CM4Sci

Architecture 2017

When can I expect that the first wave of the Architecture Skyline series (aka New York, Venice and Berlin) will retire?

@Fairsy Could I ask about how much your collection costed all together?

There was a picture today shared in the Lego Architecture page on facebook of set 21037 of the update Lego House.  It is in German or maybe Danish I believe so I cannot read it as I know more Spanish and Chinese but not either of those languages.  Brickset already has a placeholder for it, but no picture.  The picture in the facebook article makes the set look huge so I am not sure that would be the final set to consumers.  And while I am not sure of the wording, I believe it may speak to the set being exclusive to the Lego House in Billund, which would not make me thrilled as it would be hard to add to my collection.

In any case, if someone does see this and can translate, if you could update here, would be greatly appreciated.  

Edited by Herky

The picture isn't the real set, it is a model of the Lego house which was built during events as an ad for the Lego house. The article said that there aren't any official news out yet but that the set might be more colorful than the older Lego House set 4000010, so I guess it also would be bigger.

Thank you, I do remember the older Lego House set that was all white, not sure if it was Architecture series or not, but they said they would do a bigger colorful one when the actual building was complete.  The only problem is they are likely going to offer it just in Billund.  Frustrating for us that do not have the budget to head over there to get it, but is on the bucket list for travel.

On 7/20/2017 at 4:34 PM, Doge said:

When can I expect that the first wave of the Architecture Skyline series (aka New York, Venice and Berlin) will retire?

@Fairsy Could I ask about how much your collection costed all together?

I wouldn't know to be honest as been over a number of years - basically everything was at Face Value or list price bar Sungyenum which I may have paid about £75-80 for as was not readily available anywhere

The fact that there are both V29 and V39 instructions gives me some hope that this will see a wide release eventually.

On 8/3/2017 at 11:39 AM, LEGOFANNER said:

It will be available only in the shop of the LEGO House. :cry_sad:

That's hugely frustrating for someone who has the whole architecture collection - it's not even a decent piece of architecture in reality.

Should no way be in the 21xxx number range

I don't see why Lego couldn't release it at least as a brand store/shop at home exclusive. I'm pretty sure most average customers would be interested in such a set even if they aren't familiar with the source material, since it is a very nice looking set. :shrug_confused:

I sent an email to LEGO. They confirm that it will be available only at the shop at LEGO House, Billund and it is for DKK 449, approximately 71 USD, 55 GBP and 60 EUR. I'm sad because the set will be available only at LEGO House but I hope it will be also available on eBay or Amazon.

3 hours ago, Fairsy said:

That's hugely frustrating for someone who has the whole architecture collection - it's not even a decent piece of architecture in reality.

You're right.

4 hours ago, Fairsy said:

If you have the whole range, you already sought out MBS, the original lego house and the Billund airport right? Not really any different.

and if you're not interested in having the box, bricklinking it will be super easy.

6 hours ago, KevinMD said:

bricklinking it will be super easy.

I thought so too until I looked at how many exclusive recolors are in it.

4 hours ago, Tragic Banjo said:

That's unfortunate. Should've known those greens and yellows were off-colors!

9 hours ago, Tragic Banjo said:

There are only three parts exclusive to that set. The two Bright Green tiles and the Bright Light Yellow jumper plate.

There are however, a number of parts that are available but HTF on BrickLink.

Argh, as one who hunted down MBS, the original all white Lego House and the Airport, I was hoping for wide release.  Guess I will pay another premium through eBay or some sort of secondary market for this.  Unless someone on here is in Denmark and wants to help out the rest of us?  I like it, it is over priced to me considering a lot of 1x1 pieces, but for the most part, Lego is way overpriced anymore anyway.  I would put this set at roughly half of what they want as a good price for it.  Am sure producing it for 100 times less than price.  Still, I will open my wallet, guess it is better to buy this than have other vices.  Thanks for all the information.

On 05/08/2017 at 9:02 AM, archieg said:

There are only three parts exclusive to that set. The two Bright Green tiles and the Bright Light Yellow jumper plate.

There are however, a number of parts that are available but HTF on BrickLink.

More than three!

6195258: Flat Tile 1X2 bright green

6195264 :2x2 brick Transparent

6195265:Flat Tile 1X3 COOL YELLOW

6195266: Plate 1X2, W/ 1 Knob  COOL YELLOW

6195267: Flat Tile 1X4 bright green

6185307: Flat Tile 1X3 BRIGHT YELLOWISH GREEN

6172375: Flat Tile 1X1 BRIGHT GREEN

Edited by spig1992

9 hours ago, spig1992 said:

More than three!

6195258: Flat Tile 1X2 bright green

6195264 :2x2 brick Transparent

6195265:Flat Tile 1X3 COOL YELLOW

6195266: Plate 1X2, W/ 1 Knob  COOL YELLOW

6195267: Flat Tile 1X4 bright green

6185307: Flat Tile 1X3 BRIGHT YELLOWISH GREEN

6172375: Flat Tile 1X1 BRIGHT GREEN

6195258: Flat Tile 1X2 bright green - Yes. Exclusive.

6195264 :2x2 brick Transparent - Available on Bricklink. They aren't cheap.

6195265:Flat Tile 1X3 COOL YELLOW - Available on Bricklink. It is rare though.

6195266: Plate 1X2, W/ 1 Knob  COOL YELLOW - Yes. Exclusive.

6195267: Flat Tile 1X4 bright green - Available on Bricklink.

6185307: Flat Tile 1X3 BRIGHT YELLOWISH GREEN - That colour is Lime on Bricklink and available.

6172375: Flat Tile 1X1 BRIGHT GREEN - Yes. Exclusive.

I know this because I either already have the parts or have recently ordered them from Bricklink to build this set.

Edited by archieg

On 8/4/2017 at 4:41 PM, KevinMD said:

If you have the whole range, you already sought out MBS, the original lego house and the Billund airport right? Not really any different.

and if you're not interested in having the box, bricklinking it will be super easy.

Well it is different because those sets don't mention architecture on the box, are not listed anywhere in the 'architecture' section anywhere, and are not part of the 21xxx number series

On 28-7-2017 at 10:48 AM, Fairsy said:

I wouldn't know to be honest as been over a number of years - basically everything was at Face Value or list price bar Sungyenum which I may have paid about £75-80 for as was not readily available anywhere

Thanks for your reply :)

I just saw this set on Brickset and I didn't even know about it. I knew about the house itself but wasn't aware of the Architecture set release. I came here to get info on it and found that you have to visit the actual Lego House in order to obtain one. Checking Ebay I found I would have to pay around $200 US to get one. Ugh. I love that Lego can be an investment and any time I sell any of my collection its always an auction. I don't rape and pillage with anything that I'm willing to let go of and the money goes back into Lego again. That being said I just can't bring myself to pay scalper prices. I really hope they release it to the stores worldwide at some point. If not, maybe I should take a trip abroad. :)