Architecture 2017

Lineup for next year -

21032 Sydney

21033 Chicago

21034 London

21305 Guggenheim Museum

More to come! :classic:

Guggenheim museum

Do you know if it's another one of New York or the one in Spain ?

If these are January 1st, like this year we had 3 skylines and a redo so might be same strategy

Also on their Facebook page there's a new gold round piece that's being used in a set. So any guess to what building it can be used for here.

Also just a small edit I think you mean 21035

Edited by Steve309

Let's have some wild mad guessing for what the city models will be.

Sydney: Opera House, Harbour Bridge, ?, ?

Chicago: Sears Tower, John Hancock Center, Water Tower, ?

London: Shard, Big Ben (again :sceptic: ), St. Paul's, ?

I suppose it'd be too much to ask for 333 North Michigan, the Rookery or the Tate Modern.

Let's have some wild mad guessing for what the city models will be.

Sydney: Opera House, Harbour Bridge, ?, ?

Chicago: Sears Tower, John Hancock Center, Water Tower, ?

London: Shard, Big Ben (again :sceptic: ), St. Paul's, ?

Chicago: Trump tower, Marina city, aon center. Just so many

Sydney: Sydney tower

London: 30 St Mary Axe (the gherkin) , London eye, tower bridge, Tower of London ??

stupid dead sheep shoes... Still waiting for the San Francisco skyline set...

I started this with stupid dead sheep shoes and it corrected to "stupid dead sheep shoes". That's just weird.

It just did it again!!! Supposed to say "stupid dead sheep shoes"

U G G !!!

Edited by redtrooper27

Sears and Marina City are a given for Chicago. Technic gears will probably be used for the latter. John Hancock Center is likely, but not the stepped design found in the original version. Somebody built a nice architecture set sized version that tapered in one direction a few years ago.

I don't know if TLG would want to touch the Trump name, or pay out licensing royalties to their organization.

I'm excited to be getting a "Chicago" printed tile that I can add to my custom landmark mocs.

Edited by Spencer_R

And to think this is just 1H. The Guggenheim can be a Spanish curveball, or the NY one. Either way, the skyline choices are great.

But they better not use a clear dish for the London Eye.

And to think this is just 1H. The Guggenheim can be a Spanish curveball, or the NY one. Either way, the skyline choices are great.

But they better not use a clear dish for the London Eye.

A functional London Eye would be amazing, not sure if they can pull that of at such a scale though.

Actually I'm disappointed that San Francisco isn't on the list, I was hoping for it ... well, maybe next year then.

stupid dead sheep shoes... Still waiting for the San Francisco skyline set...

I started this with stupid dead sheep shoes and it corrected to "stupid dead sheep shoes". That's just weird.

It just did it again!!! Supposed to say "stupid dead sheep shoes"

U G G !!!

That's from an old April fools where a bunch of words and phrases were filtered. Some curse words were always filtered to "megablocks" and so on April fools a ton of common phrases got filters. I had thought most were changed back after the Angry Birds theme was announced, yet Angry Birds had a filter to say "Grumpy Sparrows." Also, it's "ugh" to express disgust and "u g g" to express a shoe brand.

Could be a cool set if they went for the new modern buildings in London like the Gherkin, the walkie talkie, the shard, london eye...

Edited by Askan

What if the Guggenheim Museum is also a Skyline?

Wouldn't that be obscure! I'd buy one. I have no idea how that would work, but I think I'd like it.

The Guggenheim in NYC isn't that obscure; they already made a set of it back in 2009.

I know, I was speculating about it being a skyline set.

A skyline of just one building? I would count that as obscure.

A 2017 release for a Guggenheim set is suspicious - It might seem like the obvious building to re-create is Frank Gehry's iconic Guggenheim Bilbao, since they already captured Guggenheim NYC (Frank Lloyd Wright) in an official set.

We are forgetting that the Guggenheim Abu Dhabi, Also designed by Frank Gehry opens in 2017. I think there is a very good chance that the model will be timed to coincide with the new building. It's also just a few years before the 2020 World Expo in nearby Dubai. LEGO is crealy trying to grow outside of North America and Europe, and the affluent middle eastern hub seems like a good place to be, (They have already done not just one, but two models of Burj Khalifa as well.)

What do you think?

Edited by henrysunset

A 2017 release for a Guggenheim set is suspicious - It might seem like the obvious building to re-create is Frank Gehry's iconic Guggenheim Bilbao, since they already captured Guggenheim NYC (Frank Lloyd Wright) in an official set.

We are forgetting that the Guggenheim Abu Dhabi, Also designed by Frank Gehry opens in 2017. I think there is a very good chance that the model will be timed to coincide with the new building. It's also just a few years before the 2020 World Expo in nearby Dubai. LEGO is crealy trying to grow outside of North America and Europe, and the affluent middle eastern hub seems like a good place to be, (They habe already done nut just one, but two models of Burj Khalifa as well.)

What do you think?

I think I like the road you went down. Makes very good sense. Let's model a brand new museum. Even the possibility of selling it in the gift shop, along with the Burj Khalifa, as a way to promote LEGO in a new area.

We are forgetting that the Guggenheim Abu Dhabi, Also designed by Frank Gehry opens in 2017. I think there is a very good chance that the model will be timed to coincide with the new building. It's also just a few years before the 2020 World Expo in nearby Dubai. LEGO is crealy trying to grow outside of North America and Europe, and the affluent middle eastern hub seems like a good place to be, (They habe already done nut just one, but two models of Burj Khalifa as well.)

That's a good idea!

ht_guggenheim_abu_dubai_090520_mn.jpg

Tragic Banjo's profile pic is Jean Baptiste Point du Sable

That guy was the first permanent resident of.... Chicago

:laugh:

Edited by Robert8

I'm leaning more toward wanting it to be just a larger, updated model of the New York museum. The previous model looked okay on its own, but looked out of place when I displayed it with the other Frank Lloyd Wright buildings because it was so much smaller. Of course, I'd certainly be happy about Bilbao or Abu Dhabi.

That's from an old April fools where a bunch of words and phrases were filtered. Some curse words were always filtered to "megablocks" and so on April fools a ton of common phrases got filters. I had thought most were changed back after the Angry Birds theme was announced, yet Angry Birds had a filter to say "Grumpy Sparrows." Also, it's "ugh" to express disgust and "u g g" to express a shoe brand.

So what phrase was replaced with "stupid dead sheep shoes"?