CM4Sci

2017 Friends Sets - Rumours and Discussion

On 1/24/2017 at 2:20 AM, Robert8 said:

I just saw this. 

"Puppy Parade"??? What the hell?

Image result for lego puppy parade

Am I getting this wrong or this set features a puppy parading in a giant dog shaped car??? And the girl is suppose to be there to cover the event and get an interview with the dog?

Did this puppy save the world or what? 

Seriously, how did this become an official LEGO set? 

It's a dog-show-themed car and she is there covering the dog show for her blog or YouTube channel. Or she is practicing to go to Westminster and the camera is there to check her dog's stacking. Or maybe she does dog grooming and drives or is driven to clients in the dog themed car. It's not like this is the only Friends set people will have; kids who buy this will have additional figs to put in the car and stage interview?

i see the car as a spoof of the van in Dumb and Dumber.

Edited by gotoAndLego

3 hours ago, notpennysboat said:

Is that the first time we get a minifigure in a minidolls set ?

Depends on what you count as a "minifigure". The swaddled baby doesn't really have discrete parts, and works reasonably well as a mini-doll baby given that only its face is visible (and printed with more Friends-esque eyes in this set). Classic minifigure heads have also been used to stand in for mini-doll faces in the Friends theme before (such as busts for displaying alternate hairstyles in salon sets).

On 2/18/2017 at 7:24 AM, Soupperson1 said:

The hospital has a baby!

That is adorable. I like the light lime color more than dark tan from the eskimo figure, i mean in this context. Looking forward to this set a lot.

13 minutes ago, Lyichir said:

Depends on what you count as a "minifigure". The swaddled baby doesn't really have discrete parts, and works reasonably well as a mini-doll baby given that only its face is visible (and printed with more Friends-esque eyes in this set). Classic minifigure heads have also been used to stand in for mini-doll faces in the Friends theme before (such as busts for displaying alternate hairstyles in salon sets).

I was talking about the skeleton :)

On 18/2/2017 at 7:24 AM, Soupperson1 said:

The hospital has a baby! 

Oh my...

It looks kinda creepy 

So at which point does the LEGO baby grow up to be a minidoll or minifigure?

Thank you all very much for the news! :classic:

For me the ski lift stays a bad set. :thumbdown:

The 4x4 is ok, but not really stunning. :sceptic:

In contrast, all other regular Friends sets for summer are awesome: :wub::wub::wub:

The ski hut has a very detailed interior. It's a pity that there are missing the sidewalls in the back. But apart from that it is a very nice set.

I must cancel my previous opinion about a hospital in the Friends theme - it namely couldn't have been done better in the City theme: Ok, the dark pink elements disturb, but luckily there are only very few of them. And the heli looks ugly. Apart from these, the exterior as well as interior are very realistic looking and include many details!

My opinion about the ice rink changed, too. It is of course too small, but the side structures are a nice addition so that the set as whole looks really good.

The surf shop is a beauty! I really like it how much details TLG put in it!

The beach lounge and the catamaran do look excellent, too!

Btw: I'm curious about which set we'll get as an Exclusive. An ice cream parlor (in addition to the beach sets) or a winter sports shop (in addition to the winter sports theme) would be really cool. Since we already get the hospital as a huge building: Do you, too, think that the Friends Exclusive will be a smaller building?

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

I'm super excited for the Sunshine Catamaran! Truly a worthy successor to the Dolphin Cruiser! The banana boat is hilarious, and the overall structure is really unique! The sliding glass door on the back is a very nice feature. I look forward to seeing clearer pics of the interior, but I can tell there's a lot there!

The hospital is also brilliant and maybe the best LEGO hospital ever, just in terms of how much detail and playability it boasts! I love the colors and architectural style!

I think the Sunshine Catamaran looks amazing, so does the Hospital, really happy they came up with it between the whole summer / winter scene. I'm still not having a real good feeling with the ski lift, maybe in real life it will change, because there are some elements that I like, like the bar/restaurant/cafe part, but not yet as an overall. Though I really like the whole summer vs winter theme and everything is new and not a reboot in some way, so very happy with that. Any thoughts on the special set from the contest ? I thought that they will bring it out in september when I'm correct.  

Looks like Friends will be getting a Playground!

https://friendsdesignerapp.lego.com/en-us/winners

Doesnt really float my boat (but I'm not the target market anyway), but I can totally see why it was picked as its got loads of playability.  Fair play to the little girl who won :classic: what an awesome prize - to have your own design available to buy!

According to Brickset:

30208 Smoothie Stand (polybag)

41320 Frozen Yoghurt Shop

I personally would have preferred an ice-cream parlor over a frozen yoghurt shop. Nevertheless it for sure will be a great set, I think. Do you bet that it'll be part of the beach subtheme, too? Or do you more think of an urban set? It's excluded that it'll belong to the winter sports subtheme, isn't it? I bet that it'll look very similar to the Juice Bar from 2014.

Btw: When I look at all listes Friends sets for this year, 41319 and 41324 are missing. So there are maybe two more Exclusives of which one might be the playground eanair reported?

On 18.3.2017 at 11:06 PM, eanair said:

Looks like Friends will be getting a Playground!

https://friendsdesignerapp.lego.com/en-us/winners

Doesnt really float my boat (but I'm not the target market anyway), but I can totally see why it was picked as its got loads of playability.  Fair play to the little girl who won :classic: what an awesome prize - to have your own design available to buy!

Thank you very much for this information, eanair! :classic:

If this was more or less the final set, then it for sure will be a pass for me - much, much too girlish-like.

Looking forward to the ski-themed sets. Likely end up with 4 of the ski lifts, two each for going up and down, and then try to link them together some how. Will need to get a heap more white bricks to make a decent slope and skiiing area.

According to the Brickset data base, the smoothie stand is cancelled, but there'll be five more sets:

41319 Hot Cocao Van (from the Snow Resort subtheme)

41328 ?

41329 ?

41330 ?

30402 Ski Practise (polybag)

On 4/17/2017 at 8:50 AM, Klaus-Dieter said:

According to the Brickset data base, the smoothie stand is cancelled, but there'll be five more sets:

41319 Hot Cocao Van (from the Snow Resort subtheme)

41328 ?

41329 ?

41330 ?

Five retail exclusive sets (including the fro yo shop) seem a little excessive, especially since wave one only gifted us a hedgehog.

Hot Cocoa Van sounds stupid but the build could be neat, usually the more stupid Friends sets ideas have nice builds. I'm hoping for an African American boy in a winter outfit, as for some reason Nate's torso is the only winter torso to show skin. 

I  have no clue what the other sets could be, probably at least one of them will be beach themed. It's a shame mini-dolls in these retail exclusive sets are always just part combinations and rarely introduce new parts (Iva's hair and Livi's blue torso are the only two that come to mind). 

You're right that five exclusive sets sound too much, Soupperson1. Maybe the three last are already set numbers for next year and someone mixed something up?

Bought set 41319 Hot Chocolate Van from smyths today for those who haven't seen it yet.

Edited by Gav

Here are pictures of frozen yogurt shop and hot chocolate van!

Frozen yogurt shop looks great!

http://heartlaketimes.blogspot.co.at

34593254665_bf51485ff3_o_d.jpg

2 hours ago, Gav said:

Bought set 41319 Hot Chocolate Van from smyths today for those who haven't seen it yet.

How much was the set?

Edited by cebelicamya

12 hours ago, Gav said:

It was £19.99 :)

Thanx, i thought it was more :) 

can you maybe make a picture of the back side of chocolate van, when you build the set?

Brickset also revealed this 'pod' type set: https://brickset.com/sets/5004920-1/Ski-Pod It has an exclusive torso and legs....I really don't understand why we need another winter suit but it's nice nevertheless. 

41319 Hot Chocolate Van is an adorable little set. I think it could've done without the brown, but oh well. The slides are a nice and fun addition too. I believe this is the first use of Kate's face since 2015. The rest of the minidolls are made of existing parts, it makes the advent calander even less desirable as the one mini doll doesn't have a single exclusive part now. 

Im conflicted on 31320 Frozen Yougart shop, as parts of it look stupid and others don't. The brick built sign looks horrendous in my opinion, thanks to the white on the bottom. The use of balloon bottoms as bowls doesn't really work either IMO. I really love the use of spring green though! The sports car is a nice little build and the interior of the shop looks promising. It's a shame Julian doesn't have a new torso or leg piece or something interesting as we need more variety across our male mini dolls. 

Thank you very much for the pics, Gav and cebelicamya! :classic:

The skids in the Hot Chocolate Van are stupid. Plus the table is much too low. :thumbdown:

But the van itself is cool and will even fit well in the Winter Village. :thumbup:

The right side of the Frozen Joghurt Shop with the sale to the street does look really bad and only does need about 12 studs wide place. :thumbdown:

Although I like the idea in general. But the shop itself does look great - a lot of interior and a nice and interesting exterior. :thumbup:

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

When is the hospital coming out, by the way? I want to get it for my sister as a birthday present (a slightly overdue one, since her birthday was earlier this month)

High resolution pictures of all 2hy summer friends sets! https://www.flickr.com/photos/friendsbricks/albums/with/72157683871612026

I love this wave! 

-frozen yogurt shop: love the stickers!

-heartlake hospital: love the new baby color :) and the color scheme for hospital, sometimes lego over exagerate with pink and violet colors in friends theme, 

- surf shop: can't wait to add this set in my city, you have never enough surf boards and beach assecoires ! :)

-sunshine catemara: such an improvement from the previous one

33898470734_3379617cc4_c_d.jpg

34740799515_a0d724d59d_z_d.jpg

Edited by cebelicamya

The hospital set looks amazing. I would have been so happy to have this as a child. Now my daughter has been saving her money for this set. I am not sure that as a household we need two of it. So I am hoping for a hospital modular. In the meantime I will be getting most of the Friends ski sets. They look like a fun addition to the winter village albeit a more modern look than the official winter village sets.