CM4Sci

2017 Friends Sets - Rumours and Discussion

3 hours ago, Soupperson1 said:

Let's hope this hospital has a wheelchair or even  baby!! Anna could make a second appearance as she is a doctor. I can't wait to see what they do for the build at that price. I can't imagine they would do an elevator again so I wonder what will take up the pieces? 

The catamaran will be a welcome addition as we haven't got a big vehicle since the dolphin cruiser. The surf shop sounds great too! 

The winter sub theme has very good mini doll potential and hopefully we'll get Santa in the advent Callander so it has something exclusive. 

While a wheelchair for the hospital would be great, I'm not quite sure how a wheelchair would work (either the existing one or a new one) with mini-dolls, given their long, straight legs and lack of connection points on their butts. Has anyone who owns the wheelchair from City tried it with a mini-doll and could shed some light on the matter?

A minidoll can sit in the wheelchair and looks pretty good actually, but can't clip on in any way so is very unstable. The two studs on the wheelchair are at the front of the seat, which would be under a minidoll's thighs; a 1x2 tile with a thin piece sticking up in the middle (like the edge of a small panel) would probably work to provide some grip but I don't believe there is such a piece?

Edited by alsielou

I'll be interested to see the Heartlake Hospital. I hope that the inclusion of a hospital in Friends doesn't mean that it will be many more years before we see a "Hospital" them in Lego City.

8 hours ago, Lyichir said:

While a wheelchair for the hospital would be great, I'm not quite sure how a wheelchair would work (either the existing one or a new one) with mini-dolls, given their long, straight legs and lack of connection points on their butts. 

A new mould with legs moulded into the wheelchair? 

On a side note why is everyone upset that Friends is getting the hospital isn't it a good thing that Friends and City can share builds? I for one am very excited for this hospital and hope we get other City esc. themes in Friends in the future! :D

10 hours ago, lightningtiger said:

Grand parents in the minidoll series ?

If we get grandparents and a baby I'll flip. :P Though I can't really see where grandparents would fit as the ski place seems to be a resort.

9 hours ago, Soupperson1 said:

On a side note why is everyone upset that Friends is getting the hospital isn't it a good thing that Friends and City can share builds? I for one am very excited for this hospital and hope we get other City esc. themes in Friends in the future! :D

Of course it's good that Friends and City can share builds! Only about a good 1/3 of my City buildings consists of City sets, less than 1/3 is Creator and 1/3 is Friends. But imo there is a huge difference: Shops and family homes today often have some girlish colors in their front and even in their interior and furniture. Consequently it's with many Friends buildings no problem to include them in your City city. But having a hospital with pink, purple, light blue and light green in a City city is absolutely unrealistic and bad-looking imo. The same would be with a police station or fire station.

1 hour ago, Klaus-Dieter said:

Of course it's good that Friends and City can share builds! Only about a good 1/3 of my City buildings consists of City sets, less than 1/3 is Creator and 1/3 is Friends. But imo there is a huge difference: Shops and family homes today often have some girlish colors in their front and even in their interior and furniture. Consequently it's with many Friends buildings no problem to include them in your City city. But having a hospital with pink, purple, light blue and light green in a City city is absolutely unrealistic and bad-looking imo. The same would be with a police station or fire station.

Well hospitals should have warm and welcoming colours to patients right? City's red and white hospitals are far from releastic, so whatever Friends releases will be just as good I.M.O. :P 

The point I was trying to make wasn't that we should have builds for custom cities, it was that Friends should have the opportunity to add fire stations, hospitals and whatever to Heartlake.

On 1/10/2017 at 2:16 AM, Soupperson1 said:

Well hospitals should have warm and welcoming colours to patients right? City's red and white hospitals are far from releastic, so whatever Friends releases will be just as good I.M.O. :P 

The point I was trying to make wasn't that we should have builds for custom cities, it was that Friends should have the opportunity to add fire stations, hospitals and whatever to Heartlake.

This is true but I think part of the disappointment is that the colours do not integrate well because Friends set always use brighter colours, splashed with random purple and pink. Not saying it is any good but it takes some colour swapping to integrate it quite well.

Also, minidolls. I personally have no issue with minidolls but City should get more nurses and doctors because Heartlake City is already too nice a place to live and less dangerous compared to City (Town).

I just build new Pizzeria! What a lovely set! I thought I will be bothered with Magenta splashes but they look blend better in person. With this set you get Two pizza boxes, 5x 0.25 pizzas and two new pizzas. The print IS different than a Pizzermen CM!
Much better set for price than Pizza van...

Brickset has now the mostly common final prices listed:

Surf Shop 20€

Speed Boat Transport 30€

Catamaran 75€

Hospital 100€

Name? €? (I bet an exlusive set)

Winter Sports SUV 18€

Ice Rink 30€

Ski Chalet 45€

Ski Lift 60€

Friends Advent Calendar 30 Dollars

(Attention: I partly didn't post the official set names!)

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

To me only the ski hut appears. Its facade looks a bit similar to the WV sets and so will go well with them. And it'll be even the only set of the winter subtheme I'll buy - if anyway. :thumbup:

The SUV actually looks well designed, but has too many girlish colours for a car on it. :classic:

The ice rink is much, much too small. :sceptic:

And the ski lift is - like I already feared by judging its price and place in the Friends theme - really ugly and undecent. Like the rollercoaster last year, there are thousands of things included in this set, but none of them is design decent, realsitic and good looking. :thumbdown:

I just saw this. 

"Puppy Parade"??? What the hell?

Image result for lego puppy parade

Am I getting this wrong or this set features a puppy parading in a giant dog shaped car??? And the girl is suppose to be there to cover the event and get an interview with the dog?

Did this puppy save the world or what? 

Seriously, how did this become an official LEGO set? 

Edited by Robert8

The dog could be a Best of Show winner and is in the parade as a VIP (Very Important Puppy). The set is a bit like those Littlest Pet Shop toys that little girls like.  LEGO is probably trying to play well into that market group.

On 1/25/2017 at 11:25 PM, dr_spock said:

The dog could be a Best of Show winner and is in the parade as a VIP (Very Important Puppy). The set is a bit like those Littlest Pet Shop toys that little girls like.  LEGO is probably trying to play well into that market group.

My daughter is going to love this set. She's a huge fan of the animals. Not so much the people

On 1/24/2017 at 1:20 AM, Robert8 said:

Seriously, how did this become an official LEGO set? 

The set isn't made for you, it's targeted for little girls who love this kind of stuff and don't try to overthink the "why" behind it.

The ice rink, if a bit small, looks pretty cool though. I wonder how they'll put the skates ont the mini dolls' feet as they won't be able to do it the same way as the minifigs, :classic:will they? The ski resort would look great with the adventure tree house tho. 

16 hours ago, Lego-fire said:

The ice rink, if a bit small, looks pretty cool though. I wonder how they'll put the skates ont the mini dolls' feet as they won't be able to do it the same way as the minifigs, :classic:will they? The ski resort would look great with the adventure tree house tho. 

Standard ice skates work for both minifigs & minidolls. They've been in the Friends advent calendar multiple times.

Edited by Toc13

3 hours ago, Toc13 said:

Standard ice skates work for both minifigs & minidolls. They've been in the Friends advent calendar multiple times.

Oh, I don't get the advents so I didn't know. Thx tho 

Has anyone seen the other half of sets ? not the winter sets, the other ones like catamaran, hospital and surf shop? I know there is a glimpse of sunshine catamaran on one of the photos from the toy fair, but i wanna see a better picture. Has anyone been to the toy fair and can describe heartlake hospital?

Edited by cebelicamya