to be dedicated to fight the pirate threat. :pir-grin:

So (as I am not very apt at the MRCA details) I will hand this ship to any Eslandolean volunteer to handle it in the MRCA.

Actually, I have to admit that this is not my ship design.

I have tried to build my version of the great ship created by -DoNe-

It looks great, but it is also very fragile... :pir-cry_sad:

Edited by Captain Braunsfeld
(pictures now on Bricksafe instead of flickr)

Great color scheme. Go Oleon!

-wait, you're Eslan aren't you? :wacko:

:pir-grin:

Great remake of another's design. It looks really good. :thumbup:

I would have it as a 3A.

Now that's pretty seriously armed. Lovely ship! pirate_classic.gif

Thanks!

Aww, did they really strap the King to the bowsprit?������

Yes, they actually did! pirate_laugh_new.gif

Good that you noticed!

Nice ship with a good color scheme.

pirate_satisfied.gif

Great color scheme. Go Oleon!

-wait, you're Eslan aren't you? :wacko:

:pir-grin:

Great remake of another's design. It looks really good. :thumbup:

I would have it as a 3A.

Colour scheme came with the design - and I just found it great too.

Well, wait, I changed some bits. But that is ok.

(Can't afford 3A ...)

Edited by Captain Braunsfeld

Very nice ship, she has a great curve and smoothness, and I like her colourscheme

Great looking brig, Captain B!

Particularly, I like the hull in both shape and colour - truth be told, it looks absolutely fabulous. (What is the width of those hull pieces?)

The figurehead and headrails are great, and I like the slope of the bowsprit. (The spritsail yard looks very small, though.) The small flagpole on the end draws parallels to the small mast carried there in an earlier age, often seen on Galleons and similar vessels.

The use of slopes for the bow, and the transition to the more traditional studs-up sides is very well executed, and I really like the white and blue cheese slopes for the small chequered line.

It is all finished off in a nice stern, and I gotta love those lanterns. (Something I have often neglected on my own ships - time for a change!)

My only true gripe is the rigging. With such a beauty of a hull, I think she deserves a better rig. In that regard, a few suggestions. First, I would bring down the spanker sail - it is flying rather high currently - should be just above head height. Secondly, the four very similarly shaped square sails look a bit off. The sails themselves, with their lines and ropes, are brillant, but their shape kinda throws me off. I would suggest (at least) three square sails per mast, the lower one almost rectangular (like now,) the next one narrowing towards the top, and the last one a smaller one on top of that. I think it would make it look quite a bit more realistic.

Further, I agree that it would be a perfect 3A.

*snip*

(Can't afford 3A ...)

Should you be interested in further funding, the Montoya Estate is more than willing to discuss an arrangement. Contact Ibn al'Sayeed, manager of the Estate, to discuss terms for the agreement. (PM me)

Very nice ship, she has a great curve and smoothness, and I like her colourscheme

Thanks! pirate_satisfied.gif

Love the light colour scheme! Well done.

pirate_laugh2.gif

Great looking brig, Captain B!

Particularly, I like the hull in both shape and colour - truth be told, it looks absolutely fabulous. (What is the width of those hull pieces?)

The figurehead and headrails are great, and I like the slope of the bowsprit. (The spritsail yard looks very small, though.) The small flagpole on the end draws parallels to the small mast carried there in an earlier age, often seen on Galleons and similar vessels.

The use of slopes for the bow, and the transition to the more traditional studs-up sides is very well executed, and I really like the white and blue cheese slopes for the small chequered line.

It is all finished off in a nice stern, and I gotta love those lanterns. (Something I have often neglected on my own ships - time for a change!)

My only true gripe is the rigging. With such a beauty of a hull, I think she deserves a better rig. In that regard, a few suggestions. First, I would bring down the spanker sail - it is flying rather high currently - should be just above head height. Secondly, the four very similarly shaped square sails look a bit off. The sails themselves, with their lines and ropes, are brillant, but their shape kinda throws me off. I would suggest (at least) three square sails per mast, the lower one almost rectangular (like now,) the next one narrowing towards the top, and the last one a smaller one on top of that. I think it would make it look quite a bit more realistic.

Further, I agree that it would be a perfect 3A.

The width of the hull pieces?

8 studs at the bottom.

The rigging pirate_cry4.gif My problem area...

I love building hulls and would actually like to stop there pirate_laugh2.gif

I really like the coloring on this ship and the brick built flag also adds a lot. (Granted it isn't the first time we have seen it.) I also like the technique you used on the bow and stern to create the curvature. I agree that it would be an excellent 3A. (Money always getting in the way of licensing pirate_satisfied.gif .)

Nice version of this hull technique, Captain !

I like your colour choice and the hull is great. Even if it seems a bit fragile, particularly on the stern.

I would agree with Bregir that she would deserve a better rigging. But, all in all it's a great vessel !

Good job !

I really like the coloring on this ship and the brick built flag also adds a lot. (Granted it isn't the first time we have seen it.) I also like the technique you used on the bow and stern to create the curvature. I agree that it would be an excellent 3A. (Money always getting in the way of licensing pirate_satisfied.gif .)

Thanks - that is MY first brick built Eslandola flag.... I have used printed ones before.

Nice version of this hull technique, Captain !

I like your colour choice and the hull is great. Even if it seems a bit fragile, particularly on the stern.

I would agree with Bregir that she would deserve a better rigging. But, all in all it's a great vessel !

Good job !

I must agree.

a) fragile ... yes, very pirate_cry4.gif

b) better rigging .... will anyone come over and help me?

pirate_laugh2.gif

Lovely brig. The hull looks great and that colorscheme always looks nice. Perhaps the rigging could be a little more detailed, but the basics are there. I especially like those white gunports for some reason. Keep it up.