CM4Sci

Architecture 2017

On November 16, 2016 at 10:35 AM, Herky said:

Anyone know any info on this?  And since it is on ebay already, can we put the pictures back up Bob?

On their Facebook page they just said it's a timed exclusive. 

So not another marina bay sands situation. Thankfully 

I realy like the London one out of this skyline wave. Tower bridge and the eye in particular look realy fabulous! ??

The sydney one gets me hyped for the opera house so I will look forward to that one too. ?

Lastly, the Chicago is the only one that doesn't realy appeal to me as much. Overall this skyline wave is pretty strong, though. 

Guggenhiam museum? It certainly gets me interested.?

The lego fan.

Edited by The lego fan

cool, thanks guys and Bob, not trying to be a pain, but please in the future, could you maybe say ok, taking these pictures down but stay tuned for announcement on Thursday as Lego opens their new flagship store in London when we will be able to not only reveal the pictures but provide a review as well.  It's a more likeable approach which tells us that 1. pics not ready yet and 2. pics are coming and 3. you did a kick butt review so you can PR yourself.  I sense you are a good guy but lose all the admin attitude and that will go a long way, your fellow admins could do the same, this is a news and discussion site, not a lock down secret place where only certain folks get info.  The way you all go about things sometimes, almost makes me scared to post cause you will come crack me across the knuckles...

oh and by the way, how cool would it be to have the super size London set that is there vs the smaller set we will get, too bad they didn't produce both...can't imagine the price on that one, but that would be way cool to have

@Herky

In regards to leaks and Eurobricks, they are absolutely not allowed. We do not want people posting them here, telling other people where to find them, or even using this site's PM system to pass them around. This is done because A) leaking is just wrong itself and B) we appreciate our relationship with Lego and we want to keep that relationship going strong. Lego hates leaks and occasionally asks us to remove information/images that are inappropriately revealed to the public through our site. We do this out of courtesy and respect towards Lego and because frankly it's the right thing to do. 

Which leads to embargo discussion: Lego has generously provided us (as in Bob) the new London set to review. It was under embargo, meaning we were not to post our review or even acknowledge that we were in possession of one and in the process of reviewing it until that embargo date had passed. We will never drop by and give heads up that we are writing an early review just because someone leaked photo of the same set on Ebay. Eurobricks Staff cannot discuss certain things to the public because if we do so, we may no longer be allowed that early access information and set reviews that I know many of our members appreciate.  

Now back to Architecture discussion! :thumbup:

On 11/17/2016 at 10:59 AM, Steve309 said:
-snip-

On their Facebook page they just said it's a timed exclusive. 

So not another marina bay sands situation. Thankfully 

Wow that's so awesome!! How much does that set retail for, $2000? :tongue:

But seriously though, the new sets look incredible! 

Edited by Ashnflash

Looking forward to the Sydney set. I'm getting both an overpriced resell purchase of the Architecture Opera House as well as the big one for Christmas, so I want to add the third scale Opera House to my collection. The London one looks very good as well. Chicago doesn't really interest me that much, however. I hope LEGO continues this skyline theme with a version of Los Angeles, my one-time home.

Thanks Captain Nemo for perpetuating the stereotype.

So anyone have a rumor for the sets other than January?  The two released recently were bigger so I am going to assume they are similar, but wonder what they will be, maybe an Alcatraz so the admins can stick me in jail.  hahaha :laugh:

Just built Sydney. 

The instruction book was maddening. 

The first 29 steps add a single piece or occasionally two. Then step 30 comes along and has you add 33 pieces at once? These instructions that treat people like idiots are getting OLD. 

It looks nice, but this is my 3rd Sydney Opera House now. :/ Ready for something actually new. 

On December 31, 2016 at 6:33 AM, rollermonkey said:

Just built Sydney. 

The instruction book was maddening. 

The first 29 steps add a single piece or occasionally two. Then step 30 comes along and has you add 33 pieces at once? These instructions that treat people like idiots are getting OLD. 

It looks nice, but this is my 3rd Sydney Opera House now. :/ Ready for something actually new. 

Just finished them all they all do this. And these are all 12+ ages. 

I like the three of them. Sydney and London i really like. Chicago alittle disappointing. 

Not sure when Guggenheim comes out. But I could see them wanting to spread them out if they saw last year having 4 at once hinders the sales just because to many. 

Im excited to see what else comes out in 2017 in this line. 

Just finished Chicago this morning. I actually prefer this Sears Tower to the first, but even though I lived there, and googled it, I never heard of 'Big Red' and google didn't find it. I ended up using google Maps in 3D mode to find it! I guess they didn't want to provide any sort of advertising to Trump. ;) 

Did you also notice that they have the instruction page on how to use the LEGO Brick Separator tool, but the sets don't actually have it? Odd, because the Architecture line is part of why I have more than 50 of them. They've all had one, or nearly so. 

I'm certainly fine waiting until the March releases for the Guggenheim. Hopefully it doesn't fall to August or September, though. 

9 hours ago, Fairsy said:

When is the Guggenheim reissue out? Assumed it would be 1st Jan alongside the others

Pretty sure it's supposed to be April.

On January 1, 2017 at 2:53 PM, rollermonkey said:

Just finished Chicago this morning. I actually prefer this Sears Tower to the first, but even though I lived there, and googled it, I never heard of 'Big Red' and google didn't find it.

Yeah I've never heard any Chicagoan refer to it as big red, ever, not even once, its the CNA building (or CNA "Center") .

Also appreciate still calling it the Sears Tower as it will always be to many a Chicagoan. I recall a cab ride when I said it and the cabbie sarcastically corrected me "don't you mean Willis Tower?" No, followed by laughter. 

Anyone know Guggenheim price?  My city scape sets are on order, but I agree, never Willis Tower, Sears may go bankrupt but it will always be Sears Tower to me.  Thanks for the pic of the Guggenheim, but this makes me wonder, since last year we got 2 sets at the end of the fall for Architecture, will the museum and Arc be it for the year?

1 hour ago, Herky said:

Thanks for the pic of the Guggenheim, but this makes me wonder, since last year we got 2 sets at the end of the fall for Architecture, will the museum and Arc be it for the year?

No clue on the price. I believe it comes out in April. Where the photo is. I believe says "New April" in Italian.

no clue on price. 

I'm hoping there's another one beside the arc for the rest of the year. 

Got all 3 of the sky lines delivered yesterday - built the Sydney one first and was an enjoyable little build and has come out well

I just received London, felt the same as Fairsy, quick build, liked it a lot and I like the multi dimensional look over the first series. 

The Sydney Skyline set is amazing, I bought it a while back, easily my favorite Architecture set to date.