CM4Sci

Architecture 2017

The Guggenheim is in stores in Europe, a friend of mine is in Lego Store Milan Italy and posted a pic of it on the shelves.  Didn't think they were supposed to put it out this early, but Europe might have different rules.

I've already found Gugg in store in the US. Though I'm sure it was put out by mistake.

Looking forward to it, I guess I thought both sets out at the same time, but excited for both, like Fairsy, I have them all, this series is my favorite.

Guggenhem is really good looking, although the price is incredibly high even by Architecture standards.

Definitly going to get it at some point but I can't pull the trigger at 100$ CAN. 

Picked it up, $80 US, it is probably 2.5 times the size of the older one, I could be wrong...much more detailed, which makes for a somewhat tedious build as you put 1x1 tiles on the façade pieces.  Overall it is a great looking piece and really makes the older one obsolete, not that I would get rid of it.  I am looking forward to the Arc, but I feel this scale is where Lego needs to be on all builds going forward, the older smaller sets are great, but this scale has the ability to really show the right detail without getting so big we have to clear off lots of shelf space. 

Cityscapes are great in their size as well, but for a single building, I really like this size in the 700-1000 piece range.  Lego per piece is getting expensive though, this one comes out right under 11 cents a piece, but there are at least 150-200 1x1 pieces so I agree, pricey for sure.  Not sure if they had a license fee on this one but it does have the FLW foundation logo on the box.

Anyone know the Arc price?

Just got the Guggenheim set yesterday and could not pull myself away from building it. It was by far my favorite architecture set to build thus far (though I haven't built any Frank Lloyd Wright buildings before this). It's not repetitive at all and is packed with useful and unique building techniques. It's also very sturdy. I know architecture sets are usually pretty solid, but this one just *feels* more sturdy. I felt the price was a little high at first, but I was completely satisfied once I got into it and especially when I finished. Highly recommend! 

13 hours ago, Herky said:

Picked it up, $80 US, it is probably 2.5 times the size of the older one, I could be wrong...much more detailed, which makes for a somewhat tedious build as you put 1x1 tiles on the façade pieces.  Overall it is a great looking piece and really makes the older one obsolete, not that I would get rid of it.  I am looking forward to the Arc, but I feel this scale is where Lego needs to be on all builds going forward, the older smaller sets are great, but this scale has the ability to really show the right detail without getting so big we have to clear off lots of shelf space. 

Cityscapes are great in their size as well, but for a single building, I really like this size in the 700-1000 piece range.  Lego per piece is getting expensive though, this one comes out right under 11 cents a piece, but there are at least 150-200 1x1 pieces so I agree, pricey for sure.  Not sure if they had a license fee on this one but it does have the FLW foundation logo on the box.

Anyone know the Arc price?

50$ US for the Arc.

I'm assuming that the Guggenheim signage (on the side of the building) is printed, correct?

Edited by thorin

yes, it is printed, no stickers on any Architecture sets that I can recall (could be wrong), it actually looks really good when all lined up

1 hour ago, rollermonkey said:

Any updates on the Arc d' Triomphe set, or has something happened to it? 

August.

Yes, it is pictured on the back of the August calendar. VIP early access is only ever done for D2Cs though, which this definitely isn't.

6 hours ago, Sir von Lego said:

We will get Las Vegas and Shanghai in 2018.

Those will be skyline sets I guess? Thank you for the information. 

11 hours ago, Sir von Lego said:

Are those the only two you are aware of, or is Lego opting for only two skyline sets next year as opposed to three?

On 7/8/2017 at 4:42 PM, Sir von Lego said:

Shanghai is a wonderful choice, and if done justice, could be amazing. I've actually been suggesting Shanghal and Hong Kong for a while. 

Las Vegas, though... what a huge surprise. It's going to be different, that's for sure. Outside of the Stratosphere, the buildings aren't all that tall. The buildings are still huge though, because they have enormous footprints. The surprise is that Vegas has been drifting away from the family vacation destination and back to being an adult playground for many years now.