CM4Sci

Minecraft 2017

Thanks for the heads up! I was waiting to see more pictures of the sets' interiors and details. This may be my favorite Minecraft wave to date.

2 hours ago, Han solo died said:

I would like to keep this sub-forum alive by saying that Smyth's in the UK has alternatives images and UK prices for all the march sets and are as follows: 21129 £19.99 21130 £39.99 21131: £44.99 21132: £54.99 21133: £64.99 21134: £74.99    On another note though, I can't believe the jungle temple has a working combination lock!

Here's the comment I'm referring to. If you just go to the Smyth's website and look under the Lego Minecraft section, you'll find the pics.

So JANGBRICKS and the BRICKSHOW have a couple reviews of the new sets up on their Youtube. The Waterfall Base set is really neat! It also features our first official Anvil which is kinda neat! I don't like that it's in black though...

Edited by Ashnflash

So JANG just reviewed the Temple. 

I would say the set is pretty cool. It is definitely made for the big Minecraft fans because there isn't really a lot going on. I do like that they captured the lever combination feature! 

10 hours ago, Ashnflash said:

So JANG just reviewed the Temple. 

I would say the set is pretty cool. It is definitely made for the big Minecraft fans because there isn't really a lot going on. I do like that they captured the lever combination feature! 

This is a great set! The combination lock/hidden room feature, the complete look of the exterior and also the reconfiguration options are very well-done! :classic:

Thanks for sharing you guys! I had some connectivity issues recently and just had my internet access restored.. Time to catch up! Can't wait to see what the waterfall base has in store.. 

9 hours ago, Cottin said:

Thanks for sharing you guys! I had some connectivity issues recently and just had my internet access restored.. Time to catch up! Can't wait to see what the waterfall base has in store.. 

Here's the Water Base. 

Thanks! Though it was really only due to my computer issues that I didn't see it when I last posted. I'm actually an avid follower of JANG's channel haha. And since seeing it, the set has really won me over. Completely closed, four doors, two beds, a tame cat and an anvil, plus it's easily reconfigurable - what's not to love? I'll be picking it up for sure, but like all the Minecraft sets released so far, I'll be waiting for a decent sale first. (Even though the price per part ratio is good as it is on this one, my Lego budget ain't huge ahaha)

Also, in case anyone hasn't seen over on Brickset, three sets for the summer wave have been listed:

21135 - The Crafting Box 2.0

21136 - The Ocean Monument

21137 - The Mountain Cave

My thoughts upon hearing the names:

Another crafting box could be cool, it all depends on what goodies it has to offer.. The Ocean Monument was an unexpected surprise, but a welcome one! I can't wait to see how the Guardians are done! And, after seeing the new pieces used for minecart rails in The Nether Railway, I think I know why the set The Mine was discontinued so quickly. I'm gonna guess The Mountain Cave will introduce more rails and replace the original mine and probably feature a snowy surface and some emeralds to mine within the cave. 

A new Crafting Box? Can't say I saw that coming, quite a neat surprise :thumbup: Hopefully it'll contain at least one new mob, like a differently coloured sheep or a donkey :laugh: 

The Ocean Monument will surely include both types of Guardians cause I don't see them revisiting that structure in the foreseeable future. I expect it to be a great source for sand-green parts :classic:

A mountain cave? I get the idea, but why a mountain cave specifically instead of any other type of cave?

And yeah, I know I keep repeating myself over and over again, but hopefully one of these three will FINALLY grant us some chickens :grin: The Ocean Monument set certainly won't, but one of the other two (or both) might be the one :sweet:

No problem ;)

I dunno what's going to be presented at New York Toy Fair tomorrow, but hopefully we get to see the summer sets. I'd be happy if we got a glimpse of the minifigs and mobs at very least. I think a squid would fit perfectly into the monument set, but we'll just have to wait and see.

The only distinct feature of caves beneath mountains is emeralds - emerald ore only generates in extreme hills biomes. Then again, this Secret Waterfall Escape totally surprised me, so who knows what's in store for this Mountain Cave set.

I reckon 2 of these three sets will be shown at nytf as the press release states that 8 sets will be shown in this theme ranging from 19.99 to 109.99. The other one will most likely be d2c like the village from last year.

The ocean monument got revealed(courtesy of the brick show) so much new stuff...

Edited by Han solo died

The Ocean Monument looks great! The stand-out aspects certainly are the Guardians, the squid and the enchanted armour :thumbup: 

The crafting box 2.0 includes a Creeper, a gray horse, a Slime and a cow and sadly, no chickens :sadnew: At least the horse and the golden pickaxe are neat :classic:

I wonder why they didn't show the Mountain Cave... some people suggest it might be a D2C set, but that doesn't seem that likely to me given it's not really D2C material in my book, unlike the Village :wink:

THAT OCEAN MONUMENT :wub: Wow that's incredible! That's such a huge set!! 

And that Creative Box looks really good! Slime, beats, and a Horse! Must have! 

I wonder why the Brick Show got the exclusive? I didn't see Minecraft reported on by any other Lego news outlet, and usually there are videos from other publishers that have the floor person walk them through the features of the model. I'm sure one will surface soon enough, but I really want to see the Ocean Monument interior!

I'll be picking up that crafting box for the horse alone.. too bad the price shot up $10 for what doesn't appear to be more than the original. But still totally worth it for someone who didn't get the fortress and has no plans to. The Ocean Monument is quite massive, but it's a bit clunky (Also $120). And I guess I'm unimpressed with their sea lanterns, but what else were they really going to do besides use a glow-in-the-dark brick? But the interior could really add to the value of this thing, which so far is only in the mobs and enchanted armor.

The new Crafting Box seems bigger, so it makes sense for the price to go up. The first one only had 3 "figures" right? Steve, Skeleton and Mooshroom. Now this one has 5, Steve, Creeper, Horse, Cow and Slime. 

Also anyone else notice how Steve has leather leggings, that's kind of morbid with the cow being right there no? :grin:

I'm not sure about the color of the Ocean Monument. Is it sand green? Isn't sand green a bit darker?

Maybe the light in the videos confuses me..

Edited by 1992pb

Ocean monument!!!! Guardians! Squid! Enchanted armor!

In the same box! So wonderful! Thank you!!

( I have no opinion on green. I don't really like dark green, but doesn't matter)

Well, the Witch looks okay, but I'm genuinely surprised they didn't go for light grey or brick yellow with her skin color. Granted, there's no perfect color for it, but a healthy flesh tone looks wrong. 

Too bad we didn't get pictures of 21137 at the NYTF after all, initially I thought we'd get them through an obscure toy blog or something since a lot of attendees seemed to ignore the theme for the most part (at least fbtb did) so we didn't know for sure whether it wasn't shown or people just didn't notice there was another new set :wacko: Looks like the former was the case. Oh well, at least we still have something to speculate on :purrr:

Speaking of speculation: I'm wondering whether the Mountain Cave continues this year's trend of including long-desired items and/or mobs in every single set:

21129: compass

21130: Magma Cubes

21131: enchantment table and enchanted pickaxe

21132: leather armor, levers, dispenser

21133: Witch, Slimes, lilypads, potions, brewing stand and cauldron

21134: fish, shears, anvil, cat and coloured wool

21135: gray horse, golden pickaxe and beetroots (interestingly the only thing from update 1.9 onward that has gotten the LEGO treatment so far, let's hope for an Ender city next year)

21136: enchanted armor, milk bucket, (Elder) Guardian, squid

Event the smallest set had something new to offer, so I hope this year's remaining set also delivers in that regard :sweet: Here's what I want to see the most among the stuff that's still missing from the game (pre-version 1.9 that is) apart from chickens:

- melons: thanks to the new quarter round 1x1 pieces, TLG already have a watermelon piece in their repetoire, so just recolour that part into olive green and we're good to go for the slices. Whole melons could be done in a similar fashion as the pumpkins (i.e. a printed Minecraft head piece)

- golden apples, golden carrots & golden melons: really simple, requires nothing more than recolouring of existing parts

- books: we already got bookshelves and an open book as part of the enchantment table but proper books are still missing. The Nexo Knights mould would be great albeit somewhat oversized (well, as if that has stopped the designers before *cough* carrots & bread *cough*)

- signs: I can't believe we haven't got any signs (or chickens) yet given their prevalence in the game *huh* My solution would be a printed 2x3 tile, even though I have no idea what it could say on that :blush: Probably somethink chicken-related

- meat: I can't think of a way to portray any kind of Minecraft meat in a convincing way that relies solely on existing parts, so this one's tough. I still kinda want to see it though... Especially chicken meat if you catch my drift.

- flint and steel: printed 1x1 tiles? Oh, and feathered creatures. Lots of them.

- hoe: new mould obviously. I wonder why they didn't include one in the first wave (the Farm set specifically) where it made the most sense? Like some chickens?

- and finally (you never saw that one coming)... chickens. CHICKENS. And eggs. We have gotten a mould for that in the meantime, so no excuses there :laugh: Have I mentioned chickens yet?!

Edited by Lego-Freak

Looks like 21137 is a D2C set after all, given the box size (58 x 48 x 17cm) and its impressive weigth of 5kg *huh* (source: http://brickset.com/sets/21137-1/The-Mountain-Cave). In that regard it's almost comparable with the Disney Castle even though the parts count (and price) will obviously be much lower given we're talking about Minecraft, a theme that tends to have lots of bricks and larger plates accounting for a vast majority of the overall weigth. If I recall correctly, 21128 was unveiled last April, so we might get a reveal in roughly a months time :thumbup: