CM4Sci

Minecraft 2017

Yeah I am working on a bigger table for my Minecraft layout. I am sort of hoping for no new sets for a while. I will skip the Ocean Monument. So hopefully nothing until Christmas.

A new bigger table is needed however... especially after this Mountain Cave set....

11 minutes ago, DungeonsAndFlagons said:

Yeah I am working on a bigger table for my Minecraft layout. I am sort of hoping for no new sets for a while. I will skip the Ocean Monument. So hopefully nothing until Christmas.

A new bigger table is needed however... especially after this Mountain Cave set....

My strategy is to ignore the small and medium-sized sets and focus on the D2C-sets as center pieces and MOC my way around it... 

27 minutes ago, MysticModulus said:

My strategy is to ignore the small and medium-sized sets and focus on the D2C-sets as center pieces and MOC my way around it... 

I have MOCed The Village set into a four base-plate sized arrangement for 'home base' then I am grouping Alex Jungle House, The Witch Hut and Jungle Temple together into another 4 base-plate configuration. This leaves Ice Spikes and The End Portal to be worked into the Mountain Cave 'block' of sets, for a snow connection. I have got all the Minecraft sets but not all fit together in work-able groups. However D2C will likely provide a core of 'home base' and 'mine' location from which to MOC/build out so maybe our strategies are not that different. This set will be a key one. 

1 hour ago, DungeonsAndFlagons said:

I have MOCed The Village set into a four base-plate sized arrangement for 'home base' then I am grouping Alex Jungle House, The Witch Hut and Jungle Temple together into another 4 base-plate configuration. This leaves Ice Spikes and The End Portal to be worked into the Mountain Cave 'block' of sets, for a snow connection. I have got all the Minecraft sets but not all fit together in work-able groups. However D2C will likely provide a core of 'home base' and 'mine' location from which to MOC/build out so maybe our strategies are not that different. This set will be a key one. 

I agree, this set will be an important part for my plan of having a Minecraft landscape. I haven't bought any of the recent sets so you probably have more bricks to work with. :classic: How big is the your table?

Edited by MysticModulus

1 hour ago, MysticModulus said:

I agree, this set will be an important part for my plan of having a Minecraft landscape. I haven't bought any of the recent sets so you probably have more bricks to work with. :classic: How big is the your table?

If I use the dining table I will cover 5X3 baseplates (32x32 ) so it is 130cmx80cm. I am planning on getting a Minecraft dedicated table of around these dimensions but I will be interested to see how much of a footprint this 3.3kg of bricks called set 21137 is going to be.

Edited by DungeonsAndFlagons

4 hours ago, DungeonsAndFlagons said:

If I use the dining table I will cover 5X3 baseplates (32x32 ) so it is 130cmx80cm. I am planning on getting a Minecraft dedicated table of around these dimensions but I will be interested to see how much of a footprint this 3.3kg of bricks called set 21137 is going to be.

Sounds like a dinner table should do it, I probably have to have more shallow tables against a wall. Yes it will be interesting to see the size of 21127, I'm really excited.

I find it really interesting that they haven't posted anything since they've released the last piece of the puzzle. I keep checking to see them release official pictures....

Just now, Ashnflash said:

I find it really interesting that they haven't posted anything since they've released the last piece of the puzzle. I keep checking to see them release official pictures....

Yeah it has gone all quiet....

I might have to clear off part of my desk to expand Minecraft display space. Got a 5 foot table where i'm left with maybe a 2X2 foot section total of space clear. Rest is a small sterelite unit, lap, and building space. Then i have a rolling cart w/ the lego Mod of "The Mine" on it and the second shelf is 3 of the 20 dollar sets and the farm and a Built from my collection "First night" on the bookshelf.

11 hours ago, SweetiePie88 said:

I might have to clear off part of my desk to expand Minecraft display space. Got a 5 foot table where i'm left with maybe a 2X2 foot section total of space clear. Rest is a small sterelite unit, lap, and building space. Then i have a rolling cart w/ the lego Mod of "The Mine" on it and the second shelf is 3 of the 20 dollar sets and the farm and a Built from my collection "First night" on the bookshelf.

I think that 2x2 foot section belongs to the 21127 Mountain Cave. :)

On 2017-05-11 at 3:32 PM, DungeonsAndFlagons said:

Yeah it has gone all quiet....

Yes it's strange that TLG releases all the sneak peak-photos and then goes silent. I wonder when we will know more.. It's a day one purchase for me regardless!

11 hours ago, MysticModulus said:

Yes it's strange that TLG releases all the sneak peak-photos and then goes silent. I wonder when we will know more.. It's a day one purchase for me regardless!

Same here. 

What about the other 2 sets for the summer wave?:

- 21135: The Crafting Box 2.0
21136: The Ocean Monument

I own all the minifig scale Minecraft sets so far so 21135 and 21137 are for sure but the Ocean Monument might have to be first exception. I think I would just brick link the Enchanted items and Potion Bottles. I just can't see that fitting into a diorama anywhere.....

Edited by DungeonsAndFlagons

1 hour ago, DungeonsAndFlagons said:

Same here. 

What about the other 2 sets for the summer wave?:

- 21135: The Crafting Box 2.0
21136: The Ocean Monument

I own all the minifig scale Minecraft sets so far so 21135 and 21137 are for sure but the Ocean Monument might have to be first exception. I think I would just brick link the Enchanted items and Potion Bottles. I just can't see that fitting into a diorama anywhere.....

I don't own that many but I'm not impressed by the ocean monument. There is a huge difference between blocky minecraft charm and just stacking bricks on top of each other...

5 hours ago, MysticModulus said:

I don't own that many but I'm not impressed by the ocean monument. There is a huge difference between blocky minecraft charm and just stacking bricks on top of each other...

Yeah the Ocean Monument is probably a hard set to do as it is a faily unexciting/odd location to start with. Either way the set will have to be hugely discounted for me to consider getting it.

3 minutes ago, DungeonsAndFlagons said:

Yeah the Ocean Monument is probably a hard set to do as it is a faily unexciting/odd location to start with. Either way the set will have to be hugely discounted for me to consider getting it.

I agree, I bought another 21122 today at discount, love the colours of the nether...

I may not care for Minecraft usually, but the ocean monument set looks perfect for my Adventurers models. I'm thinking of it being a temple set in a swamp, similar to being a up-scaled jungle temple set. I already have 36 trees ready to be built for my jungle cutter to cut down to plow a path to the temple. It may not be interesting in a Minecraft setting, but with a couple tweaks, it looks perfect as can be for my purposes... I just can't wait to see the inside! 

Why are people still hating the Lego Minecraft sets so much? The theme has been around for a couple of years but still people seem to have a need to spew out critical and often non relevant comments about the new sets. I've read a lot of reviews and news regarding Minecraft sets and it's the same thing over and over again. If you only love SW UCS-sets why bother?

Edited by MysticModulus

3 hours ago, MysticModulus said:

Why are people still hating the Lego Minecraft sets so much? The theme has been around for a couple of years but still people seem to have a need to spew out critical and often non relevant comments about the new sets. I've read a lot of reviews and news regarding Minecraft sets and it's the same thing over and over again. If you only love SW UCS-sets why bother?

If you are referring to my previous comment (the one above yours), please allow me to explain: I don't hate Minecraft, it just usually isn't on my radar of sets to buy. I quite like the ingenious use of basic parts, and the new village set was very neat. However, I hadn't found any sets to fit in with my LEGO layout until I saw pics of the Ocean Monument set as it works perfectly for my purposes with (hopefully) little change. i'm sorry if my post was slightly off topic, as I got a little too excited about the set and thought people would like to know this set can be used for non-minecraft builds / layouts, which in retrospect, is quite obvious as it is all LEGO bricks after all!

So, in short: Sorry for bothering you with the post I made before.

27 minutes ago, Murdoch17 said:

If you are referring to my previous comment (the one above yours), please allow me to explain: I don't hate Minecraft, it just usually isn't on my radar of sets to buy. I quite like the ingenious use of basic parts, and the new village set was very neat. However, I hadn't found any sets to fit in with my LEGO layout until I saw pics of the Ocean Monument set as it works perfectly for my purposes with (hopefully) little change. i'm sorry if my post was slightly off topic, as I got a little too excited about the set and thought people would like to know this set can be used for non-minecraft builds / layouts, which in retrospect, is quite obvious as it is all LEGO bricks after all!

Sounds like there was a little misunderstanding that was all.

The Ocean Monument would make a good jungle temple for another theme. So if it gets used by someone I am all for it. As a Minecraft set it is just a little too niche and basic looking. So MOCing it into another theme is a good idea.

31 minutes ago, Murdoch17 said:

I'm so sorry, I didn't mean any comment in this thread! No I was referring to comments on brickset etc.

1 hour ago, MysticModulus said:

I'm so sorry, I didn't mean any comment in this thread! No I was referring to comments on brickset etc.

It's okay! I just wasn't sure who you were referring to and assumed it was me, but apparently it was not.

1 minute ago, Murdoch17 said:

It's okay! I just wasn't sure who you were referring to and assumed it was me, but apparently it was not.

No it wasn't at all! It was a more a rant regarding the constant critisism in comments by people who obviously doesn't like Minecraft at all. 

27 minutes ago, MysticModulus said:

No it wasn't at all! It was a more a rant regarding the constant critisism in comments by people who obviously doesn't like Minecraft at all. 

OK I see. Well I haven't encountered that level of dislike for Minecraft theme so far. There is plenty of love for Minecraft LEGO it seems as it has done a number of waves now and must have sold well for big sets like The Village otherwise 21137 would not have been made. We are not alone in our lust for Minecrafty LEGOness. :)